I have to share this!! :)

Lakestream

May 1, 2001
Uppsala, Sweden
Visit site
I posted some lyrics to a song I'm working on at this other board I regularly post on (I only post on two boards regularly, that one and this one). Well, anyway, a guy there who listens to the same kind of music as we all do, asked me "What parts are growled?"
I said that I hadn't decided yet.

And then, some laughable little wanker comes in and burps out the following:

"growled=slipknotish? "'

BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

On the album "Slipknot" there is a song "Get this" that is death metal with Cannibal Corpse tricks and some vocal parts there are grouled. Warning: I am not fan of Slipknot ! Btw, drummer of KATATONIA is fan of slipknot , he even has a tattoo on the right arm "S".

My avatar is a dead clown... i dont see what youre sayin. :confused:

I think it was stupid of the drummer of Katonia to get the Slipknot tatoo. They might have been alright at the time he got his tatoo, but NEVER GET A TATOO OF A BAND THAT IS AMBIGUOUSLY GAY. BY this, i mean that you should never get a tatoo of a band that just starts out. it is idiotic. they will most likely become a "pathetic excuse for music" type of band, and youve got that fuckin tatoo on yourself for life. Good fuckin deal, huh? Now an opeth tatoo on the other hand... you've got no worry about the band making fuck-off music, therefore, it was a great idea getting an opeth tatoo.

the thing is... i don't know much about slipknot and their abilities as musicians (be being drummer myself), but apart from the katatonia drummer even GENE HOGLAN said in a german metal zine that he likes the drumming of the slipknot guy, he is very talented blabla. i tend to think he really has some abilities (don't know for the rest of the bunch). i only know one song of them and there drumming is... well... unconventional.
but i'm curious why so many of you seem to really hate them. is it because they are wannabie-metallers? is it because they are popular among kids? the same goes for limp bizkit, korn and all these. i'm rather relieved when the local discos let themselves down to play one of their songs, it's as heavy as it gets around here. anyway... just a matter of taste i guess. it's just funny how some are apologizing for even speaking of them. admit it, even YOU can joggle you foot along their music. you just would be embarrassed to admit. or would be embarrasing in the eyes of the "troo" metal guys.

I don't listen to their music, but from what I have heard the drummer definitely has the most talent in that band. I can't really put my finger on Slipknot. I mean, I somewhat believe that in the beginning of their career they were in it for the music and not the image/money. However, I think now that most kids see them as an outlet for aggression and rebellion so they have lost all self-respect and are completely in it for the money.

One thing I still don't understand is why they chose In Flames to tour with them. I read a portion of an interview with the lead singer somewhere a while back, and he said something to the lines of "There is a lot of brutal music out there, and kids just have no access to it.". So, I wonder if they are trying to expose more people to 'heavier' music.

I saw a thing in Rolling Stone when they first came out that was the top 5 albums of the drummer, and one of them was Acid Bath's "When the Kite String Pops". That earned some of my respect. I just think they have become too blatant with their satanic imagery and are all about the money now. I might be wrong, but I really can't see anything in their music. :err:

Originally posted by Oyo
Yes, their music is catchy and fast. If you listen to catchy/fast music, it gets more boring with every play, as opposed to being able to appreciate it more with every listen, like with Opeth. Not only this, but I think their whole mask/image thing is pathetic. They are trying to look scary and different, and I find it stupid looking.

Agree with you. First time I heard Slipknot, I liked them it was something new for me and agressive. But a week after I finally couldn't listen this shit any longer.

No! NOTHING about Slipknot is good! They suck! They're not metal! BOOOOO!! Down with Slipknot! They're all gay! They're fucking poser scum, My dog can play the guitar ten times better than them. They are the source of all evil in the metal community and I wish all of them were dead! I want to fuckin rape and kill all of them for making such crappy music!

:lol: Just poking fun at what I commonly hear when Slipknot is mentioned (on other boards). Sometimes it really is tough to separate those who honestly dislike Slipknot, and those who just dislike them to be fashionable. It really is a paradox.

Funny, and infuriating thing I read in the In Flames forum. On the thread they made right after the events of Sep 11th, One person said in the thread about what happened: "More importantly, In Flames is touring with Slipknot! Those guys suck!"

Dumbest and most insensitive thing I've ever read. That's underground metal bias and fanaticism at it's peek.

Some of you are asking why we hate Slipknot so damn much. For me it isnt at all about their fanbase or gimmicks or any of that shit, i just dont appreciate them trying to hint to people that they are part of the metal scene. Now thousands of people have a VERY wrong impression of metal. Slipknot is not metal, its more of a "Hardcore Punk" band, kinda like Biohazzard (God what a disgrace, they should have kept to their original ways). Slipknot's music is very idiotic and whenever i hear it i feel bad for any instrument used to reenact any of their songs. I dont mind Slipknot, as long as i dont hear any of their god damn fuckin trash that they spit into the easily-shaped minds of today's youth, as well as all those other bands today walking in Slipknot's path.

Im also hearing idiots say that these bands are very brilliant and great musicians, but the follow up to that is a different rant with some of my different opinions, so im not gonna say anything about that... for now. :heh: