The I love, hate or non-priority thread.

Love/like: Solitude Aeturnus
Hate/dislike: Reverend Bizarre
Non-priority: The Obsessed

Current Obessession - true old school...the bands that were "tight but loose". Sady, few - if any - new metal bands fit that description, to my ears.

Hate - stale, cardboard, soulless, 'color by numbers' music

Indifferent - Firewind or anything with Gus G (is that his correct name?)

Imp! said:
Funny you don't care for Priest, but love Accept... They are so similar.:err:

Love: Judas Priest
Hate: Can't think of any really...
Yeah, I'll listen....: Riot, I really like listening to the album, "Fire Down Under", but man, there are some times where I get so impatient waiting for something HEAVY or powerful in some way... At times they lack, at other times I can get along without skipping any songs and enjoy it thoroughly... They seem to be more rock than anything...to me at least...

I really enjoy some Priest stuff. Some I don't care for. I honestly see little comparison in Priest and Accept though, less absolutely awesome dual guitars. I was far from dogging Priest. I could make an awesome "greatest hits" from them, but they don't have a release that holds my attention cover to cover.

Bryant

Love : soulfull music, passionate and/or soaring vocals, bands showcasing varied influences, 70's rock/metal
Hate : Meshuggah, most flower metal, everything nu-, 99% of -core vocalists
Indifferent : Guns 'n Roses

Love : Metallica (Kill'm All)
Hate : Metallica (Saint Anger)
Indifferent : Everything in between these 2 albums...

Necuratul said:

I love epic doom, but I tried once to get into RB and they're so sludgy it bored me out of my skull.

The most I could got into the realm of funeral/sludge doom was Teeth of Lion Rules The Divine and only because Lee Dorian was in it, and still is not something I will have on a huge rotation on my CDs.

Wheezer said:
Interesting.

Yep, never got really into other Metallica albums than Kill 'm All...It's not bad stuff, but when Master of Puppets appeared I already lost all interest in Metallica...I know it's strange as I sometimes put Kill'm All in my top 5 albums ever. :err:

carnut said:
Yep, never got really into other Metallica albums than Kill 'm All...It's not bad stuff, but when Master of Puppets appeared I already lost all interest in Metallica...I know it's strange as I sometimes put Kill'm All in my top 5 albums ever. :err:

I knew at least another metalhead whose favorite Metallica is the debut. I like first four Metallica albums and yes I find the debut extremely interesting and as a matter of fact more than MOP, still my favorite is "Ride The Lightning".

carnut said:

Wyvern said:
I knew at least another metalhead whose favorite Metallica is the debut. I like first four Metallica albums and yes I find the debut extremely interesting and as a matter of fact more than MOP, still my favorite is "Ride The Lightning".

Interesting. It is different. I started with RTL and got KEA after that so my point of reference is different. MOP and RTL are about dead even with me and KEA just after them. Justice gets placed just behind the Black album for me. I just never cared for the horrible production on AJFA. It also sounded like they were trying to find themselves again and were having difficulty. Understandable.

Wyvern said:
I love epic doom, but I tried once to get into RB and they're so sludgy it bored me out of my skull.

The most I could got into the realm of funeral/sludge doom was Teeth of Lion Rules The Divine and only because Lee Dorian was in it, and still is not something I will have on a huge rotation on my CDs.

Their newest album Crush The Insects is less dragging. Listen to "Doom Over The World" and tell me that song doesn't kick ass.

I love = REVEREND BIZARRE :kickass:
I hate = Norma Jean
Don't care = Tool

Wheezer said:
Interesting. It is different. I started with RTL and got KEA after that so my point of reference is different. MOP and RTL are about dead even with me and KEA just after them. Justice gets placed just behind the Black album for me. I just never cared for the horrible production on AJFA. It also sounded like they were trying to find themselves again and were having difficulty. Understandable.

I am different than both of you, but closer to The Wheez.

I found MOP and AJFA to be absolute masterpieces with RTL not far behind. I felt KEA was a little too raw for a progressive thrash band and The "black" album a little too simplistic, and soft though both were still good. They went into a downward spiral afterward.

Bryant

kittybeast said:
I love- ICE CREAM
I hate- Okra
indifferant to - brussel sprouts
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I like 'em all, so long as the okra is pickled. :) Fried okra ain't too bad either. We had some last year in Atlanta when we went to Abdullah's.

I love - a good T-bone steak
I hate - grits
indifferent to - Ramen noodles

Wheezer said:

I hate - grits

That is an aquired taste my friend and besides that, no self respected Southerner would be caught dead eating them by themselves. You have to use lots of butter, salt and pepper and crush up bacon and/or patty sausage in them. Once you doctor them up, they are awesome. I'll show you how to fix 'em up one day. :heh:

Bryant