I don't like rap metal........ except

Rap and Metal just do not mix, although I do own the first 2 RATM cd,(which is not metal) I haven't listened to for years. Body count can do it with a hell of alot more style!! They have some funny ass shit!! Im pissed that I missed them at MetalFest, and then they freakin cancelled the show here, bummer.

Fangface said:
I have no problem with hearing Metal sung in my own language, usually people don't like that though, as it often sounds childish to them, compared to the "sacred" English.
Even when lyrics have the same meaning, go figure...

I think French is an exception though Fang. French is a flowing language. Manigance sounds good and Vanden Plas sounds good when they sing in French as well, but Duetch and German sounds a little strange to me in music. Rammstein does ok with it but they use an industrial or miilitary style sound that is not really for me.

bryant

carnut said:
I allways wonder how stupid some texts sound when you are English speaking, and directly are confronted with the text. On the other hand, all popular music is spoken English so you are used to it.....

Ha ha ha some bands write incredible lyrics and some write really bad lyrics. I'm more into way a singer expresses the lyrics rather than the meaning though, unless they are very good or very bad.

Bryant