I hate to seem like I'm trolling but...

Dimmu is amazing, and if im not mistaken, that was the band that got Eric interested in black metal in the first place (I remember an interview where he said he played it for Chick trying to show him what was so great about it and Chuck just couldnt get into the vocals :) )

Im not sure how you can consider it "fake", as Dragonlord doesnt sound too similair to DB at all to me, vocally Eric is far harsher, and theres more of a thrash influence with DL (unsurprisingly :) )

Dodens Grav said:
I think what he means is that Dragonlord basically sounds like Testament with Eric on vocals instead of Chuck (which it is, plus a keyboard player), and then injected with needles full of Dimmu Borgir. I think what he means by fake is maybe, unoriginal? I dunno, that's just my interpretation.

well, you don't always hear "thrash incorporated with black metal." DL is more raw and aggressive than dimmu, 'IMO.' i don't think "fake" is the right word. granted dimmu is an "inspiration," but "fake" is a rather insulting description.

eric creates from the heart and soul... how can that be "fake?"

i suppose everyone is entitled to their opinion.

That's how I would describe Dragonlord Ms Anthrope. "Thrashy-Black/Death Metal" and it fuggin rules. I really like Dimmu and they are who they are. Dragonlord is their own band as well and sounds like DRAGONLORD. They are not trying to sound like Dimmu so for you to call them "fake" is not fair criticism. They would be fake if they were directly trying to copy Dimmu and they are NOT. Sounds like you're just trying to get a rise out of the Dragonlord fans here. :devil:

I dont think he needs to stay in thrash, its not like black metal and thrash are all that far apart anyway, its hardly a massive leap from one to the other, especially for someone who has been playing as long as Eric has :)

As I stated in another thread here, I think Lyle's keyboards sound very similar to those on Dimmu Borgir's album Spiritual Black Dimensions. Otherwise, I think Dragonlord sound a lot different than Dimmu Borgir.