I heard some Exodus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valofvalhalla said:
The problem with that is, they are too immature to notice that they are even hearing old school! :Smokin:

HA HA! Then it's time to tell them straight up....

Put down that bay area metal.
Back away from it.
It's much too powerful for you.
You don't understand its full powers yet.

I've been the old school bay area bigot for a long time...
Maybe the old school matters only to that generation. I dunno. Maybe
the old school isn't so exciting. Korn's pretty exciting. Maybe I should
go jump up jump jump up and get down with Korn. :D
Korn did open for Ozzy in 96..... If I can only find my shiny green
Adidas track suit and my old school striped adidas.....

Officer NyQuil.
Shadows cast loud and clear tell the world the Giant Fucking Q is here...

gary666 said:
Hey all, Gary Holt here. Wow. I see our new album is stirring up some debate! Thanks to all who've got my back here. Right on! But I've just got to say people seem a whole lot more sensitive about this record than me. If dude doesn't like it then so be it. You can't please everyone. Fuck, Michael Jackson sold 44 million copies of Thriller, and do any of you like it? I thought not! It just goes to show that you cannot please everyone. I for one love my new record, but perhaps I'm a little biased! So dude thinks that Testement is five times the band that we are? I think Prince is a million times the artist and musician that any of us are, but that's my opinion. You probably don't agree. The thing that bothers me the most is the constant catagorizing of metal. Death metal. Black metal. Thrash metal. It almost comes across as musical racism. I love metal, lots of it. Black, death,thrash, if I like it, I like it. But lets not attack people to the extent that they're sure to hate it no matter what, lest we become the fuel for Limp Bizkit to take over the world!

Welcome to the TL forum, Gary :headbang: !

officer nice- age brings expirience in some subjects, i agree,
but to play with the "age" card all the time, shows something else...
how old are you if i may ask ?

so you've been a fanatic metal fan for more years than us.
but...
so what ?

anyways, lets all forget it.
i appreciate you coming and saying it was you who said those comments, (i honestly didnt remember who said what)
taking the first step and addmiting maybe, somebody was wrong, takes more guts than to bash others.

now you think about it :)
and just for that, ill drink a natural lite for you tonight :)

gary666 said:
Hey all, Gary Holt here. Wow. I see our new album is stirring up some debate! Thanks to all who've got my back here. Right on! But I've just got to say people seem a whole lot more sensitive about this record than me. If dude doesn't like it then so be it. You can't please everyone. Fuck, Michael Jackson sold 44 million copies of Thriller, and do any of you like it? I thought not! It just goes to show that you cannot please everyone. I for one love my new record, but perhaps I'm a little biased! So dude thinks that Testement is five times the band that we are? I think Prince is a million times the artist and musician that any of us are, but that's my opinion. You probably don't agree. The thing that bothers me the most is the constant catagorizing of metal. Death metal. Black metal. Thrash metal. It almost comes across as musical racism. I love metal, lots of it. Black, death,thrash, if I like it, I like it. But lets not attack people to the extent that they're sure to hate it no matter what, lest we become the fuel for Limp Bizkit to take over the world!

Gary , welcome to the board man! Love the new record, can't wait to see you guys LIVE. :headbang:

Dead_Lioness said:
i cant understand why you guys are "arguing" over music taste and "titles" and who's more "old" in the scene...
thats so pointless............
you know what....? it prolly wouldn't have to come down to talking about the "old" school, except there's a certain segment that likes to come in and flap their gums about how little they know and they wanna challenge the "old school". and then we hear all the cries of "elitism" and "favoritism" and all sorts of other BS.... maybe, just MAYBE the problem doesn't lie with the "old school", maybe it lies with the NU SCHOOL.

MindInsane said:
I think Testament is 5 times the band that Exodus is. Flame me for that comment...but I think you know it's true...Mr. Metal.
Now that Gary Holt saw your thrust........your wrong again(By The Way).......
Testament would not even have been a band without Exodus, & Chuck would not be in Testament if Steve Souza did'nt think Exodus was the shit back then & left Legacy to join them, then Steve told Chuck to try out for Legacy...The rest is history(you get 2 Killer Thrash Metal bands).......But I do know this .........Testament is not 5 times the band Exodus is.......I think everyone would agree with that.......your dead wrong!

PS.........Gary Holt called you Dude........HaHa..........o_O........I'll introduce you to him next time your both around, then he can spank you 5 times harder....:D

MindInsane said:
Funny how someone who calls himself my "friend" will post something this shitty to me in a public forum...thanks DE...real nice....and respectful.
If you were my Sister.........I'd say the same thing.........not real nice.........but at least I'm real.........It's my opinion.......if you don't like the thread then close the door behind you.......your ...."Best Friend"...........still loves you though!

Ultimate_Symphony said:
This has gotten WAY out of hand. You know DE, those comments were completely unnecessary, even more so If Mindinsane is your friend. She's your friend and If I were you I would respect her even more because of that.

You can either take or leave my opinion.

(Ps. I'm not attacking you)
But your not me..........my comments to her have nothing to do with our friendship..........Point is if your tired of these Exodus threads.......don't read them......& don't post on them........its an individual choice......

Deadly Embrace said:
Now that Gary Holt saw your thrust........your wrong again(By The Way).......
Testament would not even have been a band without Exodus, & Chuck would not be in Testament if Steve Souza did'nt think Exodus was the shit back then & left Legacy to join them, then Steve told Chuck to try out for Legacy...The rest is history(you get 2 Killer Thrash Metal bands).......But I do know this .........Testament is not 5 times the band Exodus is.......I think everyone would agree with that.......your dead wrong!

PS.........Gary Holt called you Dude........HaHa..........o_O........I'll introduce you to him next time your both around, then he can spank you 5 times harder....:D
Cool, I didn't know that that is how Chuck got into Legacy/Testament, I always wondered that.

Anyway, the only way I could see someone saying that Testament is 5 times the band that Exodus would be from Alex Skolnick I guess, I mean the guy is a great soloist, I think I like him more than Marty Friedman at times when it comes to that soloing style.

gary666 said:
Lest we not mention Steve Vai? lol. Thanks for your imput. People who are die hard dedicated fans sometimes lose site of things. Fan Appreciation....it's a hard thing to overcome. Us metalheads here treat our bands like members of our family......you call my mother, father, brother, sister names...you will have to deal with me. Funny thing isn't it? It's all a matter of opinion. Some people are confident enough to show their true emotions, others are just followers...................:)

Deadly Embrace said:
But your not me..........my comments to her have nothing to do with our friendship..........Point is if your tired of these Exodus threads.......don't read them......& don't post on them........its an individual choice......
Fair enough.

I just have one question to all the older members who like to bitch at me because I'm not old enough: Wouldn't you think it would be more beneficial to your 'Old School' mentality than it is to keep bitching at the newer generating about how they know nothing?

I started listening to Metal 7 years ago, and started buying albums 2 years ago when I started getting money. $150 a month for two years. I have 300 albums now. If I'm not in it for life, than I've wasted a good majority of my childhood money. That's great, you were around in the hey-day of Bay Area Thrash, but is it my fault that I wasn't? Absolutely not, so don't you my age as an accusation against me, because it's something that can't be helped. And I don't know where this 'shoving their so-called educated opinions' or whatever that quote was came from. I'm just here expressing my opinion, defending my opinion when people try to say that it doesn't mean anything. Well it should, everyone's opinion is equally weighted, no matter how many years of experience you have, because we're all hearing the same music, just through different ears. You're not going to tell me your ears are better than mine now are you?

Look: I'm just tired of getting ragged on whenever I post, even when I didn't say anything controversial. I'm beginning to think it's because I'm 'inexperienced,' which is bullshit, but whatever. I wouldn't be listening to Metallica, Megadeth, Destruction, Sodom, Kreator, Exodus, Slayer, Anthrax, Overkill, Heathen, Cyclone Temple, Ulysses Siren, Destructor, Vio-Lence, Testament, Nuclear Assault, Cryptic Slaughter, and all of the other Thrash and Thrash-influenced bands if I was entirely lacking in experience. I've had to find this all on my own, I never had anyone to guide me. You lived the scene, so it was all in your face. At least give me some fucking credit for caring and for trying, and stop fucking ragging on me whenever I post, because I honestly don't deserve it.

Now as for the topic...I can't wait until it comes out, but I've already said that.

pest666 - regarding those albums I posted, all have the following in common with the new Exodus : abundant thrash rhythms, atonal vocals, fast picking, relatively sparse melody, etc. Call them what you want, but I think they can be judged similarily. I never make any claims about my opinions, other than that they are 100% correct. You seem to hold your own opinions in equally high esteem. That's fine, just don't pass it off to me as fact simply because you're older and more experienced.

Deadly Embrace - I'm sure Baloff appreciates you dictating what he would and wouldn't do if he were still alive. Pathetic way to get your point across. I guess "posers" like me are killing metal, right? Buying CDs and LPs and shirts, going to shows, and maintaining a detailed website even when people associated with the band are fucking dicks to you when you don't agree with them. So when is it ok for us kids to talk straight about metal? How much experience is enough, since that's "what counts"? I'm the poser? No, I'm the fucking fan.

OfficerNice - so I can't even respond to all this shit without be accused of trying to start fights? "Lykorian" is a song title by Root. No different than how you chose your name. Yeah, keep trying to discredit me via the weakest means possible. What do I know? I know what I fucking like, and no one can dictate that for me. Fuck this retarded mess.

Reactions: Dead_Lioness
Dodens Grav said:
I know nothing.

I started listening to Metal 2 years ago when I started getting money. $1.50 a month for two years. I have 3 albums now. I'm not in it for life, I've wasted a good majority of my childhood dreaming about metal. You were around in the hey-day of Bay Area Thrash, it is my fault that I wasn't. Mom was a little late with her period Use my age as an accusation against me, because it's okay with me. I'm just here being an asshole, expressing my opinion, defending my opinion when people try to say that it doesn't mean anything. I'm sorry I whine so much. I try to get my point across as I should????

We are all hearing the same music, just through my immature ears. You're not going to tell me your ears are better than mine now are you? You are? Gosh! That hurts. Stop that.

Look: I love getting ragged on whenever I post. Also, I am lacking in experience. I've had to find this all on my own, I never had anyone to guide me. Now I'm in your face. At least give me some fucking credit for caring and for trying, and keep fucking ragging on me whenever I post, because I honestly do deserve it.

Now as for the topic...I can wait until it comes out, but I've already said that. I've already said that I don't like what I have heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.