I heard some Exodus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was off by one year.... so sue me.

Ignorant? Ignorant is going around talking about how this and that is "thrash". How can you talk about "honest opinions and no-bullshit commentary" when you don't even know what you're talking about?? Pentacle are black/death metal, Deceased has some thrash overtones at best, Desaster has some thrash influences, Sabbat are death metal, Necrodeath is black/thrash, Swordmaster are death metal, etc. plus you really seem to have what the Haunted and ATG do confused. 2 diferent bands, not similar at all. The Haunted is thrash, ATG is death, even the guys say ATG was a death metal band!!

I think its great that you have a Testament site, and you've been a fan for awhile, but at the same time, don't try to fly the flag of "intregity" at me and BS me. I've heard enough about people's opinions and what they think they know lately, and its more of the same ol' song and dance.

I'm finished with these, because it only seems to draw more you "know it alls" in, and quite frankly I'm tired of listening to your so called "informed opinions".

pest666 said:
I was off by one year.... so sue me.

Ignorant? Ignorant is going around talking about how this and that is "thrash". How can you talk about "honest opinions and no-bullshit commentary" when you don't even know what you're talking about?? Pentacle are black/death metal, Deceased has some thrash overtones at best, Desaster has some thrash influences, Sabbat are death metal, Necrodeath is black/thrash, Swordmaster are death metal, etc. plus you really seem to have what the Haunted and ATG do confused. 2 diferent bands, not similar at all. The Haunted is thrash, ATG is death, even the guys say ATG was a death metal band!!

QUOTE]

Now thats hitting the nail on the head Pest.......I agree......some people don't even know how catigorize types of Metal.....At least we do, and some other more intelligent board members also......I could not of said it better.......Bottom line is that we both know what Thrash Metal is........and know what other types of Metal other bands are........Lykorian is just a lost soul......We have more Metal in are toe nail clipping than he has in is whole mind, no 21 year old kid is gonna tell me what Exodus & other bands are about......I live it....DAILIY......!........Metal is what I do for enjoyment & a job..........I'm lucky to have both!........Calling him Ignorant is correct in this case!.................:ill:

MindInsane said:
That's because people need to realize that other people's opinions on a band's release isn't a personal attack...it's a fucking opinion...it's what makes the world and this board more interesting. I'm sick of these Exodus threads...it's making this board look very closed minded and not open to any new people. This is precisely why I didn't go into ANY detail on the "What do you think of the new Exodus MindInsane" thread. There's no respect for differences in here lately.

Ok watch the flames insue:Smug:
If your sick of these threads, then don't read them......if your sick of it.......then stay off it...........And don't go into detail......thats your choice BH!........If thats No Respect......then so be it.......get off your rag!....thats my opinion, so in your words RESPECT IT!

pest666 said:
We're both.... older. Seen a lot o stuff. Watched empires built and crumbled. And honestly, I'm tired. I'm sick and tired. I've been doing this since 81/82. I'm for life. You're for life.... hell a lot o people here are for life. And I see this trend, not just on this board, but on a lot o boards. A lot o little kids coming in acting like they know this, that and the other thing. Talking trash. Acting like they KNOW what's up, and they know better. I've outlived trends.... I'm about to outlive another. I was there in the glory days, and I was there in the burning times, and I've come out on the other side. But I have no time for cocky 16-20 year olds who this is a passing trend for. I have no time for shit talking by these little bastards. Back in the day, at the beginning of time as we know it, you shut your mouth and learned.
Fuck Ya Pest.........Baloff would tell us to go out & KILL POSERS like Lykorian.......we lived it....we breathed it.......these kids now adays think they can study Metal........its experience that counts, and these kids(most)....
are flunking out of Metal school.......but still they persist & give false statements to back up their wrong interpretations........and then call it their opinion.......I'm sick of their wrong opinions & will fire back........and so does Pest & Off. Nice.....at least we are real about it & unlike MI........go into detail on how wrong they are......we're not chicken shit to say so.......Maybe you should'nt comment on these Exodus threads MI.....since you only just got a COPY of Bonded By Blood in mid 2003.......You still don't get Exodus.....maybe you never will.....fall back on Opeth, & leave these Exo threads to the Big Boys!:loco:

I guess you went into to much detail........and get shot down again!......You went against your own principle, & have payed the price......Publically!

Deadly Embrace said:
If your sick of these threads, then don't read them......if your sick of it.......then stay off it.......if its your time of the month, then plug your mouth with a tampon!..........And don't go into detail......thats your choice BH!........If thats No Respect......then so be it.......get off your rag!....thats my opinion, so in your words RESPECT IT!

Funny how someone who calls himself my "friend" will post something this shitty to me in a public forum...thanks DE...real nice....and respectful.

Lykorian said:
Cheers to MindInsane and Dodens for addressing some of my own concerns with their posts.

While my political beliefs don't have any bearing on my musical opinions, since OfficerNice is inquiring I will fill him in.
Piss off imbecile. I was not inquiring, you were waving it around.
So I challenged you to stand behind it and you can't so shut up.
I feel like shit and I'm pissed off at this whole thread and what's
becoming of it. And you you little peckerhead are one of the main
reasons.

OfficerNice, if you think any objective musical opinion is "wrong", especially on this subject, then neither of us should waste each other's time debating. Bizzarro planet? Nope, just the frozen tundra of Chicago suburbia...
You are so full of shit. Who knows the fuck you're talking about?
I certainly don't. And BTW, your quote is very 'liberal' you talk big about
being 'unliberal' but I hate to break it to you, you're more liberal than
you think. How you act and what you say ties into your ideology dumb_ass.
I dont look down on anyone and I'm not trying to start a political
thread and what I think about politics means less than what I think about
toe lint. I'm not the one Lynkoran or whatever the hell your name who's
jumping up and down trying to fight everyone here. Knock it off.
You obviously didnt give any credence to the actual honest things I
was saying yesterday which I should have expected from a little pecker
such as you. You dont agree with us about Exodus fine, you're a punk kid
and your discord I expect, but now everyone around here is irritated
as all hell about these threads on both sides of the fence.
I'm so disgusted at what this thread has become I deleted some threads.
I love Exodus. Exodus is Bay Area. I Love Bay Area. I love TOTD.
That's all that matters to me. I'm too old for this shit and I feel like shit.
At least I'm not full of shit like Lykornina.

STFU and Go eat yellow snow

Officer NyQuil.

Deadly Embrace said:
at least we are real about it & unlike MI........go into detail on how wrong they are......we're not chicken shit to say so.......Maybe you should'nt comment on these Exodus threads MI.....since you only just got a COPY of Bonded By Blood in mid 2003.......You still don't get Exodus.....maybe you never will.....fall back on Opeth, & leave these Exo threads to the Big Boys!:loco:

I guess you went into to much detail........and get shot down again!......You went against your own principle, & have payed the price......Publically!

You know why I don't go into detail when I disagree with you...just look at these two fucked up posts you typed up...addressed to me. At least Pest is nice about it...you're just fuckin mean.

As far as not OWNING Bonded By Blood...I already explained to you why...when that was going down I didn't have the $$ to buy EVERY album that came out..I bought the ones that I really loved. One of my best friends had all the Exodus tapes (they were tapes then) and we listened to them a lot..I dug it...but didn't LOVE it so I didn't buy it.

I think Testament is 5 times the band that Exodus is. Flame me for that comment...but I think you know it's true...Mr. Metal.

Those two posts of yours really bummed me out....thanks:erk:

Deadly Embrace said:
Fuck Ya Pest.........Baloff would tell us to go out & KILL POSERS like Lykorian.......we lived it....we breathed it.......these kids now adays think they can study Metal........its experience that counts, and these kids(most)....
are flunking out of Metal school.......but still they persist & give false statements to back up their wrong interpretations........and then call it their opinion.......I'm sick of their wrong opinions & will fire back........and so does Pest & Off. Nice.....at least we are real about it & unlike MI........go into detail on how wrong they are......we're not chicken shit to say so.......Maybe you should'nt comment on these Exodus threads MI.....since you only just got a COPY of Bonded By Blood in mid 2003.......You still don't get Exodus.....maybe you never will.....fall back on Opeth, & leave these Exo threads to the Big Boys!:loco:

Both of you are right. 110 %.
I know exactly what you are talking about.

But look what's happening. We are becoming divided because of a couple
bratty little babies like Dawsons Grav and Lykornian or whoever they are.
Who the fuck cares what a bunch of bratty little babies like them think.
We're old and we saw and we breathed and WE MOSHED THE BEST METAL
in the UNIVERSE. If they think we're wrong so what. We're old AND
WE KNOW BETTER. Those little punks dont even have the hair on their baby nuts to back their shit up and they're comin in here telling us we're wrong?
We saw it. We lived it. We were there. We moshed it. THEY DIDNT.
What do they know? TOTD is awesome and if those those little brats
wanna piss and bitch and moan and complain -allow them. ignore them
and maybe we'll get lucky and they'll go away and bitch and moan on
the Opeth board. I hear there's lots of that there. And in the meantime,
they'll miss out of a truly fine piece of art...TOTD.

But Me, IMO, I agree with MINDINSANE. This thread's gotten way out of hand.

Officer NyQuil.

MindInsane said:
You know why I don't go into detail when I disagree with you...just look at these two fucked up posts you typed up...addressed to me. At least Pest is nice about it...you're just fuckin mean.

As far as not OWNING Bonded By Blood...I already explained to you why...when that was going down I didn't have the $$ to buy EVERY album that came out..I bought the ones that I really loved. One of my best friends had all the Exodus tapes (they were tapes then) and we listened to them a lot..I dug it...but didn't LOVE it so I didn't buy it.

I think Testament is 5 times the band that Exodus is. Flame me for that comment...but I think you know it's true...Mr. Metal.

Those two posts of yours really bummed me out....thanks:erk:
Yeah, I have to say sometimes you just can't get every fine piece of
music when you'd like to. MI has BYB now, that's cool. I never could
get "Swallowed in Black" on disc, cause I didnt have the money and
that was awesome. You gotta have priorities once in a while when
money's tight and nothing's free.

-MI loves Testament and now has BYB, that's pretty right on in my book.
Can we all just be friends again?

-Officer NyQuil.

Reactions: MindInsane
This has gotten WAY out of hand. You know DE, those comments were completely unnecessary, even more so If Mindinsane is your friend. She's your friend and If I were you I would respect her even more because of that.

You can either take or leave my opinion.

(Ps. I'm not attacking you)

hiddenlegions said:
I've got the full cd in my car cd player and it's definately gonna stay in there till I memorize all the songs. It rips !
Same here HL. Man, I can't believe this thread is happening. Love to see that there are more loyal Exo fans ! than I thought! Need to read the rest of the thread before I get too excited!

OfficerNice said:
I got a full copy hooked up, I dunno how my buddy got it (?) ,
but I couldnt wait anymore after everyone was talkin about it.

Shred Heavy Bay Area Metal. God Love it!!!!!

Testament and Exodus World Tour 2004???
Perhaps....NOW THAT WOULD SOME AWESOME PIT ACTION!
Get Vio-Lence to Open and the pits would be awesome!!!!

-Officer Nice
Fuck yeah! That tour would rip some ASSHOLES!!!!

Reactions: Officer Nice
Deadly Embrace said:
It's Funny how SOME people have denounced & belittled this New release......Now that more & more OLD SCHOOL minded reputable Board Members
have heard this album, the reviews are backing up what I've already said... (When Zetro played me the whole album over 2 months ago)........This Album is the best Thrash Album put out by anyone in recent years!
Zig Heil!

OfficerNice said:
IDE, all of the Old School folks here know their shit. They know Exodus.

Seems like those talkin smiggity smack about this cd are
just punk kids and don't know any better. FOOLS! But Don't Worry,
they'll hear this music and it will kick their ass into knowing better Officer Nice
The problem with that is, they are too immature to notice that they are even hearing old school! :Smokin:

MindInsane said:
That's because people need to realize that other people's opinions on a band's release isn't a personal attack...it's a fucking opinion...it's what makes the world and this board more interesting. I'm sick of these Exodus threads...it's making this board look very closed minded and not open to any new people. This is precisely why I didn't go into ANY detail on the "What do you think of the new Exodus MindInsane" thread. There's no respect for differences in here lately.

Ok watch the flames insue:Smug:

wow, you took the words out of my mouth :)

this thread is so pointless.
you guys are arguing about opinions in music.
i tried to stay out of this thread, because arguing on the internet is something i find retarded, but after reading all this, i cant understand why you guys are "arguing" over music taste and "titles" and who's more "old" in the scene...
thats so pointless............

lets all forget about it, shall we?
we are here to discuss metal, not to argue about small details...

free beer for everyone !

*opens the bar *

Dead_Lioness said:
and who's more "old" in the scene

I made a number of those comments. Age brings experience.
It brings the ability to see and comprehend.
Cant deny that. I've been to Exodus shows almost half my life.
I've seen it, heard it, moshed to it and then some.
That's experience some of those punk kids dont have. I was
qualified to say what I did and reinforce the pride and passion of
being involved in the bay area and growing up there.

I may be a fanatic, but shit, name me one Oakland Raiders fan that ISNT
a fanatic. Think about it.

It's all about the hometown.

Officer NyQuil. Behold the Architect of the Giant Fucking Q.

Valofvalhalla said:
Fuck yeah! That tour would rip some ASSHOLES!!!!
:tickled: :D

We always had great posters for our shows too.

TESTAMENT
EXODUS
VIOLENCE

Makes me all warm and tingley. Where's my Cough medicine?

-Officer NyQuil. Behold the Architect of the Giant Fucking Q.

Hey all, Gary Holt here. Wow. I see our new album is stirring up some debate! Thanks to all who've got my back here. Right on! But I've just got to say people seem a whole lot more sensitive about this record than me. If dude doesn't like it then so be it. You can't please everyone. Fuck, Michael Jackson sold 44 million copies of Thriller, and do any of you like it? I thought not! It just goes to show that you cannot please everyone. I for one love my new record, but perhaps I'm a little biased! So dude thinks that Testement is five times the band that we are? I think Prince is a million times the artist and musician that any of us are, but that's my opinion. You probably don't agree. The thing that bothers me the most is the constant catagorizing of metal. Death metal. Black metal. Thrash metal. It almost comes across as musical racism. I love metal, lots of it. Black, death,thrash, if I like it, I like it. But lets not attack people to the extent that they're sure to hate it no matter what, lest we become the fuel for Limp Bizkit to take over the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.