I have just received ... in the mail! Post pics of your new treasures!

Cerulean said:
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!

You really DO like them, right?
That demo kind of sucks though :p even the guitars aren't tuned properly

shhh!!! what counts is that i have it, regardless of how the guitars may sound :D
and yeah, i fell in love with them :D

I have the "Dark Ritual" picture vinyl. :)

ancient_rites.jpg

BlueSky said:
a picture is better than no picture. this isn't rocket science :rolleyes:
the concern here is about how it sounds.... i didn't knew about it.. since i'm a real noob when it comes to vinyls.. ( only got a 3 vinyl collection .. ) but as stated before by those two misters, pic vinyls got a lower quallity on audio.

BlueSky said:
a picture is better than no picture. this isn't rocket science :rolleyes:

Would you be referring to a certain conversation regarding the use of equalizer when listening to Katatonia? :)

Anyways what bugs me is the rather loud background hum on picture vinyls. I've also understood that they don't last as long as regular vinyls.

Of course you can hang them up on your wall like some people do, but for wall decoration I would rather just use a poster or a painting, since a pic vinyl always has the other side that can't be seen :erk:

I agree about the other side also. I might hang them up one day, but for now unless I get the regular vinyl versions of them, I wanna play the pic discs...because even Pic Discs sound better than cd.

HAIL VINYL!!!

well it was not by mail, but a friend of mine actually painted and gave me those two shirts today as bday gift:
dsc09328rj2.jpg

AWESOME ! so perfectly painted ain't it ?

also my dad gave me that LG Flatron L1752S LCD 17'' .. left my oldie syncmaster 15' :loco:
dsc09330yb9.jpg

Fateful, my birthday is comming up soon, and i hereby force you to give me that Dredg shirt..
is it handpainted, or did he use that"fill a box with paint and rub it in" type thing? (I don know what it is called, but we did it in school a few times :) )

Hobo said:
Fateful, my birthday is comming up soon, and i hereby force you to give me that Dredg shirt..
is it handpainted, or did he use that"fill a box with paint and rub it in" type thing? (I don know what it is called, but we did it in school a few times :) )

its actually all hand painted.. hardwork ! explosions in the sky's shirt too.. so equal to the original image www.explosionsinthesky.com .. that girl ( actually an ex-gf ) has actually a great potential and i never doubted it ! she actually painted that EITS shirt in 6 hours.. bought the shirt around 16pm.. and went to get the proper paint and they didn't had it on the store, so she spent sometime mixing colours and stuff.. by 00:00 of today /bday/ she droped by to gimme that shirts and a tiny card.. :D

about that technique I guess that would be called silk-screen..