I love death metal

CRYPTOPSY!!!!! "Crown of Thorns" with the Exorcist intro...that demon scream at the beginning shits me up on headphones....and then Lord Worm's barking dag vocals. So funny, they're brilliant.

Since my bathroom is flooding, I think I'll toss on WHERE THE SLIME LIVE, because they are the lowest forms of life.

Møøse, how can you not at least like THAT song? WTF.

JayKeeley said:
CRYPTOPSY!!!!! "Crown of Thorns" with the Exorcist intro...that demon scream at the beginning shits me up on headphones....and then Lord Worm's barking dag vocals. So funny, they're brilliant.

I thought that was the T-Rex scream from Jurasic park, then you here the palientoligist say "They do that rather well, dont they?" I could be wrong though, its been forever since ive seen the Exorcist.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
I thought that was the T-Rex scream from Jurasic park, then you here the palientoligist say "They do that rather well, dont they?" I could be wrong though, its been forever since ive seen the Exorcist.

No, it's not Jurassic Park. Actually, I'm slightly wrong too, but I'll clarify: it's from Exorcist III when Father Karras is sitting in his solitary confinement with George C Scott.

Plus the quote is, "I do that rather well......don't you think?". This he says after he lets out the demon roar.

By the way, considering how extraordinary the first part was, The Exorcist III is probably one of the greatest sequels in history. If you haven't seen it, I give it my highest recommendation. Best horror film you've probably never seen.

At The Gates - The Red in The Sky is Ours
Carnage - Dark Recollections
Decide - Legion
Dismember - Like an Ever Flowing Stream
Grave -Into The Grave
Immolation - Here in After
Incantation - Onward to Golgotha
Morbid Angel - Blessed are The Sick
Suffocation - Effigy of The Forgotten

Get these NOW.

I actually picked up one of V5's recommendations a while ago, and listened to "Kronos - Colossal Titan Strife". It was actually rather enjoyable, for death metal, at least. The riffs were very good.

Well damn. I never even saw the Exorcist III come to think of it. Ohh well, I suppose a possesed person would be more suitable than a dinosaur roar for cryptopsy anyway.

Heartwork + Domination = all you need

But collecting more is fun. I like how death metal has such unique groups, like Edge of Sanity, Hypocrisy, Carcass, Morbid Angel, Opeth, Nile, Suffocation, Cannibal Corpse, and many others all have their own real sound.

I'm starting to understand all the praise for The Karelian Isthmus, but I still prefer Tales from the 1000 Lakes.

Edge of Sanity is an old favourite band of mine, but as much as I love Crimson, there's something intangible missing from it... anyone know what I'm talking about or am I completely nuts? :zombie:

Demilich said:
Edge of Sanity is an old favourite band of mine, but as much as I love Crimson, there's something intangible missing from it... anyone know what I'm talking about or am I completely nuts? :zombie:

Word. I agree. It's a great album, but yeah, there's just something....off.

I lke Purgatory Afterglow as well, but the songs just don't blend well together. It's like the band recorded the album over a few months, coming to the studio in various moods.

Spectral Sorrows and Unorthodox is the band's pinnacle.

Crimson is not a masterpiece, but not many albums are. So if that's what you mean, I get it.

Agreed about Purgatory Afterglow, but I still dig the crap out of that album. Although I think Spectral Sorrows has worse consistency. But again, I dig the crap out of that one.

I'm back on this kick, apparently...

First:
DEATH - ITP

up next

DISMEMBER - Like an Everflowing Stream

J. said:
I lke Purgatory Afterglow as well, but the songs just don't blend well together. It's like the band recorded the album over a few months, coming to the studio in various moods.
all post-"unorthodox" albums except "crimson" were like that, and it's really one of edge of sanity's greatest weaknesses that they could never really make a wholly coherent album after "unorthodox". the band always seemed fragmented in what they wanted to accomplish, and noone put the foot down and say "WE'RE HEADING THIS WAY AND FUCK YOU IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT". i mean "spectral sorrows", yes it's great, but how the fuck do you explain sacrificed and feedin' the charlatan?

Erik said:
all post-"unorthodox" albums except "crimson" were like that, and it's really one of edge of sanity's greatest weaknesses that they could never really make a wholly coherent album after "unorthodox". the band always seemed fragmented in what they wanted to accomplish, and noone put the foot down and say "WE'RE HEADING THIS WAY AND FUCK YOU IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT".

which is why i say Unorthodox is the band's best.