Dec 19, 2006
Bands I hadn't heard 2 months ago:

Shadow Gallery
Anubis Gate
Nocturnal Rites
Leverage
Beyond Twilight
Avantasia

This is my style of music and I mostly found out about them from having random conversations with people at PPIX. To all of you that recommended one of these bands, thanks.

It happens. Especially when you delve into a lot of different music. I dove into Prog a few years back and I have missed out on a lot of bands I'm sure.

I guess you're right. There's no way anyone could know about every band. I'm just glad that I keep finding new ones that kick my ass!

Bands I hadn't heard 2 months ago:

Shadow Gallery
Anubis Gate
Nocturnal Rites
Leverage
Beyond Twilight
Avantasia

This is my style of music and I mostly found out about them from having random conversations with people at PPIX. To all of you that recommended one of these bands, thanks.
NR and Avantasia are awesome, dude! I need to check out Anubis Gate ASAP.

The only thing on that list that surprises me is Avantasia. Seems like that would be heard of at some point.

It's not that I haven't heard OF some of them. I have heard of Avantasia before. I just haven't actually sat down and listened to any of these bands until just recently.

NR and Avantasia are awesome, dude! I need to check out Anubis Gate ASAP.

Couldn't hurt :lol: My current favorite song by Anubis Gate is "Snowbound" off their most recent one which name escapes me. They do some awesome vocal harmonizing in that chorus.

I freaking love Leverage too. It's good stuff and VERY overlooked.

no doubt. I actually found out about them from this year's sampler pack. Then I heard them when the house music was playing between sets this year as well and it spurred me to check them out. Glad I did too.