I got called to audition for a touring band...

Executioner213

Ultimate Meatbag
Sep 2, 2001
Spokane, WA
www.facebook.com
...whom I won't say, at least not yet.

Saturday, I got the phone call from the band leader. We've played with these guys a handful of times, so he and I have a good rapport. He was asking me about how ticket sales and promo was going for a show we have coming up with them...then he says "so, I wanted to see if you'd be interested in auditioning for us." We talked about this for a while. It's still a position I have to try out for, but he said there were 4-5 other guys on their list and that I was near the top for him...just need to see if it's something they are all cool with.

I had to call my wife, who was out of town at the time, to see what she thought of it and she said I'd be stupid not to do it...having that level of support is really awesome.

I'll jam with them before the show on Thursday, see how they feel about it. If they like that, I might play with them that night and the night afterwards. If they like where it goes from there, maybe I'll finish the tour with them....maybe I'll have to wait until they finish the tour after July 4 and have some time to think about who they want: who knows?

I'll throw a bone here: they frequently tour with Slayer, are sponsored by Jagermeister, and just got done touring with Korn (keep it to yourself though if you figure it out, until I say who. :D). I'm pretty excited that they actually called me and asked me to audition for them, though. It's not like an all-open thing with everyone in the country applying for it. Pretty cool. I'm busting my ass to learn as much of their stuff as I can before Thursday.

Someone please PM me a hint. It seems like I'm too stupid to figure out on my own right now... :loco:

Anyway man, congrats in the first place. Will let you know if it's really cool or just plain cool once I know which band you're talking about. :D

After a quick google search im 90% sure about what band it is!
I hope you get the spot man, good luck! :)

Another hint....it's not Five Finger Death Punch. Only throwing that out there since a couple people have mentioned them specifically in their assumptions. They are mildly like them, though. They do tour ALL THE TIME, most often on Jagermeister Music Tours.

THATS GOOD CAUSE FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH IS GAYER THAN A BAG OF DICKS >:{

Congrats man. You guys know you could just look at his bands page in his sig and see who he's playing with on Thursday. hehe :D

HAHAHAH, as far as I am concerned that was the prank of the year!

The Slayer forum and Blabbermouth were a blaze about that thing! Sorry man you mentioned Slayer and I had to!

But congrats man, if its who I think it is that's pretty fucking sweet, and Ill be seeing your ass live!

Oh and FYI I know those guys :)

<<<<<<<<<< seee where I'm from :D