I love death metal

im on an old school death metal kick. i cant listen to the new stuff. doesnt have soul. I think the Necrophobic album is responsible for this kick.

which ones, if any, are essential by these bands: Dismember, Unleashed, Grave, God Macabre, Carnage, Atheist, Therion.

I want to get that Testimony of the Ancients album.

get some old school Suffocation, but I think you already professed your hate towards them in the past ...

I think you are looking for more of the simplistic death/n/roll style DM ... hmm ... i think you covered the good ones ... try SLAUGHTER from Canada ... the Strappado disc ... this fucker rules big time ... really simple groovy stuff

suffo, immolation and most of the -tion bands do nothing for me. dont like too much death n roll. dont like entombed.

JayKeeley said:
I'll clarify: it's from Exorcist III when Father Karras is sitting in his solitary confinement with George C Scott.

Plus the quote is, "I do that rather well......don't you think?". This he says after he lets out the demon roar.

By the way, considering how extraordinary the first part was, The Exorcist III is probably one of the greatest sequels in history. If you haven't seen it, I give it my highest recommendation. Best horror film you've probably never seen.

I definitely have WAY too much useless information floating around in my head.

Krigloch the Furious said:
Suffocation :kickass:

Suffocation is such a fucking great band ... the fucking steamrolle grooves and rythms they get into once they flow are unmatched.

and anyone who cannot get heads down from BLOOD RED THRONE is just a tad bit pink around the edges :loco:

lurch70 said:
and anyone who cannot get heads down from BLOOD RED THRONE is just a tad bit pink around the edges :loco:

none of these new second tier bands like brt and decapitated. it was done better back in the day.

im gonna order some more necrophobic. nocturnal silence has turned me into a fan. definitely for fans of the dissection/sacramentum sound, just a little more death metal than black metal.

JayKeeley said:
I definitely have WAY too much useless information floating around in my head.
lol, i didnt read any of the previous posts and i already know youre talking about cryptopsy :headbang: bruce campbell is on that album too, at the end. :kickass: