Cooking with Anthrax
Nov 18, 2002
I'd do Shania.
WZZN (The Zone) has a 2.0 share in Chicago, good for 20th place in the
ratings. The Zone is getting beat by 19 other Chicago stations including AM
670 The Score, WGN-AM, WLS-AM, WBBM-AM - all of them AM News stations and
all of them are crushing The Zone. Q101 is also beating them. So, maybe if
they weren't playing the new Anthrax, they would have better ratings?! For
the record, KFMW-FM is ranked #1 here in eastern Iowa.

Here's some other charts to look at: www.radioandrecords.com. On this
website, on your left you can see the national airplay, just click on the
appropriate format under "Formats". Choose "Active Rock" (our format) and
see the top 50 most played songs. I don't believe Anthrax will be one of
them. You can also (from the main page) look under "Formats" again, you'll
see "Station Playlists". Click on that, choose your format (Active Rock) and
from here, you can see the weekly playlists of approximately 70 rock
stations in the United States. I think you'll struggle to find Anthrax here
too.

The record was worked to radio this summer and the label isn't working it to
radio now. It's already come and gone and it didn't do squat. Out of the
hundreds of requests by phone or email, I might get 1 a month for new
Anthrax. Hardly enough demand to get me to add a record by a band who's time
has long gone. I was playing Anthrax on the air 15 years ago....

:)

Michael Cross
Program Director
KFMW-FM
Waterloo/Cedar Rapids

cross@rock108.com

Badatta2ud said:
WOW! #1 in Eastern Iowa, that's quite the accomplishment. I bet his ma is real proud.

Idiots

Out

Walking

Around

I gotta give that description of Iowa to my Dad. Mr. Des Moines himself. :lol:

This asshole will get my 2cents via phone today. As well as a box full of fresh shit delivered to his door. Does it really matter if they play Anthrax at this shit station anyway. WHo gives a fuck about this piece of shit station. By his own admission no one listens anyway.

Reactions: Metal Maiden
I just did a little research on Arbitron and guess what? Chicago has a larger population the Waterloo/Cedar Rapids Iowa.

According to there website Waterloo/Cedar Rapids has 129,000 people over the age of 12, and Chicago has 7,612,100 people over the age of 12, not to mention I'm far from Chicago(almost in Wisconsin)and The Zone comes in perfectly clear here. So if a 2% share means two percent of the listening audience that would equal 152,242 people are listening to Anthrax in Chicago and yes that is more than the entire population of Waterloo/Cedar Rapids Iowa.

Once again I'm proving I have wayyyy to much freetime at work.

Sorry for the double post but that asshole has really pissed me off. Who the fuck does he think he is. 15 years at the same station, can we all say look whos gone nowhere. I looked at the link he provided and actually found quite a few stations that do play Anthrax. Sorry for the rant but this guy has put me in a pissy mood now. I wish I could see the look on his face when he opens up his box I am sending him and he discovers it a pile of shit.

Badatta2ud said:
I just did a little research on Arbitron and guess what? Chicago has a larger population the Waterloo/Cedar Rapids Iowa.

According to there website Waterloo/Cedar Rapids has 129,000 people over the age of 12, and Chicago has 7,612,100 people over the age of 12, not to mention I'm far from Chicago(almost in Wisconsin)and The Zone comes in perfectly clear here. So if a 2% share means two percent of the listening audience that would equal 152,242 people are listening to Anthrax in Chicago and yes that is more than the entire population of Waterloo/Cedar Rapids Iowa.

Once again I'm proving I have wayyyy to much freetime at work.
If you have that much time stop by my desk with some beer. Oh wait dammit, I'm in LA. I guess we better stick to voting.

It's about time we got his e-mail address.....
I just requested Safe Home to Douche Cross about 20 times.

This is what I sent the dense fuck:
Please play some Anthrax – What Doesn’t Die and check KNAC.com out and see the airplay they get there.

So I sent this nice gentleman an e-mail, I thought maybe you all might enjoy.. if not, oh well... I just hope he does:

<<The top rock station in Iowa... not too bad.

Isn't that like being a part of the best ski team in Cuba?

Or being in the Navy and being stationed in Nebraska?

Anyway, I digress. Being the top rock station in Iowa puts you in about what the top 15,000 radio stations in the U.S.? The produce section at the Shop-Rite down the street for me is a bigger market than Iowa. Hell, Michael Jackson has more boys at his ranch that fit advertisor's ideal demographic than Des Moines.

No seriously all kidding aside. You've been in Iowa for 15 years? That's really cool. Can I ask you a few questions about Iowa?
1. What's the weather like there... traditional seasonal climates? Are there lots of tornadoes? Wind scares me ya know!
2. Is it true that Iowa chicks are hot? I was watching an Iowa college football game and they showed a shot of the student section, and man were those girls smoking! They all kind of looked alike which was weird... come to think of it, the guys looked a lot alike too... What's up with that?
3. How did you wind up in Iowa for all these years? Did you get caught shoplifting in Kansas and they sentenced you to 15 years in Iowa? My dad's a lawyer he could've helped you out. He doesn't work for corn though so you would have had to make other arrangements.
4. If I were to come visit you in Iowa, would you give me directions to Rickel's so I could buy a HAM radio so I could listen to your show while you were at work. That would be cool.

Well I gotta go now, but before I do, do you think you could play some Anthrax for me? Thank you, Go HAWKEYES!!!>>

Reactions: Metal Maiden