Testament's 2nd album of re-recorded old classics

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
How many of u fellow Testament fans would like to see them releasing that, which could consists of the remaining songs from Legacy & New Order that didn't make onto FSSD? Plus some extra songs from PWYP, SOB and TR. :D
As far as I know, Testament originally wanted to remix Legacy & New Order but they ended up recording FSSD. So I don't see nothing wrong with a 2nd album of re-recorded classics. :D

Here are the songs that should be there: (that includes the ones from Legacy & New Order that didn't make onto FSSD, plus some extras)

Apocalyptic City
C.O.T.L.O.D.
Raging Waters
Do Or Die
Eerie Inhabitants
Hypnosis
Nobody's Fault
A Day Of Reckoning
Musical Death (A Dirge)
Practice What You Preach
Perilious Nation
Confusion Fusion
Souls Of Black
Seven Days Of May
So Many Lies
Deadline
Agony

Also, Alex Skolnick & Johnny Tempesta should come in for a ride one more time :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

As for the album title, I think 'Apocalyptic City' could do just fine :headbang: :hotjump: :headbang:

hmmmm....nah. And f they did, I'd like to some other drummer than Tempesta.

And didn't they make a remake of Eerie Inhabitants for FSSD? I think it's on some special extened ultraversion.

Originally posted by Haunted/Hated
And didn't they make a remake of Eerie Inhabitants for FSSD? I think it's on some special extened ultraversion.

Nope, they didn't make a remake of EI. There is only one import version of FSSD and that is Japan Version. Tracklisting is the same plus there is a multimedia section.

I wanna hear a new HEAVIER version of Electric Crown!! They should just cut a couple everytime they do a record or practice and put them up on the website.

Id love to hear Sins Of Omission done like the songs on FSSD :D

I dont know if the guys in Testament would want to do another remake album though? Maybe they want to work on some new stuff, but it would be cool if they did, even if they just did the songs while they were recording the new album as well :)

Who could the lineup be?

It would be awesome to have Chuck and Eric, SteveD,
Smyth and Lombardo!

OfficerNice.

I agree with the rest of you and would love to see PWYP re-recorded with the power sound they have now. However, I highly doubt they will do that. I am grateful they even did FSSD, that has to be one of the coolest things a band has ever done for their fans. I have listed to FSSD 100's times of now and each time I am so impressed that they got Alex back to do it and made it sound so incredible. :cool:

I think I read somewhere that FSSD was made because the record company didn't want to re-release the first 2 albums remixed and remastered and with extra tracks like some other bands have done, so Testament decided to re-record a "best of" of those first 2 albums, which in my opinion is a much cooler idea. Having a FSSD part II would be cool, as some of my favorite songs are on Practice What You Preach, Souls of Black, etc., however, I find it unlikely that they would do so. I really would prefer that Testament put all their energy into a new album, since the last one, The Gathering, is one of their best.

i totaly agree, i want them to focus on their new album... id love to have another album as strong killer and heavy as The Gathering, (which is still one of my favorite thrash albums of all time if not my absolute fav)

Maybe they could rerecord say Sins Of Omission and maybe 2 other old ones again for bonus tracks/bsides while they are recording the new one?

To be honest, I just want to hear Sins Of Omission done in the FSSD style, that song is just awesome :headbang:

Well looks like most of u are saying Testament should focus on the new album. I agree, but I'm not implying the idea of Testament releasing a 2nd album of the re-recorded old classics before their new one. I think it's obvious that I'm talking about them doing that after the new album.

i totaly agree that sins of ommision, and Appocolyptic city most of all should have been remade, im not sure why they didnt chose city over say the haunted or another lesser known song....