I just tried creating new tones myself

ahjteam

Anssi Tenhunen
...and I literally mean new "tones", not songs. Not metal in anyway, but you might still like it ;) It's kinda like a chorus of a popsong, but still not. All are pretty much first takes except vocals are third take as I just couldn't produce anything from my mouth that even remotely reminded singing, so I just hummed. The tracks and instrumentation I used:

demo_heydontyouknow.jpg

- RHYTHM GUITAR: Ibanez Artcore AM73 electric guitar, that I tried to make sound like an acoustic guitar. Miced with a t.bone MB60 to get the sound from the strings (...and yes, they are cheap and yes, they do suck), I also blended in the DI-signal for the bottom end. Then added Guitar Suite Rednef Twin plugin and some EQ to the DI track and Guitar Suite Tubescreamer plugin and some drastic EQ for the mic track
- LEAD GUITAR: The lead guitar was with the same micing, processing was Guitar Suite Rednef Twin and some EQ for the DI, and only EQ for the mic. Then they go to a group where there is the Steinberg Double Delay
- SHAKER: Shaker was made from an empty beer can and few grains of bread crumbs, miced with Röde NT5. No other processing except EQ, highpass at 1khz and a boost at 3khz and highshelf
- DEMO VOX: I just hummed the vocal melody "naanaananaananaananaananaa...", mainly because I can't sing :heh: Miced with NT5 as well, then it went thru EQ, Steinberg Datube, SPL DeEsser, Steinberg Reverb A, Waves Renessaince Vox compressor and highpass filter
- DRUMS: The drums are just that I drummed my legs o_O Miced with SM57 and then it went thru many distortion plugs. the last two plugins are pretty much the key ingredient for the drum sound, but here is the chain: QuadraFuzz, Steinberg Overdrive, SSL LMC-1, Camel Crusher, then some EQ, ePhonic LOFI and then Waves Renessaince Bass to generate the low end, which was lost in the LOFI
- BASS: LTD B-50 bassguitar, I got lazy. First some EQ, then Flux BitterSweet, Steinberg Magneto and Waves C4 to tame the low end (nothing super drastic tho)

All are tracked thru SM Pro Audio PR8E preamp (which I can't recommend for anyone for anything else serious except using it for triggers, because it sounds really fucking harsh, I'm getting something better when I get some more money). In the master bus there is YOU WA SHOCK!, RoomWorks reverb, just a slight 2dB highshelf EQ boost and W1 limiter

http://www.ahjteam.com/upload/demo_heydontyouknow.mp3 (~1mb)

Comments?

edit: BTW, do notice that its 5:50AM here :heh:

Nah man, it's a compliment.
I just sent this to a few friends and they digged it too.

Total DIY haha.

Sweet Jesus Abyss...
...dude!!come on...aahha arhhhhhhgg...
...put back the hot chick photo again!!!!!!!!