I found a new band to hate!!!

I bet most users here tried to do the cab walk thing after watching the video. I did try and it and props to the guy for doing this shit so low AND play bass (at least faking it). My hip almost locked to the floor when i tried this shit

Rofl my keyboardist showed it to my guitarist and he tried it at practice last night.

i just took it to the next levels bitches

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8F5YSA1Oz0

You know how hipsters are with all of their pitiful irony, throwback clothes, and clueless appropriation of disparate counter-culture symbolism and style?

Modern scene kids like these seem to be nothing more than a variation of that theme. Desperate kids latching on to the most obvious and easily copped traits of all these various fringe groups and characters, while disregarding what any of it may have originally stood for. What makes it extra annoying is the irony. They're obviously weak for mainstream culture and all of the associated pop music histrionics, yet they're still trying to look the part of the emo/hardcore/non-conformist fringe-dweller.
The obvious explanation is that this look has simply become just another uniform of just another counter-cultural movement, worthy of appropriation by this new generation of clueless quasi-hipsters. It's a fashion statement. It's another ironic way of looking like you're giving the middle finger to mainstream conformity when all you really want to do is be exactly like everybody else who does the same thing.

In all seriousness, I can't say that I'm truly bothered by this crap. If I said that, I'd have to say that so many other aspects of pop culture bothered me too. Sure, I don't want to be exposed to any of it - but I can easily write it off, disregard it and get on with my business. This crap is in the same category.

True that Will, I only realized when talking to my neighbor's kid I mentioned earlier in the thread that the title of the Attack Attack! song (Stick Stickly) is in fact a popsicle-stick character from early 90s Nickelodeon, and of course having nothing to do with anything :rolleyes:

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA, fuck yeah, I loved the end of that ad, when he voice was like "Crossfire...crossfire...CROSSFIRE!!!" (the last one being an octave up :lol: )

YES, found it:

Man, this brings back memories and makes me so pissed at how all these ads made everything look so cool and yet it was so fucking lame (I think the worst example was that headset water gun that fired whenever you hollered into its microphone, so fucking pointless, BUT GOD I WANTED IT :lol: )

Last edited by a moderator:
True that Will, I only realized when talking to my neighbor's kid I mentioned earlier in the thread that the title of the Attack Attack! song (Stick Stickly) is in fact a popsicle-stick character from early 90s Nickelodeon, and of course having nothing to do with anything :rolleyes:

Anyone remember "DIP STICK"?

Where they would take Stick Stickly and dunk him into random shit.

Good times.

Btw.. i'm a ass if i just discover that joey sturgis actualy programs all his drums on everything?
Dudes from Salt The Wound just told me a similar story anyway..

Must have missed it..

used to program all of them...now it's OH/room mics with the kit triggering steven slate samples