That are mostly
Crap
Rarely hearing music
You wanna hear
It has an effect
Over all these years
Why don't you think for yourself???
Live in this self made Hell....

I realize this guy is sort of a jerk but I got some of his points re-iterated from the Program Director at KNAC.com about Radio. The whole Revenue and ratings deal. Thank God I have KNAC.com or I would have to listen to LA radio and the crap that gets forced down are throats. Anywya like the Ramones said "We want the airwaves" and the Smiths said "Hang the DJ".

That won't be nearly the bad response you will get when it is time to hit up KUPD 97.9 in Arizona. They will make you feel like a lesser man or woman after requesting Anthrax. They do have a website when you are ready to talk to them.

I sent a not nice message in to 97rock.com and got a response.

"First and foremost, thanks for listening for so long. It's the people like you that we try to cater to. Second, radio is an entertainment medium. People want to be entertained. We found out that at any one given time there are about 30,000 people listening to Bob and Tom. Around here if there are that many people listening to a radio station at once, we gotta get those people to listen to our advertisers and make them money. If I had my way, we would do nothing but music. No commercials, no talk, just a huge jukebox. But it's not cheap to run a radio station. We just got our 100,000 transmitter and it wasn't cheap at all, about half a million bucks so we needed to do something to 97 Rock to let us stick around. Big wigs within the company said we need to change a station and make more money. That's why we dumped The Hawk for this new format. By doing that, Bob and Tom needed a home so that's why we put them on the Rock. It's all a business. It sucks that you're not one of those 30,000 people, but with having B&T in the mornings, we get to play better rock during the day. As for Loveline, we have lots of people that love the show. They love the mix between music and talk 24 hrs a day. And with the request, especially during lunch, I try to get to as many as possible. A typical radio station can get 12 songs played in an hour. Sorry if I haven't gotten to yours but there are a lot of people's tunes I don't get to due to the overwhelming amount of requests. Hopefully I've answered some of your questions. Feel free to e-mail me when you want. Enjoy."

I've actually talked to him face to face, and he liked What Doesn't Die, but didn't like Safe Home. I sent him a reply back, maybe he'll respond again.

tattooedsean666 said:
That won't be nearly the bad response you will get when it is time to hit up KUPD 97.9 in Arizona. They will make you feel like a lesser man or woman after requesting Anthrax. They do have a website when you are ready to talk to them.
Pete Cummings used to reply saying that he'd either play it or try to, but I never heard it. Amy Taylor asked me back in May if I was going to the show. No one else has ever responded from there, and Pete has since stopped answering. Their website is a waste of time IMO.

What you said is the reason we don't play much metal. We are the only rock station around. I believe people are OK with hearing AC\DC, LinkinPark, Metallica and so on because they recognize it. Not many people recognize Mushroomhead**poor Slipknot rip off**. If there hear something they don't know, they'll change the channel to some other station that is playing a song they do know. Radio is a very competitive industry, especially in the Tri Cities. If this was Seattle, we could do a lot more of the heavy stuff cause there are millions of people around. In the future, we're going to try to put something together like a Rubber Room show where we can showcase bands like Slipknot, Pantera, Manson and so on. With only 4 people on this one station, it's kinda tough to do now, but who knows what the future holds.

Later

-----Original Message-----
Sent:
Wednesday, December 10, 20032:50 PM
To:
Subject: Re: Rock Stuff

I understand the business part, as the request part has gone, the band I've asked is probably the reason why. Anthrax, usually I'd ask for any Thrax song. Another part has been the programming, Linkin Park does get old. How bout Mushroomhead? Megadeth? White Zombie (besides More Human Than Human)? With no other rock stations around, some metal would be nice too once in awhile, not all the time. Beyond Metallica.

----- Original Message -----

To:
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 2:53 PM

Subject: Rock Stuff

Russ,

First and foremost, thanks for listening for so long. It's the people like you that we try to cater to. Second, radio is an entertainment medium. People want to be entertained. We found out that at any one given time there are about 30,000 people listening to Bob and Tom. Around here if there are that many people listening to a radio station at once, we gotta get those people to listen to our advertisers and make them money. If I had my way, we would do nothing but music. No commercials, no talk, just a huge jukebox. But it's not cheap to run a radio station. We just got our 100,000 transmitter and it wasn't cheap at all, about half a million bucks so we needed to do something to 97 Rock to let us stick around. Big wigs within the company said we need to change a station and make more money. That's why we dumped The Hawk for this new format. By doing that, Bob and Tom needed a home so that's why we put them on the Rock. It's all a business. It sucks that you're not one of those 30,000 people, but with having B&T in the mornings, we get to play better rock during the day. As for Loveline, we have lots of people that love the show. They love the mix between music and talk 24 hrs a day. And with the request, especially during lunch, I try to get to as many as possible. A typical radio station can get 12 songs played in an hour. Sorry if I haven't gotten to yours but there are a lot of people's tunes I don't get to due to the overwhelming amount of requests. Hopefully I've answered some of your questions. Feel free to e-mail me when you want. Enjoy.

I know not many of you are Mushroomhead fans, but to call them a rip off of Slipknot is a misstatement. Most people look at the mask and think that they are, but, they're not. Is Slipknot a ripoff of Gwar then?

Whatever.

To sum it all up:
Anthrax doesn't get airplay because Anthrax doesn't get airplay.
Yep. I typed that correctly.

I just made 5 "We've Come For You All" sample CD-Rs. I put 4 of my favorite new Anthrax tunes on 5 CD-Rs that I will be giving to people who are into good music.
If they like it, then they can download the whole thing.... or buy the album.
Whatever.

ThraxDude said:
To sum it all up:
Anthrax doesn't get airplay because Anthrax doesn't get airplay.
Yep. I typed that correctly.

Yup, I love how people justify not playing them. Station A says, "Station B isn't playing them, so we won't play them." Station B says, "Station C isn't playing them, so we won't play them." Station C says, "Station A isn't playing them, so we won't play them."

So since nobody is playing them (other than the Zone in Chicago, but they are ONLY the 20th rated station, including AM, in Chicago, which is only the third largest city in America so it's not like they are pulling in 100,000+ listeners or anything) no other stations are willing to go out on a limb and play them. My station here plays them, but despite the fact that they are willing to play stuff that doesn't get the airplay or corporate push, they just aren't in a big enough market to affect anything. Maybe if we were as big as Chicago- nevermind.

We need to target a popular staion in NYC or L.A. If a top station in one of those cities start playing Anthrax, other stations like a certain Number 1 Station In Eastern Iowa will have NO excuse for not playing them. Any suggestions for which one we should go after?

Scott

SCott308 said:
We need to target a popular staion in NYC or L.A. If a top station in one of those cities start playing Anthrax, other stations like a certain Number 1 Station In Eastern Iowa will have NO excuse for not playing them. Any suggestions for which one we should go after?
Scott

I'm in LA but I think NY maybe a better target. We got 2 shots in LA. 95.5 KLOS FM a classic rock station that plays some Mettalica and Motley Crue. or 106.7 KROQ FM An alternative station that does play Mettalica and Disturbed. I have not received any response from either in regard to my Anthrax requests. And I rarley listen to them because they pretty much suck. I hear more metal on 1540 KMPC(the Ticket) AM but its a sports station that plays bits of songs between segments. I tried to get KLOS to play TTMB because of the Roger Daltrey thing too. It would be easier if i was requesting Rush or No Doubt. Now that's LA for you. :Spin:

Riehlthing said:
What you said is the reason we don't play much metal. We are the only rock station around. I believe people are OK with hearing AC\DC, LinkinPark, Metallica and so on because they recognize it. Not many people recognize Mushroomhead**poor Slipknot rip off**. If there hear something they don't know, they'll change the channel to some other station that is playing a song they do know. Radio is a very competitive industry, especially in the Tri Cities. If this was Seattle, we could do a lot more of the heavy stuff cause there are millions of people around. In the future, we're going to try to put something together like a Rubber Room show where we can showcase bands like Slipknot, Pantera, Manson and so on. With only 4 people on this one station, it's kinda tough to do now, but who knows what the future holds.

Later

-----Original Message-----
Sent:
Wednesday, December 10, 20032:50 PM
To:
Subject: Re: Rock Stuff

I understand the business part, as the request part has gone, the band I've asked is probably the reason why. Anthrax, usually I'd ask for any Thrax song. Another part has been the programming, Linkin Park does get old. How bout Mushroomhead? Megadeth? White Zombie (besides More Human Than Human)? With no other rock stations around, some metal would be nice too once in awhile, not all the time. Beyond Metallica.

----- Original Message -----

To:
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 2:53 PM

Subject: Rock Stuff

Russ,

First and foremost, thanks for listening for so long. It's the people like you that we try to cater to. Second, radio is an entertainment medium. People want to be entertained. We found out that at any one given time there are about 30,000 people listening to Bob and Tom. Around here if there are that many people listening to a radio station at once, we gotta get those people to listen to our advertisers and make them money. If I had my way, we would do nothing but music. No commercials, no talk, just a huge jukebox. But it's not cheap to run a radio station. We just got our 100,000 transmitter and it wasn't cheap at all, about half a million bucks so we needed to do something to 97 Rock to let us stick around. Big wigs within the company said we need to change a station and make more money. That's why we dumped The Hawk for this new format. By doing that, Bob and Tom needed a home so that's why we put them on the Rock. It's all a business. It sucks that you're not one of those 30,000 people, but with having B&T in the mornings, we get to play better rock during the day. As for Loveline, we have lots of people that love the show. They love the mix between music and talk 24 hrs a day. And with the request, especially during lunch, I try to get to as many as possible. A typical radio station can get 12 songs played in an hour. Sorry if I haven't gotten to yours but there are a lot of people's tunes I don't get to due to the overwhelming amount of requests. Hopefully I've answered some of your questions. Feel free to e-mail me when you want. Enjoy.

I know not many of you are Mushroomhead fans, but to call them a rip off of Slipknot is a misstatement. Most people look at the mask and think that they are, but, they're not. Is Slipknot a ripoff of Gwar then?
I think Mushroomhead's been around a hell of a lot longer than Slipknot!!!!!

jdelpi said:
I kind of like how he is wasting so much of his time at work trying to justify his actions.
It is hilarious that he keeps trying to justify what he's doing. If i felt like him, I'd be like " sorry dudes, don't wanna play it. No reason to play it. Tough shit." I realize that's dicky, but I wouldn't kep justifying it. :)

Yep, they have, just not on a big label, only independent labels for Mushroomhead for quite awhile. I emailed back, saying, people call Mushroomhead a ripoff of Slipknot cause of the masks, well, Gwar had masks, does that mean they're ripped off by Slipknot and Mushroomhead and Gwar ripped off Kiss? Even though the bands don't even sound similar. Slipknot and Mushroomhead have a big difference between the two.

ThraxDude said:

Done. Here is what I emailed:

I would appreciate it if you could play "Safe Home" by Anthrax. They are an NYC band who has made a big comeback with a strong new album. If you could start playing their song (which has been played a number of times on MTV2's Headbangers Ball) it would be a big help for them. And it is a great song, to boot.

--------

Hopefully I will get a better response than from Mr. Bigshot in Iowa.

Scott

SCott308 said:
Done. Here is what I emailed:

I would appreciate it if you could play "Safe Home" by Anthrax. They are an NYC band who has made a big comeback with a strong new album. If you could start playing their song (which has been played a number of times on MTV2's Headbangers Ball) it would be a big help for them. And it is a great song, to boot.

--------

Hopefully I will get a better response than from Mr. Bigshot in Iowa.

Scott
THANK YOU.

GASOLINEDREAM said:
It is hilarious that he keeps trying to justify what he's doing. If i felt like him, I'd be like " sorry dudes, don't wanna play it. No reason to play it. Tough shit." I realize that's dicky, but I wouldn't kep justifying it. :)
I wonder if it would make his boss happy that he has hours and hours to write emails to people about why he's not doing his job???