I have just received ... in the mail! Post pics of your new treasures!

Madtinus have you ever bought anything by pt via their official pt store?

---

I bought signify two months ago (remastered) that comes with a 2nd disc insignificance, it's awesome... I hope that i can find stupid dream remastered, forunately i haven't bought either signify or stupid dream when they were first released.

Hevimees said:
Damn you MadTinus. Now I'm really jealous...
Well, it took me a long time and many followed items and failed biddings on ebay to get this from a fellow PT-lover who was lucky enough to snatch this copy on ebay for a $9.99 buy it now!! o_O He already had a copy, but of course when you see it for that price, you snatch it even if you would own 71 copies already..

His first copy cost him quite a lot of money, so he sold this one to me for 'only' EUR 75... Still good if you consider that most copies go for at least the double.. There's one on ebay again right now, but it's a pretty battered and worn copy, wouldn't want that..
Tone-Deaf said:
Madtinus have you ever bought anything by pt via their official pt store?

---

I bought signify two months ago (remastered) that comes with a 2nd disc insignificance, it's awesome... I hope that i can find stupid dream remastered, forunately i haven't bought either signify or stupid dream when they were first released.
Yeah, I ordered from them several times, also the new DVD (which is awesome!), I got #1004 of the first 2000 numbered copies :)

I also (pre-)ordered the remastered Stupid Dream, XMII, Deadwing special edition etc. etc.. From Stupid Dream I have both the original and the re-issue, from Signify only the re-issue double digi, but I have to say Signify has not yet captured me near as much as the albums after that have, even though Waiting is a really good song.

MadTinus said:
I also (pre-)ordered the remastered Stupid Dream, XMII, Deadwing special edition etc. etc.. From Stupid Dream I have both the original and the re-issue, from Signify only the re-issue double digi, but I have to say Signify has not yet captured me near as much as the albums after that have, even though Waiting is a really good song.
I agree signify doesn't get me as much as the other cds but don't forget sleep of no dreaming! that's surely the best track on the record. :)

haha, signify got me from the first one - two listens, i love every porcupine tree album that i've bought so far

today i got recordings. It's sooooooo huuuuge, you can see that i've added new lyrics from it in my signature ;), it was raining outside, it was 6-7pm, great time to listen to it. I got the 07593 from 20. 000 copies. porcupine tree > all others :D

porcupine_tree_recordings.jpg

MadTinus said:
Seems you got your hands on a mint copy there, awesome!

:D

but i guess it's the only ltd edition by pt i have in my collection. Could you tell me where you got theese rare and ltd editions (like the one in #203), ebay i guess?, because in pt store some items are out of stock :erk: Do you know if there is hope to bring back in stock some stuff??

Recordings I got on ebay last year, how I got XM is explained in #210. In Absentia vinyl I got on ebay, original Stupid Dream I bought from the same guy I bought XM from, original Lightbulb Sun CD's I got on ebay as well..

The other things I ordered right away when they came out, like XMII, Deadwing special edition, Stupid Dream re-issue..

What items are you specifically looking for?

MadTinus said:
Recordings I got on ebay last year, how I got XM is explained in #210. In Absentia vinyl I got on ebay, original Stupid Dream I bought from the same guy I bought XM from, original Lightbulb Sun CD's I got on ebay as well..

The other things I ordered right away when they came out, like XMII, Deadwing special edition, Stupid Dream re-issue..

What items are you specifically looking for?

O yeah i forgot that you've explained some things before...Hm.... i'm looking just for some random stuff, because i recently fell in love with this band and I would like to complete a kind of collection, those porcupines have released sooo many ltd and rare stuff, it's impossible to get them all. I saw warszawa at my local, i'd better hurry up ;)

O, and about the dvd, it's ltd too :(, but i guess i'll manage to get it somehow :cry:

Tone-Deaf said:
O yeah i forgot that you've explained some things before...Hm.... i'm looking just for some random stuff, because i recently fell in love with this band and I would like to complete a kind of collection, those porcupines have released sooo many ltd and rare stuff, it's impossible to get them all. I saw warszawa at my local, i'd better hurry up ;)

O, and about the dvd, it's ltd too :(, but i guess i'll manage to get it somehow :cry:
Haha, tell me about it, even some regular albums are hard to get (Lightbulb Sun and until recently Stupid Dream)! I've spend a lot of money on them the last 1,5 years! :) The DVD is not limited, just the first 2000 copies were numbered and came with a set of exclusive postcards, not that special, but nice, I have #1004/2000. The regular version is out in the shops now.

Oh and Warszawa ain't that rare, it's really nice though, so buy it anyway :).

MadTinus said:
Haha, tell me about it, even some regular albums are hard to get (Lightbulb Sun and until recently Stupid Dream)! I've spend a lot of money on them the last 1,5 years! :) The DVD is not limited, just the first 2000 copies were numbered and came with a set of exclusive postcards, not that special, but nice, I have #1004/2000. The regular version is out in the shops now.

Oh and Warszawa ain't that rare, it's really nice though, so buy it anyway :).

:) haha, thanks man, what a relief...The dvd must be really great, from what i've read in reviews., they sound great live, i don't know about the smell, wilson takes off his shoes some times :lol:, but seriously i find that this proves how unique is as an artist. ;). Bytheway, you probably mean stupid dream original edition (?), i don't mind buying just the remastered, for example i got signify only the re-mastered edition with insignificance, i think that it's a bit useless to get the original too, but then it still is a collective piece.

Tone-Deaf said:
:) haha, thanks man, what a relief...The dvd must be really great, from what i've read in reviews., they sound great live, i don't know about the smell, wilson takes off his shoes some times :lol:, but seriously i find that this proves how unique is as an artist. ;). Bytheway, you probably mean stupid dream original edition (?), i don't mind buying just the remastered, for example i got signify only the re-mastered edition with insignificance, i think that it's a bit useless to get the original too, but then it still is a collective piece.
The DVD is great indeed, in every way, incredible setlist, great performance, superb camera direction, all a PT fan could wish for! And yeah, Steve always performs on bare feet. :)

Yeah, I got the original Stupid Dream already last year, when the re-issue had not been announced yet. I AM glad I did not pay a LOT of money, like some people, for this Moonloop CD, that used to cost even more than this XM, 300 euro was no exception. But now it also got re-issued, almost identical to the original (except the year :)), so I got that one, same goes for those Steve Wilson 'cover version' CD's.. Cover Version I used to go up sky high on ebay, and then it got re-issued, and that's when I bought it. :D

If I come across affordable copies, I might buy an original Signify and Up The Downstair etc.. There are no real urgent items I need from PT now, I'd like to have some vinyls now, like Coma Divine, Signify, Sky Moves Sideways maybe..

here's my small vinyl collection in incredibly bad quality (webcam)
from top to bottom right:

Emerson Lake & Palmer - Emerson Lake & Palmer;

Van Der Graaf Generator - The Least We Can Do Is Wave To Each Other; Gentle Giant - Free Hand; Rare Bird - Epic Forest; Nektar - Journey To The Centre Of The Eye;

Jethro Tull - Aqualung; Jethro Tull - Stand Up; Rare Bird - As Your Mind Flies By; Hatfield & The North - Hatfield & The North
2uv7.jpg
1ky3.jpg

Verwuestung said:
here's my small vinyl collection in incredibly bad quality (webcam)
from top to bottom right:

Emerson Lake & Palmer - Emerson Lake & Palmer;

Van Der Graaf Generator - The Least We Can Do Is Wave To Each Other; Gentle Giant - Free Hand; Rare Bird - Epic Forest; Nektar - Journey To The Centre Of The Eye;

Jethro Tull - Aqualung; Jethro Tull - Stand Up; Rare Bird - As Your Mind Flies By; Hatfield & The North - Hatfield & The North
2uv7.jpg
1ky3.jpg

that's it man
I'm going to zikhron and robbing your house

hehe just try :)

I FORGOT TO INCLUDE MY FIRST VINYL!
whoever doesn't know this one should be ashamed

3bl5.jpg

and to give you a little more quality..

4ru0.jpg
5oo6.jpg
6wh8.jpg