Tried ABG's new G-Spot amp

HAHA Erk you ready for more tweaking...:)

Use the Scope in G-SPOT to look at how the wave looks in WARP, Then, simply adjust G-SPOT until you get a similar looking wave..

So record a distorted track and play that back using G-SPOT. Select the G-SPOT scope, then make sure you have "Input" on the scope selected. When you select "Input" that is a representation of the dry signal before any G-SPOT processing. So in this case it is going to let you see what the wave looks like coming from WARP. Now stop playback of the warp track and select Output levels on the scope, that will be what the G-SPOT wave looks like...Now simply crank all your bass mid and treble knobs to full. Adjust your gain stage and character to match the wave shape from Warp. Also the warp track must be recorded without a Cabinet...All the scope readings in G-SPOT are not including a cabinet, they are from within the head itself..

fast på det här forumet så finns ju alla förutsättningar för bråk! :D

Damn, så sant! =/

HAHA Erk you ready for more tweaking...:)

Use the Scope in G-SPOT to look at how the wave looks in WARP, Then, simply adjust G-SPOT until you get a similar looking wave..

So record a distorted track and play that back using G-SPOT. Select the G-SPOT scope, then make sure you have "Input" on the scope selected. When you select "Input" that is a representation of the dry signal before any G-SPOT processing. So in this case it is going to let you see what the wave looks like coming from WARP. Now stop playback of the warp track and select Output levels on the scope, that will be what the G-SPOT wave looks like...Now simply crank all your bass mid and treble knobs to full. Adjust your gain stage and character to match the wave shape from Warp. Also the warp track must be recorded without a Cabinet...All the scope readings in G-SPOT are not including a cabinet, they are from within the head itself..

Yea I noticed the scope in G-Spot was really cool but I'm not sure how successful I'll be in adjusting the tone by looking at the scope. I have no experience with this so I will probably not know what to tweak in order to alter the shape the way I want. Trial and error will probably be what I'll be using and as we all know, that can get tiresome really fast. Anyway, I will try atleast and I will also try more tone tweaking in general in G-Spot. Did you receive my message on Facebook about G-Spot?

I'll see when I have spare time to sit for a few hours doing nothing but tweaking guitar tones :)

Yep sure did, and that G-SPOT issue is being fixed...For everyone else to know...Erkan mentioned a flaw in G-SPOT where it was crashing Reaper upon removal of G-SPOT...Anyways, I only get that in Reaper not in Cubase, Nuendo, Cakewalk, or any other DAW...So, its not a reaper issue exclusively, there is something that G-SPOT is doing that reaper does not like. But, its troubling how it only happens in Reaper..I'm Certainly not trying to place the blame on Reaper, thats for sure, But I would like to know what they are doing different than Steinberg or Roland...
KM

Yep sure did, and that G-SPOT issue is being fixed...For everyone else to know...Erkan mentioned a flaw in G-SPOT where it was crashing Reaper upon removal of G-SPOT...Anyways, I only get that in Reaper not in Cubase, Nuendo, Cakewalk, or any other DAW...So, its not a reaper issue exclusively, there is something that G-SPOT is doing that reaper does not like. But, its troubling how it only happens in Reaper..I'm Certainly not trying to place the blame on Reaper, thats for sure, But I would like to know what they are doing different than Steinberg or Roland...
KM

I get the same problem, when ever I close G-SPOT or get rid of it from a track, it fucks with my shit, making it get stuck and forcing me to restart the computer.

Notuern...

Cool I didn't think you owned that POD, Did you buy one?

Got one back in like 2006 or something like that, sold my shitty cheap Randall Solid-State head, bought a TubeWorks MosValve Poweramp and used my XT and that through my 4*12, got some pretty awesome tones out of that one! :)
Now i sold my Pod to my dad as i got a better soundcard for just "jamming out", and a set of tube amps to give me the sound i want! ;)

You don't understand because you don't have G-SPOT on your system. You're probably thinking its the same as every other head, in fact it is a whole lot different...If you did have G-SPOT you would not say that. You instead would say that Erkans sound with G-SPOT sounds like a really old Zoom-pedal, Not G-SPOT sounds like a really old Zoom-pedal. That is the equivalent of listening to one person's mix in Reaper and saying that Reaper is too bassy...Its not reaper, its that mix done in Reaper that is too bassy. Reaper only does what you tell it to do, just like G-SPOT, G-SPOT only does what you tell it to do..

Yeah, i was more commenting on this clip.. dont have a clue about what G-Spot is, but im guessing its that project you where talking about back in the day?
Where you could redesign the entire amp to suit your needs?

Yep...exactly...

Well like I have always said, there is only one place to get a Marshall sound...Thats from a Marshall.
KM

Mucky...
Damn now you see I wish I could make my stuff do that on command...Hell I could play a practical joke on a whole lot of people at once...:) Nevertheless, thats an issue that obviously will be dealt with when this is out of beta..AND..it is officially released.

KM

Btw Ken, I would actually say it's a REAPER issue rather than G-Spot.. atleast it feels like it. I have come across MANY plugins that have crashed REAPER upon unloading, and they didn't crash Ableton Live which I was using before switching to REAPER. The switch to REAPER has really given me head aches because I've had to go on a plugin crusade to find all plugins that REAPER didn't like. The developers fail to acknowledge this and blames it on plugins 100% of the time. If it wasn't for the fact that REAPER is an awesome DAW for PC while being cheap, I would never switch to REAPER.. it's such a whiny little bitch! =(

Erkan..LOL Perhaps, but either way, ABG is 100% supportive of Justin, Schwa, and the Reaper users, so, either way we have to find a fix for it, and we will, its just a matter of time. We have had many many problems like this in the past with other DAWs as well.

The very worst thing any developer can do IMO is lay the blame at the feet of another developer or system. Unless of course its Microsoft, we can blame them for everything..:) and...Usually do, so really this is Microsoft issue..:) Well I guess we'll just have to wait for the new SP to come out...Just joking..We'll find the fix..
KM

Forefront...Check your PM...This is a beta!!!

I know this is an old thread, but for completness sake I just wanted to point out, some of G-Spot was remade into what is now called Head Case. I hae not put out too much information on it, but if you're interested, here's a thread that I used to start writig the manual. Release date is set for December 8th 2011, we were trying for December 1, but we just could not get everything we needed to do, done at that time..

This response may be a little weird, so be prepared.

I actually prefer the G-Spot tone, because for whatever reason, the Warp tone is "too tight" for the style you're going for. The GS tone is a bit looser and slightly warmer.