I have a new guitar god

Wenda

Lady LORD
Jul 28, 2003
In a windowless void
www.myspace.com
...and I don't even know his name, but holy shit!

Went over to Chardons Corner last night for a cosy little local show...which included the first gig as a band for Mobstar, which has our Gammaray Glen on bass :) Super cheesy 80's metal, including a cover of Twisted Sister's 'I Wanna Rock', which was great :D And christ, wherever their lead guitarist came from, he shreds like crazy! Bloody hell! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Sedition also went off, I gotta get hold of their disc :) Played 2 Minutes to Midnight and something by Slayer (I'm not conversant on Slayer song names) as well :headbang:

Another Dream Theater fan that doesnt know Slayer. Im fucking sick of this.

They played seasons in the abyss. Nice stuff :)

But the prize goes to the cover of I wanna rock :headbang:

If scarlet played last night you would have seen another awesome shreddddder! Like a cross between Vinnie Vincent and Ywngie or something. Needless to say he rocks

Icarus said:
They played seasons in the abyss. Nice stuff :)

But the prize goes to the cover of I wanna rock :headbang:

If scarlet played last night you would have seen another awesome shreddddder! Like a cross between Vinnie Vincent and Ywngie or something. Needless to say he rocks

Hey dude I watched the video clip for Boyz Are Gonna Rock today at a friend's house. Best video clip ever hahaha, its UNREAL! Crazy stuff! Just a performance video but they look super-super glam (more glam than Pretty Boy Floyd!) and they are going CRAZY, Vinnie is doign guitar trixx galore with the mic stand & a microphone and all this kinda stuff, then at the end they just trash the whole stage.... things are blowing up & some dude who's on fire runs onto the stage just outta nowhere (?? haha!), Dana's kicking his bass speakers off from the top of his stack of them, Vinnie smashes his hot pink double V Jackson through his Marshall cabinets and they all get set on fire, then Bobby's throwing his drums into it hahaha.. its awesome! And there's just hot pink GALORE haha!

I saw a band last night with The Deadthings callad Charring Cross (they stayed in the motel room next to us too) and their lead guitarist was pretty damn good!

The Trooper said:
I saw a band last night with The Deadthings callad Charring Cross and their lead guitarist was pretty damn good!
D'oh. :(
I hope the gig sucked.

The turnout sucked. I had a great time though and The Deadthings rocked.

First band on was Charring Cross from Melbourne. Dirty sleazy rock & roll with great guitarists and tons of solos (big hair metal freaks too, was drinking with them at the motel in the afternoon and reading Hollywood Rocks, there was bands in there I'd never heard of and they're like "Ohhh their bassist was in *insert other band I haven't heard of* etc" haha). They put on a good show. Could benefit from a full-time lead singer but they were still great.

Second band was Veil Of Anguish. Not my thing. But one of my old mates who I hadn't seen in ages coz he moved to Geelong filled in as their singer for the night, he's so metal on stage hahahahah.

Third band was Lucy's Fire. Black Sabbath rip offs with a better singer than Ozzy but crap songs. I wasn't paying much attention at this stage.

Then The Deadthings headlined and rocked the place, as usual. :headbang:

The Trooper said:
Hey dude I watched the video clip for Boyz Are Gonna Rock today at a friend's house. Best video clip ever hahaha, its UNREAL! Crazy stuff! Just a performance video but they look super-super glam (more glam than Pretty Boy Floyd!) and they are going CRAZY, Vinnie is doign guitar trixx galore with the mic stand & a microphone and all this kinda stuff, then at the end they just trash the whole stage.... things are blowing up & some dude who's on fire runs onto the stage just outta nowhere (?? haha!), Dana's kicking his bass speakers off from the top of his stack of them, Vinnie smashes his hot pink double V Jackson through his Marshall cabinets and they all get set on fire, then Bobby's throwing his drums into it hahaha.. its awesome! And there's just hot pink GALORE haha!
I have this video.