I have to share this!! :)

I actually like Slipknot. Then again, I like a lot of bands that most of you don't.

I agree with Vultureculture though.

I believe that "Random percussionists", button pushy guy and guy with turntable are for stage presence. That is something that Slipknot has.

When it comes to live shows, its not just about the music. If a band just stood still, drab looks on their faces, and played the songs, would it be the same as jumping around, moshing with the fans, and going WITH the music?

I think not.

When you want just music, listen to CD's. If you want a real show, go to the gigs, and Slipknot really performs there.

Kind of like Pitchshifter.. Slideshows, "satans cheerleaders", occasionaly JSC would get someone up to sing with him, etc. etc. it's more of an entertaining event.

Originally posted by Sullen Jester
I actually like Slipknot. Then again, I like a lot of bands that most of you don't.

I agree with Vultureculture though.

I believe that "Random percussionists", button pushy guy and guy with turntable are for stage presence. That is something that Slipknot has.

When it comes to live shows, its not just about the music. If a band just stood still, drab looks on their faces, and played the songs, would it be the same as jumping around, moshing with the fans, and going WITH the music?

I think not.

When you want just music, listen to CD's. If you want a real show, go to the gigs, and Slipknot really performs there.

Kind of like Pitchshifter.. Slideshows, "satans cheerleaders", occasionaly JSC would get someone up to sing with him, etc. etc. it's more of an entertaining event.

So does that mean slipknot is doing it for the image rather the music?

Have you ever seen opeth live? :confused:
Not that many people jumping around, no, but id have to say that standing and watching opeth is as enjoyable as elbowing unsuspecting endo fans at a Sepultura show. :D

I do not know. You'll have to ask them.
Sorry if it seems like I'm evading the question, but I do not know what they're doing.

BUT I do know it's more entertaining to go see their shows, now, than if they had lost the suprplus members, cut the masks and shit, and just stood there.

Originally posted by Juggie

Yes it does Juggie. I mean, think about it for a while people. What if Slipknot didnt have any videos on MTV, they didnt wear any of those kiddie playsuits, and didnt jump around like a bunch of fuckin monkeys onstage? If you took that all away, youd be left with JUST their music, and that aint much. Sad isnt it? :err:

Originally posted by Brujerismo
My avatar is a dead clown... i dont see what youre sayin. :confused:

I think it was stupid of the drummer of Katonia to get the Slipknot tatoo. They might have been alright at the time he got his tatoo, but NEVER GET A TATOO OF A BAND THAT IS AMBIGUOUSLY GAY. BY this, i mean that you should never get a tatoo of a band that just starts out. it is idiotic. they will most likely become a "pathetic excuse for music" type of band, and youve got that fuckin tatoo on yourself for life. Good fuckin deal, huh? Now an opeth tatoo on the other hand... you've got no worry about the band making fuck-off music, therefore, it was a great idea getting an opeth tatoo.

I don't like Slipknot, but I think their "S" logo is sexy looking.

Why don't I like slipknot?
Because i don''t enjoy them.

Linkin Park is a band i enjoy, and at least they use their own elements (experimental noise, rhythmic vocals, clean vocals etc.)

Originally posted by hibernal_dream
Why don't I like slipknot?
Because i don''t enjoy them.

Linkin Park is a band i enjoy, and at least they use their own elements (experimental noise, rhythmic vocals, clean vocals etc.)

those 2 linkin park songs that are real popular (dont know their names) but during the chorus theyre just like 4 powerchords. I need a lot of noise :D

those 2 linkin park songs that are real popular (dont know their names) but during the chorus theyre just like 4 powerchords. I need a lot of noise

Their songs on the radio are "Crawling", "One Step Closer", and "In The End"

Sample of "Crawling"

"Crawling in my skin
these wounds they will not heal
fear is how I fall
confusing what is real" (I hate that song)

Sample of "One Step Closer"

"Everything you say to me
takes me one step closer to the edge and I'm about to break
I need a little room to breather
cause I'm one step closer to the edge and I'm about to break"
(Such challenging lyrics)

Sample of "In The End"

"I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter" (I like this song)

I'm bored, and I had the lyrics book for the album next to me. sorry.

I dare to say, I don't mind Linkin Park, or Staind. They have talent.

Same with sevendust.

And even ... Limp Bizkit's first album. Listen to stalemate, or everything. There's talent buried somewhere there.. But the rest of their first album is trash, and there later albums digust me..

With slipknot, I actually bought the album, pretty early, before everyone was going nuts. I didn't even know they wore masks when I bought the album. I was just impressed with some of there songs.

I enjoyed the album for about 3 listens, and sold it again.

Slipknot does not have a great deal of talent at all.

A LOT of people on this forum have a lot more talent, Soul Forlorn, Thales, Wars Of Winter..

Anyway, Nu-Metal appealed to me when I was younger, b ut I simply grew out of it..

I dare to say, I don't mind Linkin Park, or Staind. They have talent.

Same with sevendust.

And even ... Limp Bizkit's first album. Listen to stalemate, or everything. There's talent buried somewhere there.. But the rest of their first album is trash, and there later albums digust me..

With slipknot, I actually bought the album, pretty early, before everyone was going nuts. I didn't even know they wore masks when I bought the album. I was just impressed with some of there songs.

I enjoyed the album for about 3 listens, and sold it again.

Slipknot does not have a great deal of talent at all.

A LOT of people on this forum have a lot more talent, Soul Forlorn, Thales, Wars Of Winter..

Anyway, Nu-Metal appealed to me when I was younger, b ut I simply grew out of it..

• Linkin Park have been the centre of a mass-advertisement campaign since thier first release. I don't really find anything appealing to their music, and it lacks severely.
  • Limp Bizkit - the same story.
  • Sevendust ..is... worthwhile though :lol:

I happen to think that Slipknot is fucking horrible. not catchy, not fun, not good, and annoying as hell. It sounds like all other nu-metal shit. They DO have more talent than other nu-metal bands, but that basically means that they can play roughly 3 chords with a semblance of professionality. They suck. Plain and simple.
As for the tatoo, thats just fucking dumb, though at a Noctuary show last month, the drummer was wearing a Slipknot shirt. I guess these people like the band, so there's no point in us going "but they suck". I listen to a lot of music that a lot of people don't like, so I'm not gonna judge other people for liking one shitty band here and there.

About nu-metal:
nu-metal was something that I listened a bit before I got into a metal, it was like a gateway to metal. I still listen few of those bands. Not often, but sometimes.
The annoying things in this nu-metal is commerciality and, due to great success of many bands, the overflow of the bands that sound exactly the same IM(and almost everyone else's)O.

Then Slipknot:
Slipknot's music works in small doses. Their music is entertaining and suits well to certain moods but after few songs that mood is gone and you feel no need to listen to it anymore at the moment.
And if I stick only in what comes out of my stereo when I'm listening to them they actually have good songs.

Well, Slipknot isn't amongst my favourite bands but they still pay visits to my cd-player about once a month. I didn't meant to defense them or anything so don't assume anything about the fact that I post over 200 words here about nu-metal and slipknot ...but I had compeletily nothing to do and :loco:

btw, I even got ticket for their show. (though I didn't pay for it)
and I most likely will use it.

I think it is sad...well first let me start off by saying I am not a big Slipknot fan.......ok....as i was saying.....it is sad, i can tell some of the people talking bad about Slipknot have never in their life listened to one of their albums....
Slipknow-Growls:lol: ..ha ha....that is just stupid i can tell you have never listened to an album....they have some straight up Death Metal Growls...this coming from someone who has listened to Death Metal for about 7 years.
Slipknot-Metal:lol: ha ha...... they have the hardcore elements but also have metal elements....listen to the new album, some of the songs have a lot of blasts and metal as hell riffs but i admit they fuck it up when they get all "funky"....but that doesn't mean they are not metal.
By the way if anyone has heard the goregrind band Anal of Blast....Believe it or not that was the project of more than one Slipknot member before Slipknot......well that was probably just a waste of my time with the all the ignorant, assuming opions i will receive:p

actually, you are referring to Anal Blast, not Anal of Blast, which continued despite the departure of some members to Slipknot. And being in a metal project does not make your next pop-oriented band metal.

Originally posted by leadfoot256
I think it is sad...well first let me start off by saying I am not a big Slipknot fan.......ok....as i was saying.....it is sad, i can tell some of the people talking bad about Slipknot have never in their life listened to one of their albums....
Slipknow-Growls:lol: ..ha ha....that is just stupid i can tell you have never listened to an album....they have some straight up Death Metal Growls...this coming from someone who has listened to Death Metal for about 7 years.
Slipknot-Metal:lol: ha ha...... they have the hardcore elements but also have metal elements....listen to the new album, some of the songs have a lot of blasts and metal as hell riffs but i admit they fuck it up when they get all "funky"....but that doesn't mean they are not metal.
By the way if anyone has heard the goregrind band Anal of Blast....Believe it or not that was the project of more than one Slipknot member before Slipknot......well that was probably just a waste of my time with the all the ignorant, assuming opions i will receive:p

well i guess youre right, these are all opinions. Slipknot is indeed the best band on earth.

Originally posted by Qsilver

The annoying things in this nu-metal is commerciality and, due to great success of many bands, the overflow of the bands that sound exactly the same IM(and almost everyone else's)O.

I don't really get this.
I can only think of 3 nu-metal bands off the top of my head (Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, and Slipknot) which all sound different from each other, yet i could probably bring up 100 different black-metal bands which all sound exactly the same.

And i don't really see how commerciality can be a bad thing. I heard Linkin Park on the radio before they became enormously popular and hated them. Now i actually enjoy listening to them.