I found a new band to hate!!!

You know how hipsters are with all of their pitiful irony, throwback clothes, and clueless appropriation of disparate counter-culture symbolism and style?

Modern scene kids like these seem to be nothing more than a variation of that theme. Desperate kids latching on to the most obvious and easily copped traits of all these various fringe groups and characters, while disregarding what any of it may have originally stood for. What makes it extra annoying is the irony. They're obviously weak for mainstream culture and all of the associated pop music histrionics, yet they're still trying to look the part of the emo/hardcore/non-conformist fringe-dweller.
The obvious explanation is that this look has simply become just another uniform of just another counter-cultural movement, worthy of appropriation by this new generation of clueless quasi-hipsters. It's a fashion statement. It's another ironic way of looking like you're giving the middle finger to mainstream conformity when all you really want to do is be exactly like everybody else who does the same thing.

In all seriousness, I can't say that I'm truly bothered by this crap. If I said that, I'd have to say that so many other aspects of pop culture bothered me too. Sure, I don't want to be exposed to any of it - but I can easily write it off, disregard it and get on with my business. This crap is in the same category.

Well yeah, metal has always been about disregarding culture to a degree, which I suppose is why it has never really been a seriously popular genre, there just isnt enough people wanting to break away from the herd to engage with it. So when you get these funky fringed crabcore dudes who try to mold some counter-culture (which as you say is a part of culture in itself) with metal then it is always met with controversy and disregard from the metal "die-hards".

The problem I have with not wanting to accept culture is that everything we do is inherently steeped in it, you might think you disregard culture by hating fashion and by wearing just jeans and a t-shirt and being yourself, but jeans and a t-shirt are a product of our culture. To me jeans and tees are just as much a stereotype as skinny jeaned emo kids, one to me says boring nice guy and the other says product of bad vampire movies.

I'd say really, you're forced to engage in culture unless you want to be a hermit and die alone. I hated fashion because I always thought it was inherently pointless, but ultimately its inescapable, now I dress well because its an outward reflection of the way I feel represents me, I don't hate fashion anymore because by hating something that is always going to be there I was ultimately damaging the way I wanted to present myself.

wtf. i finally decided to listen to the song. i thought you guys were just being mean, cus you guys been mean lately. but, after completion of the song, which i thought would never end , i came to the conclusion that i was wrong. i hope the metal torch doesn't get passed down to this kind of uhh, crabcore. i need to smoke a bowl.

wow...a compelation of different bands and their breakdowns

they are pretty shitty, the only one that i thought was ok was as blood runs black, just because of the little mini solo they throw in

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to start a crabcore band, but where can I get those crabinets I would need ? My music store said "what?"
Or are there any crab impulses around ? ¯\(°_o)/¯

JON, HOW DARE YOU NOT PUT A PICTURE OF A CRAB ON THAT SHIRT

Inexcusable, absolutely inexcusable :D

Oh man, it should totally be a picture of a crab and then an apple core :lol:

nah should be a matte black cutout of the guy doing the crab thing on a plain, bright coloured background, total ipod advert style, with

"I <3 Crabcore" on the chest

make one like that with a pink background and ill buy one for definate

nah should be a matte black cutout of the guy doing the crab thing on a plain, bright coloured background, total ipod advert style, with

"I <3 Crabcore" on the chest

make one like that with a pink background and ill buy one for definate

+1 on this. :lol: