I don't get it!!!

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
I saw in this forum and other forums that most of the ppl prefer originals on the first 2 Testament records rather than FSSD remakes and also some of them were saying that FSSD shouldn't have been made at all.

------> Why the hell then ppl put an idea together for Testament to re-record some of their old classics if most of them are against it right now anyway? <------

No offence, but first 2 Testament records had really poor production. I read in interviews that originally they contacted Atlantic records to remix their first 2 records, but since they were no longer with Atlantic they decided to record FSSD.

I really like how FSSD turned out. Better production, Alex S. and John T. on the record, new additions to the songs like extended solos, Steve Souza on 2 songs, and the record is minimalistic in growling.

Don't know about the rest of u, but I would definitely like Testament to re-record the rest of the songs from their first 2 records that didn't make it onto FSSD sometime in the FUTURE :D !:headbang: :hotjump:

midlife crisis said:
I saw in this forum and other forums that most of the ppl prefer originals on the first 2 Testament records rather than FSSD remakes and also some of them were saying that FSSD shouldn't have been made at all.

Those people are fags. FSSD crushes and Testament recording those songs over does not hurt the original recordings in anyway. The cry babies can still listen to the originals if that's what their little hearts desire. My only minor complaint with FSSD is there should have been Practice What You Preach songs included!!

My God, we agree on something...FSSD beats the shit out of the first two. Mediocre songs like First Strike Is Deadly, Trial By Fire and The New Order suddenly become these incredible, steroid-injected crushers. The only flaw is that Chuck doesn't hit as many screams, but oh well.

Hannibal666Lecter said:
Those people are fags. FSSD crushes and Testament recording those songs over does not hurt the original recordings in anyway. The cry babies can still listen to the originals if that's what their little hearts desire.
Yep, I agree. FSSD is AWESOME. I don't know what the hell they are smoking but FSSD is one of the coolest things a metal band has done. If they wanna hear the old recordings, throw them on then. I doubt Testament will re-record any other records , they are busy enough as it is trying to record a NEW record. !:headbang:

C'mon people......we all know that there are always gonna be a certain few with the mentality of an ant. I personally would never complain about one of my favorite bands. If you like a band, then you like everything about them. There might be certain songs that don't give you that certain "hell yes" feeling, but there is always a reason why those songs are put on the c.d. and that is, IT MEANS SOMETHING TO THE BAND OR THE PERSON THAT WROTE IT! I might be completely off the subject here, but wtf? Everything about recording has changed over the years. Hell, I still have some vinyl! (and damned proud of it too) :)

First Strike Still Deadly is great.
Some of the songs really kick serious ass.
Trial By Fire and Burnt Offerings definitely kick the originals ass.
The FSSD version of Disciples of The Watch also kicks major ass,
even though i miss the great intro from the original.
They really should have made a double cd reproduction of the best material before Low i think.
Songs like Practice What You Preach and Electric Crown would probably sound really cool with great production and a more deathy edge.
Everyone who whines about FSSD should listen to it instead of whining ;)

I completely disagree with your philosophy valofvalhalla. No offense to you or anything. Just because you love a band doesn't mean you have to enjoy everything they put out. In fact, if you just take the crap they dish out they are likely to not realize when they are over the hill (i.e. Metallica). If Testament had continued in the style of The Ritual, I would've given up on them long ago. Great bands can put out crap albums, but we shouldn't have to pretend we like them.

I'll take whichever Testament can do- either rerecord- or remaster- both satisfy me. I honestly dont think Practice needs to be rerecorded- it's production holds up quite nicely if you ask me- and it is a classic- although i would buy it again if the decided to remaster or rerecord it.

Val you strike me as a person that would be a good soldier, or even a good priest- u never question what you support- and well thats great and all- but if everyone was like that- we would all be in a very fucked up world- I m thinking we wouldnt have gotten past despotic regimes(nowadays the new Bush regime with Ashcroft and cronies- a shameless dig- excuse me- I cant help it).

speed said:
I m thinking we wouldnt have gotten past despotic regimes(nowadays the new Bush regime with Ashcroft and cronies- a shameless dig- excuse me- I cant help it).

Dude, shut the fuck up. You're an idiot and if you want to keep going with the politics, I'm going to rip into you on every post you make.

It took me about a year before I could admit to myself that I liked FSSD probably better than any other Testament album. It just seemed sacrilegious, I love the first two so much. I gotta go with FSSD though, it's superior.

jimbobhickville said:
I completely disagree with your philosophy valofvalhalla. No offense to you or anything. Just because you love a band doesn't mean you have to enjoy everything they put out. In fact, if you just take the crap they dish out they are likely to not realize when they are over the hill (i.e. Metallica). If Testament had continued in the style of The Ritual, I would've given up on them long ago. Great bands can put out crap albums, but we shouldn't have to pretend we like them.
Okay. That's cool but this is what I also said in my post:

There might be certain songs that don't give you that certain "hell yes" feeling

Okay, so you say Metallica is over the hill. Are you talking age or output? Sounds like output. That is your opinion. I guess that is why I am a die-hard fan. So, I might no get a hell yeah feeling from every single cut, but it is what was put out by them that shows me a different side of who they are. To me, it doesn't have to be HARD all the time <efg>! It helps me to get to know another aspect of how a band feels inside. I personally do not know one band that puts out music for fans only. Personally, I think that a band is what a band is because they play what they feel, not what others want. I could be wrong, I could be right.

WHAT WOULD BE COOL IS TESTAMENT ANSWERING A QUESTION LIKE THAT....HINT HINT!

And Jimbo, I take no offense. :)

speed said:
Val you strike me as a person that would be a good soldier, or even a good priest-

BLESS YOU MY SON, I ABSOLVE YOU OF YOUR SINS, NOW SAY 5 HAIL MARYS AND 5 OUR FATHERS AND THE LORD WILL FORGIVE YOU. SEE YOU IN CONFESSION NEXT WEEK!

u never question what you support- WHY WOULD I QUESTION MYSELF? THAT IS TRULY A STUPID STATEMENT SPEED.

and well thats great and all- YES MY SON, IT IS MY WAY OF LIFE. I DON'T HIDE BEHIND THE IRON CURTAIN

but if everyone was like that- we would all be in a very fucked up world- NO, YOU WOULD BE IN YOUR OWN LITTLE FUCKED UP WORLD BY YOUSELF. I'D LOVE TO SEE YOU IN IRAQ MAKING A STATEMENT LIKE THAT ONE TO OUR SOLDIERS!

I m thinking we wouldnt have gotten past despotic regimes(nowadays the new Bush regime with Ashcroft and cronies- a shameless dig- excuse me- I cant help it).

SHAMLESS INDEED. NOW, ARE YOU WILLING TO ACCEPT THE BODY OF CHRIST? LMFAO! :devil:

Yes, well i suppose i should have mentioned the nice chianti and fava beans the only way your appetizing Hannibal.

Well Hannibal, what do you want to start debating- politics, the war, i dont care, you just seem like a follower with few ideas of his own- i can remember the republican rhetoric you were spewing forth before on the Iraqi War, yet i heard few if any ideas of yours, other than your a fucking idiot if you dont support the war- go live in Iraq- etc. How mature.

I am rather apolitical, i really think our political system, and the 2 parties are quite flawed- yet I do hold a vehement hatred towards W, and his cronies. So, if you are under the impression I am pinko commie, or liberal or something, you are wrong.

Anyway, Val, what the fuck is with the Iron Curtain reference?

I truly dont understand why u think I would live in my own fucked up little world because i question the world around me. Apparently you accept wholeheartedly what you are told by the United States Government- by friends, by your place of work etc. Isnt questioning one of the most fundamental human traits? I just dont get it, how could one be so gullible?

I think a big problem in this discussion is the fact you see things in black and white- I see them as grey- once you have made a choice you make a line in the sand- and will not hear of anything contradicting your position- no matter how obvious it is. I on the other hand , rarely ever make a line in the sand for any issue- for instance i will say I have thought that the war in Iraq might work, we may actually stabilize and democratize a country, and make up for the years of hypocrisy. I also think the war is a good idea, to show american power to the rest of the world, we were threatening nations before of our use of force, and how strong we were, but we never did anything about it, but launch missiles, or invade grenada. Yet, these positives of the war, are overwhelmed in my mind by the many negatives- which i could go on for ever about.

I believe Socrates- (Ill have to get out Plato for this cuz I think I am sort of paraphrasing here)- once said, one must question everything, and only then can one come to understanding