I Just Noticed Something

Blackwater Demon

Using Cold Words
Mar 30, 2008
Under The Weaping Moon
Well actually I noticed it the other night but does anyone think the mini bass solos near the beginning of Ghost Of Perdition sounds kinda like the beginning to The Grudge by Tool? I was listening to the Roundhouse Tapes and though they sounded alot alike. It could just be me though.

Ghost of Perdition always seemed a little "Toolish" to me. That's why I love it! Yes, there might be similarities to the riff you're referring to, but definetely not a rip off. Check Dream Theater's "Home" and "The great Debate" to see *exactly* what a rip off means! Talk about completely stealing 46+2! But that's for another forum.

Ghost of Perdition does sound a lot like Tool. Home and The great debate by DT also sounds like Tool but I dont think it is a rip off. DT does "borrow" a lot of similar stuff from other musicians but they make it so much more complex which is great.

Ghost of Perdition always seemed a little "Toolish" to me. That's why I love it! Yes, there might be similarities to the riff you're referring to, but definetely not a rip off. Check Dream Theater's "Home" and "The great Debate" to see *exactly* what a rip off means! Talk about completely stealing 46+2! But that's for another forum.

haha never noticed that, i love both songs

There's a lot of rhythmic signatures on the record that reminds me of Tool. Definitely their craziest cd rhythmically.