I knew it...

I'm fairly sure we don't have the same conception of just what that might be once achieved. I don't like your politics.

I'm fairly sure we don't have the same conception of just what that might be once achieved. I don't like your politics.

I don't care. A lot of people dont like Howards politics; doesn't negate the fact that he's a good PM.

See Dan, the thing is, economists and people with money have no concept of what works in a real world, when the struggle to pay bills and put food on the table at the same time is part of daily life. I have the same issue with Sydo, he's a nice bloke, but he has no idea because he was born into money and has had it his whole life.

I'm a good position now where I don't struggle, but I still won't forget what it's like to eat $2 worth of pasta for dinner. Honestly, unless you've lived on the wrong side of the great financial divide, you will never understand what people like a lot of guys on this forum think. Calling them Pinko's because they beleive in helping someone who is down is fucking naive, insensitive and wrong. "Oh, but we have a 17 billion dollar surplus" Yes, we do, we also have people starving everynight sleeping in back lanes.

While I don't profess to know what it is like to struggle financially in life, I think it's silly to suggest that economists don't know what real life is about. In fact I'd suggest that economist have a good grasp of it, only some choose not to care.

Dän;6511329 said:
While I don't profess to know what it is like to struggle financially in life, I think it's silly to suggest that economists don't know what real life is about. In fact I'd suggest that economist have a good grasp of it, only some choose not to care.

i don't think anyone said that.

the thing is though... take me as an example. I have a morgage for my flat. It's not a hell of a lot of money, because it's not a new flashy place. I got it for cheap because it was run down and my dad helped me fix it up a bit.

then i got sacked from my job, due to taking a week & a half off sick. First time i ever had time off sick in 3 years.

So now I am studying to get my security licence again so i can go back to security work. If I go back to working nights and weekends (and nights on weekends), they'll have to pay me enough that I'll be able to scrape through and not lose my home + still be able to eat every day. But one of the the goals of Howard's Work Choices was to take those penalty rates away. That means a lot of people like me would lose their homes. If they have kids to support, god help them. As it is... without working weekends and nights, it's impossible to make ends meet.

BUT your average liberal supporter / economist type doesn't seem to understand REAL LIFE SITUATIONS like that. Rather they would remind you of how well the economy is doing and how the companies can afford to employ more people due to the flexibility of the new system. Yes. The new system allows the flexibility to make people work a saturday night shift for 14 dollars an hour instead of 28.

See Dan, the thing is, economists and people with money have no concept of what works in a real world, when the struggle to pay bills and put food on the table at the same time is part of daily life. I have the same issue with Sydo, he's a nice bloke, but he has no idea because he was born into money and has had it his whole life.

I'm a good position now where I don't struggle, but I still won't forget what it's like to eat $2 worth of pasta for dinner. Honestly, unless you've lived on the wrong side of the great financial divide, you will never understand what people like a lot of guys on this forum think. Calling them Pinko's because they beleive in helping someone who is down is fucking naive, insensitive and wrong. "Oh, but we have a 17 billion dollar surplus" Yes, we do, we also have people starving everynight sleeping in back lanes.

Well said Koich :headbang:

As I said up there, AWAs seem fine and dandy now, but once everyone's on them and employers know exactly how much power it gives them, anyone who's on one will be screwed. Howard's going to retire after the election now anyway. Why doesn't he bite the bullet, call the election and hand over to Costello now?

Dän;6511329 said:

My biggest gripe however comes from where I vote. These days I vote almost purely on environmental lines. It's the only one where they truly seperate.

Tell me from an economical viewpoint such as yours, what the fuck has Howard the champ done for the environment.

Before you mention the unprecedented amount of areas that have been turned into national parks, that was the state governments.

Economic rationalists don't go to national parks anyway, because there's little money to be made from them.