I Hate to say it but I think I'm growing weary of bodom...

zycon

New Metal Member
Nov 22, 2006
Bodom is my favorite band (along with Andrew W.K.) and ever since the summer of 03 or 04 (cant remember) i have been listening to them through each summer as a tradition sort of thing which is why i think there sound has stuck with me for so long without me growing tired of it quick. But after this past summer even with the addition of there new album, I realized that I was tired of them and didnt listen to them as much and i just couldnt enjoy it like i used to... Is this normal? am i listening to them in the wrong amount of intervals or something? I dont want to let go of them as my favorite band because of the many good memories of each summer they bring back. Does anyone know if this just happens or am I overdoing it with the whole summer thing. Give me some input please.

try and listen to lots of different music. Bodom is by far one of my favorite bands too, but I don't listen to them as much as I used too, because I got tired of listening to the same songs nonstop. Now I only listen to them as much as anything else, and I enjoy it possibly more than before.

Ofcourse, some things just get boring if you do them over and over.

For example:
Master of Puppets is a great song, i used to listen it A LOT when i just started to listen metal. But i heard it TO much, now i hate that song.

But anyway, i listened a lot to bodom. But lately i've been listening to different bands, and less bodom. But i still enjoy their songs.

Bodom are by far my favourite band no contest for any other band and I've been listening to them more or less since a bit before HCD came out. But I don't listen to them as if there was nothing else in the world. I just listen to another bunch of music (not necessarily metal always) and listen to them when I'm in the mood, which BTW happens a lot. But actually I think I listen more to them when I'm playing guitar, and I then jam with their tracks and try to figure out what they're playing if I've not learnt the song etc...

Every time I watch that vid it just makes me so damn jealous :rofl: They just seem to have so much fun together, while still being a kick ass band.

Same here. Besides, they're making a living out of music and of touring and recording albums and playing, so they have loads of fun and are a kickass band and also can still get back home and pay the bills instead of getting there and starinting to work in another random job to pay them.

The simplest option if you have a song library on your computer is *Press Shuffle* :)
It works for me and dont listen too much to a single band.

Thats cuz this band has gone from classic..to a joke...Are you Dead Yet? and Bloodrunk are 2 of the worst pieces of crap I've ever heard : )...no joke

I used to love this band and would consider them a top band of the genre..but between those 2 albums I have lost all interest.

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I never gave up COB and would be surprised if I gave it up after decades.

Are you Dead Yet? and Bloodrunk are 2 of the worst pieces of crap I've ever heard : )...no joke

I used to love this band and would consider them a top band of the genre..but between those 2 albums I have lost all interest.

Have you heard for example songs 1, 2, 6, 8 off Blooddrunk? Or are you just mad... I mean I've definitely heard worse shit. There's lot of stuff I don't like about AYDY but I don't think they're less cool by not sucking Yngwie cock anymore, which is what I think you're saying by stating AYDY and Blooddrunk are the worst shit you've ever heard, as it's solely an inappropriate statement.

thanks for the advice, i think i shouldnt binge on them every summer like i do, ill spread it out over the year and listen to them whenever the mood strikes me instead. As for the person who didnt like blooddrunk, yes ill admit those 2 albums havent matched there previous ones but come on, hellhounds on my trail was enough to keep my respect for them. The thing i dont like is that they are becoming more "tough guy" balanced instead of having more of a kind of "classical metal" kind of sense in there songs. Back in the day of hatebreeder, they included many classical aspects to the music making it sound better IMO.

Same here. Besides, they're making a living out of music and of touring and recording albums and playing, so they have loads of fun and are a kickass band and also can still get back home and pay the bills instead of getting there and starinting to work in another random job to pay them.
Yea, it's just awesome. My dream :rofl:

but I don't think they're less cool by not sucking Yngwie cock anymore

IMO they never really sounded like Yngwie. Only a few runs on Something Wild did sound somewhat like him.

I still love them, but the LoG'ish influence on Blooddrunk is not to my likings.

That being said, there's still great moments on Blooddrunk.

I still think bodom is really good.Just that the gain got turned up alot and also the loss of alot of the technical bits.Yet there are some nice songs like living dead beat,those have some nice riffs.

It's that feeling when you listen to too much of the band. Take a break off them, for a while, then come back and listen to them. It's a nice feeling after that :D

though i haven't been bodom "fan" for long time anymore. At HCDR time i was fan but then i found band called unearth. I started listening them more and more and mayby become addicted or howtosay about their music. I Still listen bodom but not that much when i was teen when bodom was my favourate band. now unearth has taken that place :D

I just used to love these guys and it seems there taking the same route as In Flames..and Imo AYDY and BD are all worse then Come Clarity and Sense of Purpose. Just my opinion.

I couldn't praise Something wild through HCDR more..I love all those albums

My trick is to not listen all the time to Bodom. I listened to Sepultura and Iron Maiden some time ago. I'm not stopped listening to that but less now than before. Now I mostly listen to Meshuggah, they've quite challenging music. If I'd only listen to Bodom all day I would get pretty sick of them, and earlier this year I almost did that..