I just interviewed Necrophagist...

LordFireworm

May 26, 2002
Visit site
And I spent most of the 30 minutes shitting myself. I've interviewed a fair few other metal personalities but when I started talking to Muhammed, I turned into a giggly fucking schoolgirl.
Anyway, for those that care, the new album and remastered version of "Onset..." is out in July.

Did you know they were offered the support slot for Suffocation's European tour but had to turn it down because of college commitments?
What a shitter.

Under a Stone said:
What was the interview like?
Enjoyable. He's an incredibly down to earth guy and has a few funny things to say about record labels.
One thing I couldn't believe is that he's entirely self taught and has only been playing guitar for 10 years.

LordFireworm said:
Enjoyable. He's an incredibly down to earth guy and has a few funny things to say about record labels.
One thing I couldn't believe is that he's entirely self taught and has only been playing guitar for 10 years.

How did he self-teach? Tabs? Or did he learn to read music? I'm a huge fan of his guitar-playing but I've only been playing about 1 or 2 years and I'd like to know what he did so I could get on the track to being as good as he is.

murder_house said:
How did he self-teach? Tabs? Or did he learn to read music? I'm a huge fan of his guitar-playing but I've only been playing about 1 or 2 years and I'd like to know what he did so I could get on the track to being as good as he is.
By listening to Malmsteen and Becker.
Practice,practice,practice seemed to be his motto.
Decide what you want to do and just work on it.

LordFireworm said:
holy.....SHIT!!! man, giggling fucking schoolgirl indeed. drooling in awe again, indeed.