I just saw Creed play!

well on the pick catching bit i at Lit's last concert here in Brisbane in '99 i think it was the Guitarist Jeremy Popoff threw his pick straight at ME!!...but he was staring at me the whole concert anyway..quite scary too..but him and the singer are both only 5' and a half foot tall :D

Ralphe, gee you seem to spend a lot of time at the bar at these gigs. Reminds of Kerrang mag which had a section titled "View from the Bar" ahh those were the days .
How in the hell are Ralphe .

Hey Bucko,
as you know we have had quite a few beers together at a couple of concerts but usually at the Ent Cent it is only befroe and after the concert(not during the show)

Anyway,i'm doing good...just about to have 3 weeks holiday and take on a ROAD TRIP north featuring the following locations
Port Macquarie....three nights(just to break up the journey)
Byron Bay.....1 week(East Coast Blues Festival....meeting up with Jason who will be flying up just for the Easter weekend)
Sunshine Coast....2 nights(meeting up with a couple of good freinds who moved up there a couple of years ago)
Brisbane...2 nights(going to Ballymore on the Sat night to watch the Qld Reds Super 12)
Gold Coast...5 nights(theme parks!)
Port Macquarie...1 night(then drive back in time to make the Dungeon harbour cruise)
:cool:

Pearl Jam is ok, but Creed is WAY better!! Pearl Jam wouldnt know how to rock if you dropped a massive boulder on the bastards! :D

Try telling the Creed singer that, he seems to think he's playing Eddie Vedder in a Pearl Jam tribute band :D

Of all singers to imitate, why would you choose the one with the most annoying, moany voice ever?

Originally posted by The Trooper
Try telling the Creed singer that, he seems to think he's playing Eddie Vedder in a Pearl Jam tribute band :D

Of all singers to imitate, why would you choose the one with the most annoying, moany voice ever?

He did sound a lot like him on My Own Prison, but on the other 2 albums he doesnt :D

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg

He has come into his own on the second and third albums anyway. :)

Yep, I agree, in fact, he sounds very different on those 2 compared to the first I think, probably just "finding his voice" or whatever it is that singers do :)

Never caught a pick or drumstick (probably because I have the reflexes of a dead goldfish) but I did get to meet Bruce Kulick and Eric Singer backstage when KISS toured in '95.

What a night that was, though I didn't recognise King of the Night Time World (opening song) because I hadn't listened to it for years :lol:

Glad to hear you enjoyed the show, Spawn. I must say Creed don't do a lot for me, but they have a knack for writing songs that get stuck in your brain whether you want them to or not :).

W

Originally posted by Wrathchild

Glad to hear you enjoyed the show, Spawn. I must say Creed don't do a lot for me, but they have a knack for writing songs that get stuck in your brain whether you want them to or not :).

W

Probably because radio play them incessantly nowadays! :D

Ok, here's my gig review from last night. :)

Crash Palace: after hearing that Sevendust had pulled out, I was mighty pissed off, and didn't expect much from these guys, but they really weren't that bad. I didn't really get into them or anything, but they had a couple of good songs. Heard worse support acts anyhow. :)

Bullets: awesome opener, and heavy as hell live.
Freedom Fighter: disagree with Spawny, this one was great, there was a few other songs I may have traded for some of their older stuff, but not this one. :)
What If: man, AWESOME! This one got the crowd moving, and just went off! Awesome song, and awesome pyro! :heh:
Say I: was happy they played this one, as I heard an mp3 of them playing it live, and it sounded good. Didn't disappoint.

I would rather they have played some older stuff, and left out some of the newer stuff (Don't Stop Dancing & Lullaby should have been replaced with Torn & Ode...), but I guess, it did make me like the new album alot more.

One Last Breath: one of my fav songs from Weathered, and it was even better live. Loud crowds are great! Really add to the atmosphere!

With Arms Wide Open, Higher, & My Sacrifice were all awesome, just because of the crowd participation, twas great! And as Spawny said, the pyro rain at the end of What's This Life For was one of the highlights of the night. Good shit!

Awesome backdrop and stage setup too! One of the best I have ever seen! :D

My only complaint was that they didn't play my favourite song, ODE! ..but oh well, was still a great show! :D

Ahh! You got Say I! I was hoping they would play that in Sydney! :)
Though we got Torn instead, so I guess I shouldnt complain too much, and I agree with you, they SHOULD have played Ode, that would rock live :headbang:

Sounds like the crowd was a LOT nicer to Crash Palace down there too :D

Ralphe sounds good to me, I start Holidays that weekend but we are susposed to be going camping down in Bright (Vic ) for a couple of weeks - school holidays . May have to leave our camping trip until the Monday 15th.
Ok to do the usual and crash at your place.

Originally posted by spawn

Probably because radio play them incessantly nowadays! :D

I think this was where i screwed up...going to see a band that has been played to death on radio(well, a couple of songs anyway)...........what the hell was i thinking!!!