I just tabbed "Light of Day, Day of Darkness"

Eon Blue

Mar 4, 2004
Yeah...so I made it my goal to tab out all of "Light of Day, Day of Darkness" by Green Carnation. And guess what? I did it. It's perfect...at least I think so. It's not really that difficult to play on guitar. I didn't do the bass part. So far I have yet to see someone tab it out on the internet. I probably won't be putting it up on the internet for a while on account of I don't know how, and right now it's just hand written.

If any of you have not yet heard this song, you must go out and buy it now. It's an hour long and my favorite song of all time. I'm sure you've all heard it by now, anyways.

But anyways...I'm so proud of myself. Twas a good time.

Eon Blue said:
Yeah...so I made it my goal to tab out all of "Light of Day, Day of Darkness" by Green Carnation. And guess what? I did it. It's perfect...at least I think so. It's not really that difficult to play on guitar. I didn't do the bass part. So far I have yet to see someone tab it out on the internet. I probably won't be putting it up on the internet for a while on account of I don't know how, and right now it's just hand written.

If any of you have not yet heard this song, you must go out and buy it now. It's an hour long and my favorite song of all time. I'm sure you've all heard it by now, anyways.

But anyways...I'm so proud of myself. Twas a good time.
\\

If you know note durations and time sigs for all of it, you should convert it into powertab! Or, scan it all and send it to me and I'll do it? EZ!

omg, do the bass tabs too:) and convert it into powertab or guitarpro... oh well, do whatever you want

Guys guys guys...it wasnt that hard. Listen to the song carefully...it's a lot of the same riffs in the second half. The only hard part was the guitar solo. You would think there were lots of guitar parts going at once, too...but really there's only a very few sections with more than 2 guitar parts, both are usually pretty distinct.

Basically that whole song is just about 50 hella cool riffs just arranged so it sounds like so much more. I'm pretty sure this is the most perfectly structured song ever. I was trying to put it into Powertab earlier today. What I might end up doing is putting each riff in separately and then putting a big thing on how the riffs are arranged, because I really have no idea how to work most of that shit...I mean I know lots of musical theory and stuff but I really need to figure out a good portion of that program.

Oh, and hand-written, the tab is 31 pages long, so yeah it would take me a long time for powertab.

But seriously...it wasn't that hard. Took me 2 days, and I'm really not that good at guitar...I just had a lot of CD-pausing. And it's in drop D. The bass part from what I've heard is actually pretty impressive...it's Tchort playing it, right?

estimate said:
Edge of Sanity - Crimson. 40 minute-track/album.
I know someone who tabbed out MOST of that song in powertab, and then they had a HARD DRIVE CRASH and were so pissed off that they refused to start again. I believe it was THE FOREVERLORN on powertabs.net. Hooray! :D