I have just received ... in the mail! Post pics of your new treasures!

Killer. This shop by me has most of the Yes albums on vinyl. Could have completed my Zeppelin, Floyd and Queen vinyls but the people that work there look up prices on Ebay and Popsike, and use the highest price it went for, which is gay. Plus if the album is from the a different country they slap a giant IMPORT sticker on there and charge $10 or more.

And from the last couple days:

l_f5238ebe4a4b4c7aa1fb2b5fe8f51a3d.jpg

4 Sacrifice lps
3 Burzum lps
1 Autopsy lp

=

ThrashtasticBlackendDoomDeath :)

^it's good you can still track them down at least, i've been using my dads lately but i'm gonna have to get one of my own here shortly

@LD

that sucks they charge so much, at least it sounds like it has a good selection, the place by my house is really just a hole in the wall, the guy buys and sells old albums so it's really all luck if you find something good.

he oddly has a pretty good selection of new post-rock though, i've picked up some explosions in the sky and a few godspeed you black emperor albums, and i've missed out on about 3 Om albums :lol:

This place has a little metal and punk section, which mostly has garbage or more well known stuff you can get anywhere. They have tons of indie and newer rock vinyls, but you have to dig. I get a lot of older stuff taken care of there...got a lot of Zappa lps from there, and like I said before, Zeppelin and Floyd...Sabbath...all the essentials :) I already own Dark Side Of The Moon, but they had the same issue I have with the original posters for $20...I was thinking about going back and getting it, I'll kick myself in the ass if they don't have it next time. I go through there once every two weeks or so...It's just too time consuming....takes about an hour and a half to get through the first section, then you're tired, you have to piss, you eyes and back hurt, and you sick of seeing 20 of the same Carpenters or Elvis albums, haha.

Advent - Sounds from within. Tales of Dark - Perdition calls.
phycodoomlich1.jpg

Advent - A silent Nowhere. Nox Aurea - Via Gnosis. Hedon Cries - Hate turns into grief
phycodoomlich.jpg

Ya, but can it run Crysis? ;)

All jokes aside, did you build the entire rig at once? If so I'm wondering the reasoning behind your processor choice?

This place has a little metal and punk section, which mostly has garbage or more well known stuff you can get anywhere. They have tons of indie and newer rock vinyls, but you have to dig. I get a lot of older stuff taken care of there...got a lot of Zappa lps from there, and like I said before, Zeppelin and Floyd...Sabbath...all the essentials :) I already own Dark Side Of The Moon, but they had the same issue I have with the original posters for $20...I was thinking about going back and getting it, I'll kick myself in the ass if they don't have it next time. I go through there once every two weeks or so...It's just too time consuming....takes about an hour and a half to get through the first section, then you're tired, you have to piss, you eyes and back hurt, and you sick of seeing 20 of the same Carpenters or Elvis albums, haha.

nice, my dad has a copy of DSotM with the original posters too....but sadly his also has his name written on it :(

Ya, but can it run Crysis? ;)

All jokes aside, did you build the entire rig at once? If so I'm wondering the reasoning behind your processor choice?

My old system could run crysis :p

I ordered all the parts at once yeah. As for the CPU I dunno. I've always liked AMD chips, never had any problems and they're more reasonably priced compared to Intel - which is a huge factor for me. To clarify; it's a duel core :p

Well, thankfully tomorrow is Sunday, and a day off...I need time to listen to these fucking vinyls, haha

l_4cb9885c29ca4ecaabf660c1c2d5d150.jpg

Conqueror/Black Witchery - Split Pic Disc
Faustcoven - The Halo Of Burning Wings (Die Hard) 2lp
Faustcoven - Rising From Below The Earth (Die Hard) 2lp
Speedwolf - Denver 666 (Black And White vinyls)

My old system could run crysis :p

I ordered all the parts at once yeah. As for the CPU I dunno. I've always liked AMD chips, never had any problems and they're more reasonably priced compared to Intel - which is a huge factor for me. To clarify; it's a duel core :p

Yeah, people say they can run Crysis, but they don't really run Crysis if you know what I mean. :)

Well I'm more or less wondering why you went the duo core route instead of the more future proof quad core route?

Yeah, people say they can run Crysis, but they don't really run Crysis if you know what I mean. :)

Well I'm more or less wondering why you went the duo core route instead of the more future proof quad core route?

Haha, yepp. I'll have to give crysis a run on this one to see how it fares.

As for the duo core, it was relatively cheaper to purchase and my motherboard supports the quads too, I figure I can always upgrade to that later if I feel the need. Another 2 gig of RAM would be nice too, but that can also be a later thing.

Last week I also bought:

001.jpg

Alan Parsons Priject:
I, Robot (two editions)
EVE
The Turn of a Friendly Card
Tales of Mysery and Imagination
Genesis - Invisible Touch
Genesis - Wind and Wuthering
Rick Wakeman - 1984

And Borderlands arrived in the mail :kickass:

Not sure the import prices, but here you could have gotten a Dell with Intel i5 Quad Core, 6GB of Ram, and the same graphics card for a little under what you payed.

Probably, but I'm not much for brand name computers really. I like the experience of building my own, and I doubt the dell would have come with the case I wanted. So far this thing does everything I hoped it would without problem - other than my LCD monitor dying :mad: though that's a whole different thing.

You gotta go with what you feel right with. I just got a new Mac because personally prefer the OS (don't want to run an emulator on a PC) among other things I need to use it for. I spent around the same as you, and got a comparable processor/ram. The LED screen it came with is a frekken thing of beauty though.

Yeah, exactly. I'm no fan of macs, but that doesn't mean others won't prefer them. I tell you what though, this windows 7 is really nice.
Its just my luck that once I get a new system a monitor dies. I usually have duel set up, but now I'm stuck on my secondary. Damnit!