I love death metal

PESTILENCE - TESTIMONY OF THE ANCIENTS!!!!!!
NOCTURNUS - THRESHOLDS
SUFFOCATION - PIERCED FROM WITHIN
EDGE OF SANITY - CRIMSON
MORBID ANGEL - BLESSED ARE THE SICK
DISCARNATE - DREAMS OF THE CARRION KIND

I may be drunk, but these albums rule!!!!

Fuck melodeath......QQQQQQ

Seriously.... I rule.

Choose an album between these, I dare you! These albums have been spinning nonstop for me lately. Does anyone else dig that Discarnate album as much as I do?

I choose Crimson, even though Spectral Sorrows and Unorthodox are Eos' best.

I'm with you on loving death metal, although none of those bands you listed are among my favorites.

I'm starting to love latter-day Aeternus, and I'm even coming around with that Mithras album. I really like those interlude thingies they do.

And of course The Chasm, Rudra, Hypocrisy and Hollenthon.

Asphyx owns old school.

I've never heard any Discarnate or Nocturnus. :erk:

That Pestilence album is just phenomenal. I listened to that back to back once with some Aeternus, and it was like I went from the ghostly mountain forests and into a fortress chamber of secret passages and underground carnage.

JayKeeley said:
I've never heard any Discarnate or Nocturnus. :erk:

That Pestilence album is just phenomenal. I listened to that back to back once with some Aeternus, and it was like I went from the ghostly mountain forests and into a fortress chamber of secret passages and underground carnage.

D00d... that Pestilence is phenomenal, especially "Twisted Through"! How is Spheres?

I re-read your review and it describes it perfectly. TotA is almot the perfect DM album... fast, mid-paced, and like you said, even a bit funeral doom!

You HAVE to hear Discanrate. You'd love it!

I have the entire Asphyx catalogue, as well as the lone Soulburn album.

The Rack, s/t, and the Soulburn album are the best from these blokes IMO.

One death metal band that I do need to get albums of is Autopsy. I remember hearing Mental Funeral, man it was great. heavy bong induced muddy slow death metal.

Q-bert was a cool game.

anyone heard the first two Pestilence albums besides PJ? I know he loves 'em, and I probably would too since Van Drunen is on vocals.

Black Winter Day said:
D00d... that Pestilence is phenomenal, especially "Twisted Through"! How is Spheres?

I re-read your review and it describes it perfectly. TotA is almot the perfect DM album... fast, mid-paced, and like you said, even a bit funeral doom!

"Twisted Truth" is my favourite song on the album, but yeah, the whole thing is a masterpiece. Listen to the guitar work (especially the solo) on "Land of Tears" also, it's just outstanding.

Avoid Spheres, unless you like jazz bands like Cynic.

J. said:
anyone heard the first two Pestilence albums besides PJ? I know he loves 'em, and I probably would too since Van Drunen is on vocals.

He doesn't have the first one, 'cos I bought it off him. :loco: (Unless he had a spare, heh). It's ok - doesn't touch Testimony. Haven't heard the other one yet....I should.