(New) Love/Hate Thread

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Sometimes my "crippling self doubt" comes out a little harsher than usual. Didn't mean to turn this into a "Keenan's sob story" thread. :lol:

Zero, I'm sure dating sites were a lot better back then. These days, they're filled with constant microtransactions/subscription fees and are largely populated with bots and Onlyfans models that just use it as free advertisement. I've been on three for about.... three or so months now. I've sent out a lot of messages to a lot of people but I've yet to actually get anything back. At this point, I'm not sure if it's me or if the system is just rigged.

Anyway, moving on from this! My dad's health issues have been largely resolved. His heart surgery was successful and after a weeklong hospital stay to recover, he's back home and has been getting better every day. He walks like four or five miles every day now! Hasn't started actual physical therapy yet, though. I'm sure that will suck. Will also be out of work for a few more months yet. Speaking of work, it's quieted down a lot in the past two or so weeks, which is good. It was insane for a while there and was making me lose my mind on a daily basis. It kinda feels like I've weathered the tough times and that things are starting to look up again. These last few months were rough.

This site definitely does look weird now. I even had to find this forum again and re-favorite it. Seems the site itself got tweaked and that's what caused it.

Love : The Witcher 3! I finished the main story and Hearts of Stone and am gonna start the Blood and Wine expansion tonight. I love this game so much!
Also love : Final Fantasy XVI, Diablo 4 and Street Fighter 6 all come out in June! I haven't bought a new release game since Elden Ring/Gran Turismo 7 both came out in February of last year. I'm dying for something new and all three of these look great!
Hate : Aside from the previously aforementioned dating app woes, I wish I had more time/drive to paint stuff.

Hang in there, Keenan! Hope your dad's health continues to improve.

This site is dead...nearly undead which in a way makes it more metal than ever! :tickled:

Ol's vocals are INSANELY GOOD!! HOLY SHIT!! The song definitely gives off a Black Album vibe and I can't wait to see what the rest of the album holds!

Love: Deathloop multiplayer, Woods of Ypres, November's Doom
Hate: my sister is moving out of state at the end of July.

Reactions: zerostatic
Ol's vocals are INSANELY GOOD!! HOLY SHIT!! The song definitely gives off a Black Album vibe and I can't wait to see what the rest of the album holds!

ladies-and-gentleman-we-got-him.gif

I had a feeling while listening to it that you'd dig it, compared to how uh you weren't feeling hell unleashed as much :lol:

love: decided to check out spiritbox and holy SHIT eternal blue is a fucking crazy good album. Absolutely in love with it. Also excited for the next couple weeks, got a bunch of vinyls coming in next month and then should have 2 coming in august i've been waiting for

hate: how expensive some records are lmao. At first I was a bit bummed they didn't have a big dick version for the new Evile but i'm actually kinda thankful because I ordered that, got the season 1 soundtrack to last of us, the new avenged record, freddie's inferno, the new djo album... :lol:

New Evile tune is interesting...props to Old Rake for working on the vocals. Interested to see what the rest of the album sounds like.
Love: All things considered life is good.
Hate: This will be my first summer since college working. I guess it is an even trade off for having a low-stress job at a university library! :headbang:

Love: Given the new Evile a spin and a half, that mf do be singing! I really enjoy it, excited to really dig into it in the coming weeks. Hope my vinyl gets here tomorrow

EDIT: My vinyl actually showed up on release date, holy shit. Been a while since i've ordered a recorded and it showed up when it was supposed to

Last edited:
I've only listened to the new album once so far. It was pretty great, though! Miles better than Hell Unleashed. I love Ol's voice has matured. I need to listen to it a few more times before passing any judgment on it, though.

Love : I've been riding high this past week. I saw blink-182 in concert on Monday for the first time (I cried nearly the entirety of the show. Been a fan since I was like 15), new Evile album released, new Flesh and Blood set released, had some great food yesterday, and my birthday was on Wednesday as well. More important than any of that, though...
ALSO LOVE: I MET SOMEONE ON OF THOSE DATING APPS. We've been talking for nearly a month and we actually had our first date on my birthday on Wednesday. It was fucking amazing and I've never been happier in my life. We're so much alike. It's insane.
Hate: There is no hate in my body right now. :lol: