I finally saw one

scorpio01169

Aug 6, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
in my 39 years living in Texas, My wife and I went up to north Texas to pick up her cousin who was married to a guy who kept her sheltered from society for 11 years, and she finally left him. anyway, we were up in the hills and mountains of north Texas and on our way back we saw a skinhead/kkk meeting going on....they had a fire going and everything, with their flags. even though I should have been scared, I wasn't. I actually wanted to stop and watch them for a while....but if they would have seen me, I'm sure i wouldn't be here telling you guys about it. but anyway, i kinda thought they would do that kinda shit behind a barn or something....but no they were right off the road in plain site.

so im guessin u didnt go in and see if they where sellin hotdogs and those tasty little donuts.

Last I checked Pennsylvania has the greatest Klan presence. I'm from PA and recently moved to Louisiana and I must say the racism in Pennsylvania is worse than it is here. Everyone just assumes the South is full of racists and bigots, the reality is that they're everywhere - in the North they just happen to have a little more money.

Edit: Looks like Indiana might have it now. I remember seeing a Klan rally at one point in Eastern Pennsylvania.

Was it like guys with a burning cross and white robes? I thought those existed only in the movies nowadays

From what I've seen and the people I've met in Texas, I left with a very favorable opinion of the state. And fuck, their Barbeque fucking rules.

Racism is retarded as fuck, but it's everywhere, unfortunately.

What drives them is their FEAR.
Fear breeds hatred.

They are afraid of black men taking their jobs and stealing their girlfriends lol.
Thats REALLY weak.

Very few places in Texas have this kind of thing - there are enough armed, scary Texans who aren't asshats to keep most of those types in line. Unfortunately, these armed, scary Texans don't have enough reason to go to north or east Texas often enough, so we should probably just raze it and turn it into a parking lot for the parts of Texas that don't suck.

Even the hicks have changed a lot over the years... my girlfriend's family is from a very small town that displays perfectly 99% of the stereotypes about small, country towns, and a few months back I had to go with her to some event where a couple dozen people were about to go on some sort of hunting trip. They had the slurred, incomprehensible speech, the 'uniform' (dirty workshirts, baseball and trucker caps sitting way too high on their heads, jeans, boots, big belt buckles, et cetera), the creepy and unsettling laughs, the works... and most of them didn't even look twice when they saw a long-haired guy with a math text and a Testament shirt walk in. I'll go to breweries and icehouses in the middle of nowhere and see college students, country yokels, tourists from everywhere between Canada and southern Mexico, and big-city preps completely at ease and not thinking twice about what the other people are wearing or talking about; I went to Ministry's final tour and the mix was almost equal parts stereotypical rivetheads, college students wearing everyday clothes, and country people in cowboy hats, button-up jeans (they can't scare the sheep away), and boots. Texas tends to regulate itself well enough when it comes to that kind of behavior, but just as anywhere else there are patches that we still have to fix up a bit.

Jeff

so im guessin u didnt go in and see if they where sellin hotdogs and those tasty little donuts.
yeah that would have been funny....me getting out of my my car asking "hey guys...you mind if i join you? i haven't had anything to eat all day. this is my wife and her cousin (two white chicks)"

Jbroll is right we just don't see that kinda stuff,

Or step out of your car and ask if you can take a quick picture for your travelling scrapbook, or better yet to post on a forum in it's Off-Topic Tavern.

"Hello kind sirs - would you mind if I get a quick snapshot" as you hand one of them the camera like a tourist at the Grand Canyon "The button on the right - no, your right, not mine - the black button - the other button - no, the one on top" ............ "Smile and say........"

I can see it now. :lol:

We once played a gig in East Germany in the early 90s , a few years after the wall was down. That was the time when the skinheads there burned refugee houses and shit.
That day was a anniversary birthday of some nazi leader and there should be demonstrations and skinhead parties everywhere in the east.
In fact police pulled us out on the highway and searched our car and stuff, they thought we would be part of the scene. After we were allowed to pass on and arrived at the gig we found that we had to play for a couple of "normal" people and a group of 20-30 skinheads. I must say I felt a bit uneasy :lol:
Thankfully they were in a good mood or didn`t drink enough to start trouble.
In our area we were used to have skinheads come to our metal parties and starting fights, and the skins in this area had the reputation of being the worst of all...it was weird.

Or step out of your car and ask if you can take a quick picture for your travelling scrapbook, or better yet to post on a forum in it's Off-Topic Tavern.

"Hello kind sirs - would you mind if I get a quick snapshot" as you hand one of them the camera like a tourist at the Grand Canyon "The button on the right - no, your right, not mine - the black button - the other button - no, the one on top" ............ "Smile and say........"

I can see it now. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

We once played a gig in East Germany in the early 90s , a few years after the wall was down. That was the time when the skinheads there burned refugee houses and shit.
That day was a anniversary birthday of some nazi leader and there should be demonstrations and skinhead parties everywhere in the east.
In fact police pulled us out on the highway and searched our car and stuff, they thought we would be part of the scene. After we were allowed to pass on and arrived at the gig we found that we had to play for a couple of "normal" people and a group of 20-30 skinheads. I must say I felt a bit uneasy :lol:
Thankfully they were in a good mood or didn`t drink enough to start trouble.
In our area we were used to have skinheads come to our metal parties and starting fights, and the skins in this area had the reputation of being the worst of all...it was weird.

There used to be a minor, but still relevant skinhead activity in my town. We have one metal/gothic bar here, the "biggest" in that genre here in my town. Anyway, skinheads used to go there and start fights with metal heads. People with long hair basically... I personally never had any problem as I only been into that bar like twice... but heard a lot of stupid stories like these involving skins... pieces of shit.

you know...I am a believer in free speech. and these people can say whatever they want. it's just sad that they don't give their children the right to make up their own minds. you guys ever watch that stupid show wife swap. i wonder how that would turn out if there was an show own a blk family swapping with a kkk family.

Holy shit. Sorry to hear this although it is one more reason to hate Texas.

+1

california.gif
003E.gif
texas.jpg