I just saw Creed play!

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Ok folks, first things first, everyone sit down before I tell you this, because its BIG news. I mean BIG news. Usually life is just a series of days strung together that are all sort of the same and generally very boring :cry:

But TODAY! Today my friends is a different story! I was front row, in front of Mark Tremonti the whole show, and right at the end, he threw a pick and it went straight to my hand! STRAIGHT TO MY HAND I TELL YOU! :) Like it was on a string or something. I now have a good luck charm around my neck, so ladies, look out because one rub and you are powerless to resist me now ;)

He plays Dunlop 1mm picks for those who care (i.e. noone!)

Anyway, onto the concert, the funniest thing was the band they got to replace Sevendust was bad, and before they started everyone was swearing at them and telling them to get off, and wondering what happened to Sevendust (one of the band members mother died so they didnt come). Then every time a song would end, everyone would start a chant for Sevendust, and when he tried talking to the crowd it didnt work either, Ill give you an example:

Singer says "this next song is called runaway"
Someone in the crowd says "I wish you would run off stage, you suck!"
Cue crowd laughing themselves stupid.

That was one of the nice ones, I heard swear words used that would have made a sailor blush.
Also worthy of note was when they announced this was their last song, everyone cheered really loudly and swore at them some more :lol:
I almost felt sorry for them, but they really had no business sharing a stage with Creed, I can tell you that, but it was good for a laugh if nothing else :) So anyway, Crash Palace werent very good, I didnt yell at them or anything, I was too busy yawning as it had been a long day for poor little Spawny.

Then Creed came on, and all was made right with the world for 2 hours :) They had loads of fireworks and flash pots and everything, Troops would have been in absolute heaven, it was like a glam rock arena 80s show!
But the best part was the crowd was singing along like crazy to most of the songs, and as a few of you know, I love that on bootlegs, and its even more fun when you are there :headbang:
Highlights were:

With Arms Wide Open, you couldnt even hear Scotts voice over the crowd on this one, twas great! I dont care if its sappy, it was totally brilliant!

My Sacrifice, same reason, plus its just a great song and loads of fireworks went off because it was the last song.

Whats This Life For, at the end part, this big waterfall of sparks came out of the lights for the whole outro, it looked awesome, plus its one of my favourite songs ever :)

What If, when it kicked in with the heavy part everyone went nuts, it was cool.

Torn, this song just rocks.

Bullets, even heavier live, and everyone was going "Look at me" so loud you couldnt hear the band, I laughed in between singing :) It was the first song and a very good opener.

Higher, this one came on after lullaby, so everyone was happy they could finally wake up, that is to say, it was good, but we wanted to rock dammit :)

Hide, everyone I know who has the album loves this song and it seemed like everyone there did too, we all sung along too of course.

One Last Breath, probably my favourite track from Weathered and because its so quiet at the start all you could hear was the guitar occasionally and our voices. As Ronnie James Dio said, we rock.

Ok, thats a lot of highlights, but I had lots of fun :D

Only "bad" parts were that they did nearly every song off Weathered and I would have preferred other stuff in place of Lullaby, Freedom Fighter, Children Dont Stop Dancing and Weathered, but you cant win them all, and complaining just feels mean after such a good show.

God this is long, did anyone honestly read all of it? Dont feel bad, I would have skipped most of it, especially knowing what my posts are like sometimes :D

Did I mention I got Mark Tremontis pick?

Anyway, when I walked out I felt really depressed because I was having so much fun and now I have to go back to real life, but thats the sign of a good show isnt it? Creed rock, and you all missed a great show. Unless you went.

I was *this close* to catching one of Steve Morse's picks at the Deep Purple concert in 1998, but I was too uncoordinated and some other guy picked it up off the floor next to me. I wasn't happy :(

Originally posted by Spiff
I was *this close* to catching one of Steve Morse's picks at the Deep Purple concert in 1998, but I was too uncoordinated and some other guy picked it up off the floor next to me. I wasn't happy :(

You should of had him throw it STRAIGHT TO YOU, like I did :)

Actually, I know how you feel, before I got one thrown at me, one bounced off the crowd, and even though I told the security guy at the start if he picked on up that I wanted it, he gave it to the guy next to me :(

Yeah, the string on the hand thing is good, but I did mine the hard way. Maiden, Festsival Hall, '92. Come to the end, do their traditional strip off everything and throw it to the crowd bit. I was way up the back so I had no chance at anything, but that was OK 'cause I saw Maiden. Go home and forget about it. Skip forward 9 years. A fellow Maidenite at work come in one day and gives me Janick's wristband, saying he caught it at the show, he's doing a clean out and he'll throw it out out if I don't want want it. I want it. So now I have Janick's wristband. Even has his name on it and everything. :D

And Spawny: that Crash Palace story was funny, because the exact same thing happened with Judge Mercy who supported Maiden. Between every song there was a MAIDEN, MAIDEN chant set up, and boy were they cheered at when they left the stage. From memory they even cut the set short, 'cause the singer was swearing and generally being nasty to the crowd.

Sounds ike it was a top night!

Originally posted by phlogiston

And Spawny: that Crash Palace story was funny, because the exact same thing happened with Judge Mercy who supported Maiden. Between every song there was a MAIDEN, MAIDEN chant set up, and boy were they cheered at when they left the stage. From memory they even cut the set short, 'cause the singer was swearing and generally being nasty to the crowd.

Sounds ike it was a top night!

:lol: The singer for Crash Palace kinda just accepted the abuse, if he had started swearing back at everyone there would have been a riot! Someone even started a chant for Metallica as well, it was all getting out of hand :)

Throw out Janicks wristband? You know some people just have no damn respect :D

Hehe sounds like you had a great night :)

They had fireworks and stuff? Cool!!! Hehe.

HAHAHAHHAHAA I like your little "NP: Not Crash Palace" thing at the bottom hahahhaa!

I remember seeing Bruce wearing Jan's wristbands on that tour.
You should get it DNA tested...;)

Originally posted by The Trooper
Hehe sounds like you had a great night :)

They had fireworks and stuff? Cool!!! Hehe.

Oh yeah, lots of em, and flash pots and these flame throwing thingos too :headbang:

Sounds good dude! I'm going to the Melbourne show on Tuesday.

A bit disappointed about Sevendust pulling out though. Heh... I had a look at their message board last night, and their Aussie fans are NOT HAPPY! Kinda reminded me of something heheheheh

Saw Incubus on Wednesday too and they fucking kicked arse.

I'll be at the Melb gig Tuesday night also! Can't wait! Though I am quite pissed off about Sevendust pulling out. Is cool when you actually get to see a GOOD support band. Oh well...

I was *this* close to catching Paul Bostaph's drum stick at Slayer's festival hall gig a couple of years back. I was pretty far back, thinking 'I wish I was up the front, I might catch a guitar pick or something', and then Paul stands up and hurls his sticks into the crowd....the guy behind me caught it. :mad: ..I almost punched him in the face and took it. :heh:

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
and then Paul stands up and hurls his sticks into the crowd....the guy behind me caught it. :mad: ..I almost punched him in the face and took it. :heh:

:lol: Thats the spirit :D

Originally posted by Spiff

Yeah, unlucky there mate.
Steve actually gave me one of his picks personally backstage in Melbourne, and Roger Glover gave me one of his picks when I was in his hotel room in Adelaide.
Mu-hahahahahahaha :rolleyes:

Originally posted by spawn

But TODAY! Today my friends is a different story! I was front row, in front of Mark Tremonti the whole show, and right at the end, he threw a pick and it went straight to my hand! STRAIGHT TO MY HAND I TELL YOU! :)

I can beat that!
Judas priest concert: Glenn Tipton was handing out picks and gave one directly to me!!!!!!!!!! He didnt throw it either....handed it directly to me heeh :D Ian Hill also handed me a pick!!!!!! BEAT THAT!!!!!!!!!! :D

Ahhhhh what a concert that was! :D

Hey Spawn,
i had a totally different view of CREED.....the most boring show ever!!!!!!!!!!!I couldn't handle it...i was on the floor but towards the back and the crowd at the back of the floor wasn't doing much.Also,everyone else stayed sitting down in their seats

after 3 songs i wanted to be anywhere except at this gig.i went to the bar and got a drink and then went back inside.after another 2 songs Stevo asks if i want to go for another beer. While Stevo and i are having a beer my other 4 freinds i was with came out and said what a boring show it was.At this point we all decided to abandon the gig and go around the corner to the pub and get drunk!

The first time i have ever walked out of a concert at the entertainment centre!!

Originally posted by Cooperman
hehe I know someone who made out with Ian Hill after the concert in Melbourne... ewwww :puke:

:lol: Ian Hill rules at the concert. Just standing not doing anything - but still managing to look cool as hell.

But I wouldn't make out with him!

Originally posted by Ralphe
Hey Spawn,
i had a totally different view of CREED.....the most boring show ever!!!!!!!!!!!I couldn't handle it...i was on the floor but towards the back and the crowd at the back of the floor wasn't doing much.Also,everyone else stayed sitting down in their seats

after 3 songs i wanted to be anywhere except at this gig.i went to the bar and got a drink and then went back inside.after another 2 songs Stevo asks if i want to go for another beer. While Stevo and i are having a beer my other 4 freinds i was with came out and said what a boring show it was.At this point we all decided to abandon the gig and go around the corner to the pub and get drunk!

The first time i have ever walked out of a concert at the entertainment centre!!

Maybe it was because I was surrounded by die hard fans like myself and we all got into it by singing really loudly :D
Though I cant figure out why you wouldnt have enjoyed it :confused:
Were you a fan at all before you went? Everyone around me said it was brilliant (well from what I heard, I was just listening in on their conversations :) )
Oh well, if you had fun at the bar it wasnt a total loss, was it? :)

Originally posted by Ralphe
after 3 songs i wanted to be anywhere except at this gig.i went to the bar and got a drink and then went back inside.after another 2 songs Stevo asks if i want to go for another beer. While Stevo and i are having a beer my other 4 freinds i was with came out and said what a boring show it was. At this point we all decided to abandon the gig and go around the corner to the pub and get drunk!
Couldn't have said it better myself, mate. :D

The pyros were pretty spectacular, and the backdrop looked awesome under the lighting effects -- very majestic. Other than that, it was great to drink with Ralphe's camp. :cool:

Originally posted by spawn

Maybe it was because I was surrounded by die hard fans like myself and we all got into it by singing really loudly :D
Though I cant figure out why you wouldnt have enjoyed it :confused:
Were you a fan at all before you went? Everyone around me said it was brilliant (well from what I heard, I was just listening in on their conversations :) )
Oh well, if you had fun at the bar it wasnt a total loss, was it? :)

Actually,no i wasn't really a fan but i thought they might be woth checking out.My other friends were probably more fans(they have some of the CD's and i don't) but they came to the same conclusion as me and Stevo in the end!(it just took them a couple more songs!)

Yeah,we had fun at the pub...they had Karaoke so i got up and sung a couple of songs(very badly!).Then we came back to our local pub and finished up about 4am....not such a good idea when i was supposed to get up at 5.30am to go to work(never made it to work...woke up about 11am!)