I have just received ... in the mail! Post pics of your new treasures!

house of this Usher?
usher.jpg

paradoxile said:
house of this Usher?
No you weary soul, House Of Usher, the KVLT Swedish Death Metal band featuring, among others, later At The Gates guitarplayer Martin Larsson!
Hobo said:
Tinus... nice Tiamat find.. I seriously must buy Summerain cry.. and clouds...
crap i miss beeing 14 and headbanging my arse off to theese albums..
And The Astral Sleep, that album SLAYS Cloudz!!

I was kidding damn it...of course I know house of usher.
knowig at the gates and not knowing house of usher is like knowing katatonia and not knowing october tide.

speaking of october tide...I want RWE vinyl.
I prefer Clouds to Astral Sleep actually...

paradoxile said:
I was kidding damn it...of course I know house of usher.
knowig at the gates and not knowing house of usher is like knowing katatonia and not knowing october tide.
Well, I think House Of Usher is quite a bit more obscure compared to At The Gates (and more obscure in general) than October Tide is compared to Katatonia. House Of Usher have only released one 7-inch and a demo & promotape (and one track on the "Projections Of A Stained Mind" kvlt compilation album, which I also own), where October Tide released 2 full-length albums.

In short, I can very well imagine someone not being aware of this band's existence. Hence my (also quite obviously ironical) comment.
paradoxile said:
I prefer Clouds to Astral Sleep actually...
:OMG:

I got to know House of Usher not because of Martin but because of Lord K.
Haven't listened to At the gates in ages...

I don't own anything from House of Usher,I have mp3's because I live in fucking Israel and you can't really get any good metal vinyls at large quantity...Import is very limited...just like 2 or 3 stores in the whole country that bring metal to the country.
fuck it...you can't even find Katatonia cd's in tower records stores...thank god for the metal shop

I don't own anything from House of Usher,I have mp3's because I live in fucking Israel and you can't really get any good metal vinyls at large quantity...Import is very limited...just like 2 or 3 stores in the whole country that bring metal to the country.
fuck it...you can't even find Katatonia cd's in tower records stores...thank god for the metal shop

I see ''neighbour'', it's the same here as it is in your country and even worse...:cry:

paradoxile said:
I got to know House of Usher not because of Martin but because of Lord K.
Haven't listened to At the gates in ages...

יso true!
I also live in israel and I just started working in tower records (gan shmuel)
and I'm quite surprised there's no katatonia there
but there is anathema, and too much of that crappy cradle of flith..

LifeDepraved said:
HOLY SHIT TINUS!!!! WHERE DO YOU FIND THESE?!?!?!

Ebay never has these RARRHGHGH$*#*(#($(#$%#@$*!!*#
I know, I got them from ebay though, they were Buy it Now, from a German seller, paid 24.99 euro for Crimson and 27.99 euro for Amok, the auctions were still marked with the 'new' star when I saw them, so I snatched them immediately before it was too late! Glad to finally have them!

There's one Crimson pic disc listed on ebay already for some time as a Buy it now for 29.90 euro.. Pretty expensive, I know, especially with shipping to the US I guess..

I'll put up pics in a little bit, but I bought today:

Abigor - Berwustung/Invoke The Dark Age (first Color press)
Maceration (feat Day ;) ) - A Serenade Of Agony (First Press)
Lobotomy - Against The Gods, Nailed In Misery (Demo cd)

Not bad for under $20.

paradoxile said:
where are you from?

the island on your left :err:

this place S-U-C-K-S!

But as long as I can find some katatonia albums it's ok. So far only 1 store sells worthbying albums...There's no way to find Lps and vinyls, I've seen only saw you drone vinyl...But, I don't really care about vinyls cause i simply don't have a vinyl player, either enough money :mad:

I know what you mean about no place to buy stuff. Where I live there's basically one decent store (actually several of them, kind of a local chain) where I can find some pretty nice stuff, like several Katatonia albums and the new Bloodbath, plus lots of other non-katatonia related bands. But other than a used-only store which occasionally gets some good things (like The Knowing by Novembers Doom) its bascially the only place with any non-mainstream/Indie stuff. And good vinyls? Please, none to be found.

[/end rant]

Anyway, thank god for the internet, although my purchases are quite limited over the net.

If I had a digital camera I'd post pics of the stuff I got today, but since I don't you just have to use your imaginations:

The Ocean - Queen of the Food Chain/Inertia 7" (043/220)
Orphaned Land - Ararat
Daylight Dies - The Long Forgotten Demo (!!)

Tone-Deaf said:
the island on your left :err:

this place S-U-C-K-S!

But as long as I can find some katatonia albums it's ok. So far only 1 store sells worthbying albums...There's no way to find Lps and vinyls, I've seen only saw you drone vinyl...But, I don't really care about vinyls cause i simply don't have a vinyl player, either enough money :mad:

greec????