I have just received ... in the mail! Post pics of your new treasures!

Got the new Tsjuder album "Legion Helvete" as well as Dissection's "Reinkaos" (both sealed)

imag0808f.jpg

imag0805.jpg

I got Dissection - Storm of the Light's bane (orig. black on Nuclear Blast) a couple weeks ago. Here's some pics:
imag0760e.jpg

imag0761h.jpg

imag0763u.jpg

The pictures are kind of shitty but the record and sleeve are in excellent to near mint condition.

I noticed someone sold a copy of this on ebay recently for a shitton of $$$
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DISSECTION-...7698865?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item19ca44f3b1

Maybe I should consider selling it...

Also picked up a sealed copy of Ghost Reveries (Opeth) and Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symfonia, Constellation And My Angel 2LP (already have 2 of these but it was cheap and will give it to a friend).

Also picked up a sealed copy of Ghost Reveries (Opeth) and Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symfonia, Constellation And My Angel 2LP (already have 2 of these but it was cheap and will give it to a friend).

Really nice - Ghost Reveries: was it that sealed copy on Ebay for $125 or something?
Also, how come you buy several copies of the same LP? I could never understand why some people do that. Unless the previous one is damaged or something like that. Just wondering...
Kudos on that Dissection too. Ebay?

Really nice - Ghost Reveries: was it that sealed copy on Ebay for $125 or something?
Also, how come you buy several copies of the same LP? I could never understand why some people do that. Unless the previous one is damaged or something like that. Just wondering...
Kudos on that Dissection too. Ebay?

I got Ghost Reveries and the Dissection album off discogs. I check throughout the day for items on my want list and sometimes there's a great deal. Ghost Reveries was about $60 and Dissection was about $75.

I got Cynic's "Focus" for $20 but the jackass shipped it in flimsy cardboard and the sleeve got bent up on all sides. When I emailed him, he said "Well, the record still plays fine...right?"

I have extras of the Arcturus album because some record store (actually it was Relapse's old record store - now closed) had them in a used bin for like $5/each and I knew they sold for a decent amount...so I figured I could sell them down the road. They also had, like, 10 copies of Macabre's Gloom for dirt cheap and so I picked up a couple of those.

I also bought 5 copies of Arcturus' The Sham Mirrors from the grau since they pressed 330 or so but only hand-numbered the first 300 (also got inserts). I figured I could print the insert myself but it's going to cost a fortune to get that done so I'm holding on to those. I did get the pdfs (with cut marks) from grau for the insert so if/when it's reasonable, I'll get those printed. I also have a numbered version w/insert, but the ones I got from grau were completely new/mint.

Some other steals I got were Danzig - 3 (How the Gods Kill) on vinyl for about $10. Death - Symbolic (first press) for $20. I saw that just sell on ebay for $100+ . GnR - Appetite (first press, flexi vinyl) w/banned cover - still sealed. It's got the "as featured in The Dead Pool" sticker on the front. Got that for $35.

Every once in a while I'll sell off some extras and thin out my collection.

I've never seen that Black Sabbath release before, interesting. Are those Slowdive LP's bootlegs? If they're the versions I have they are but they still sound really good.

The Black Sabbath is part 2 of a compilation from the mid 70s. And yeah, those are the new boots of Souvlaki and Blue Day...and yeah they sound really great!!! I think the best score was that Ceremonial Oath cd...got it for $3...and I've seen it go on Ebay for almost $200 before...nuts!

My Zappa/Mothers collection is getting up there...If it wasn't for this record store near me, I would probably have to dish out hundreds more for these lps. Getting all these old records for a few bucks each is so killer!

My Zappa/Mothers collection is getting up there...If it wasn't for this record store near me, I would probably have to dish out hundreds more for these lps. Getting all these old records for a few bucks each is so killer!

Yeah, building a Zappa collection is quite an undertaking. I wanted to at one point but when the LP's were good condition they were expensive, when they were cheap they were unplayable.
I'll get there when I catch up with my patience.