I don't know about this new Priest album....

It's funny how some of you guys think Priest's new album is gonna be a cheeze fest, Priest has been the cheese for quite some time now, since Hell Bent. PK was probably the cheesiest thing ever lyrically, but the music kicked ass, and Halford's voice slayed. As far as I'm concerned, the lyrics play second fiddle, it's the vocals themselves and music that matter.

As for the worries that Priest may not be able to pull this off, look again to Painkiller, that album could have been a concept album, all those characters, and even a killer ending in the "One Shot At Glory," with a few tweaks that could be a concept album. I think as long as they place the music first, the album will turn out alright, probably killer.

But I do have a bad feeling, and there is one reason for this: Loch Ness. Priest's last effort ended in this disaster of music, and I think it may carry over to this album, perhaps not though. Halford has commmented that he LOVES Loch Ness, and there are many fans that enjoy it as well, to me it's an awkward piece trying it be epic, and I certainly hope that the next album will be an improvement over that... Then again, every other song on their last album rocked, not everything can be seen through one song... This will definately be an album to watch and listen for...

Well on this I have to disagree completely, Priest is absolutely not the one band I'm most confident in when it comes to concept albums. That requires a special kind of ambition which Priest hasn't really shown in the last 30 years IMO.

To each their own. You can't please everyone. l believe JP are at a point where they feel it necessary for them to expand somewhat. l have no doubts that Rob can do justice lyrically to an epic release. And, l'm sure there will be some straight ahead, simplistic head banging material on it as well. That is what is great about a concept album. You can indulge in different styles to emphasize varying storylines or viewpoints. Should be interesting.