I heard from someone that this could be Ozzy's new guitarist.

He's been in and out of Ozzy's band for 15 years. No shocker.

I'd love to see Ozzy like with Zakk at some point, but, oh well.

Hopefully the guy from Greece is Gus G. If he wanted to make another GOOD album, he should hire on Michael Wagener again.

IMHO this the best for Zakk in the long run. I'm not fan of Zakk works (except his always good playing in the Derek Sherinian albums), but to me as a musician at this point in time being involved with Ozzy is more a burden than an opportunity, specially considering that you don't work with Ozzy you work for Sharon.

@ PM74: If Gus G is moderately intelligent he wouldn't touch Ozzy with a ten-feet guitar bar. But you never know, money talks and you walk the walk.

IMHO this the best for Zakk in the long run. I'm not fan of Zakk works (except his always good playing in the Derek Sherinian albums), but to me as a musician at this point in time being involved with Ozzy is more a burden than an opportunity, specially considering that you don't work with Ozzy you work for Sharon.

@ PM74: If Gus G is moderately intelligent he wouldn't touch Ozzy with a ten-feet guitar bar. But you never know, money talks and you walk the walk.

Wyv, if someone offered me a slot in Ozzy's band, I'd jump at it. Despite the bullshit with Sharon and everything else.

Gus G's a fantastic writer and could re-invigorate Ozzy. Granted he's 60 so who really cares, but he may still have another "No More Tears" left in him if he gets the right songwriter.

but he may still have another "No More Tears" left in him if he gets the right songwriter.

Dunno, Geezer Butler was pretty acid when he talked about the composition for the H&H album. He said that if the project would have done with Ozzy they still will be writing the first song.

But again I have no love for Ozzy outside Black Sabbath so I'm obviously biased :heh:.

Ozzy should get Jake E. Lee in the band again... he's my favourite of all Ozzy's guitarists and no-one ever mentions him. But he was a classy player... love The Ultimate Sin especially. It's kind of cheesy but brilliant anyway!

Call me cynical, but I'm really not expecting to ever get any more decent music out of Ozzy, so this is really not of concern.

I hope it's for good this time.
To be honest, after No More Tears, I have hated everything Zakk has ever put his greasy, "biker" mitts on.

this will never happen but ozzy needs to rehire bob daisley as the person writing the lyrics and half of the music so we can get a good album. so anyone think jake e lee or joe holmes will return?

^I'd love Jake to return. He absolutely slays Zakk in every way possible: Style, emotion, restraint, tone and not being full of shit.
God forbid that Jake doesn't use the same pentatonic wankage that gets mixed in with what is always never in the right musical context single string diminished arpeggio line.
Seriously, Zakk hasn't written a good guitar solo since 1992.
His fame is based entirely around his image and his shit talking.
Randy Rhoads and Jake were actually humble, decent human beings who were in it for the music.

this will never happen but ozzy needs to rehire bob daisley as the person writing the lyrics and half of the music so we can get a good album. so anyone think jake e lee or joe holmes will return?

You're absolutely right. But Sharon made damn sure that it will never happen as you pointed it out.

And yes Jake will be the decent replacement to get, and no I doubt Jake will do it (if he's intelligent enough and have a good self-esteem).

^I'd love Jake to return. He absolutely slays Zakk in every way possible: Style, emotion, restraint, tone and not being full of shit.
God forbid that Jake doesn't use the same pentatonic wankage that gets mixed in with what is always never in the right musical context single string diminished arpeggio line.
Seriously, Zakk hasn't written a good guitar solo since 1992.
His fame is based entirely around his image and his shit talking.
Randy Rhoads and Jake were actually humble, decent human beings who were in it for the music.
Totally agree with this.. as for Zakk..who gives a f*ck... he was never good imo...

Loving the amount of Jake love in this thread, I never meet anybody who knows who he is... it's all "Randy and Zak, Randy and Zak"...
STFU... who do you think we are? Noobies? :lol:

You've got to be absolutely mad if you think Zakk is a worse player than either Randy or Jake. As songwriters and tasty players, you may have a point. Zak's still written some very tasteful songs. You may prefer their styles, to each his own. They were/are fantastic musicians, but they were not better than Zakk.

The guy's a classically trained guitarist and can play the shit out of his instrument and he's recorded a wide array of music (granted most happens to be BLS inspired stoner metal).

Furthermore he MADE Steel Dragon. You ever hear the original version of We All Die Young? You know what made the Dragon version not suck? Zakk.

You've got to be absolutely mad if you think Zakk is a worse player than either Randy or Jake. As songwriters and tasty players, you may have a point. Zak's still written some very tasteful songs. You may prefer their styles, to each his own. They were/are fantastic musicians, but they were not better than Zakk.[/qb]
Your right... they weren't better then Zakk.. they were WAY better then Zakk... :p

[qb]The guy's a classically trained guitarist and can play the shit out of his instrument and he's recorded a wide array of music (granted most happens to be BLS inspired stoner metal).[/qb]
I haven't heard any classical influence of Zakk's on any album but you do hear it from Jake and Randy... Jake trained as a classical pianist as a child which shows in his work with Ozzy and Randy was obviously taking classical lessons at the time of his death wherever they went on tour. And by your own contradiction most of his work is "stoner metal" that really imo isn't much of an impact compared to Jake and Randy. You overrate Zakk too much... he even copies Jake with his constant pinch harmonics.. the guy can't spell original even if he tried...

[qb]Furthermore he MADE Steel Dragon. You ever hear the original version of We All Die Young? You know what made the Dragon version not suck? Zakk.
Umm does SD matter in metal?

I was happy to see Zakk was playing for Ozzy again when Blac Rain came out, but I can see where Ozzy's going with the whole "we're starting to sound like BLS," comment. The riffs Zakk wrote on that album sound a lot like something you'd hear from BLS.