I love death metal

is that massacre album worth grabbing?

ive been playing nothing but DM lately. Death's Symbolic and Leprosy, Asphyx's The Rack, and some Bolt Thrower.

I personally think that From Beyond is a superb album, and fairly underrated when you consider how many other bands from the scene get namedropped before them. It's really a straightforward thrashing death metal attack, basically. Some people say that the production is a bit too sterile, but most of the people I've heard this from were the old guys who grew up listening to the band's demo tapes and were used to the songs as they sounded on the demos.

i might grab it. i prefer the floridian style to the swedish one.

what's everyone's take on runemagick? ive never heard any of their doom/death albums.

I always thought Massacre and Master was vastly overrated and were held on a high pedestal simply beacuse of the parties involved.

that being said, I think you might enjoy Massacre J. :loco:

I always thought Massacre and Master was vastly overrated and were held on a high pedestal simply beacuse of the parties involved.

I never cared much for Master so I can't really say but I respectfully disagree that Massacre was overrated. While I agree that the average fan would eat them up based on the line-up alone, I couldn't care less. Six Feet Under sucked from day one but I enjoyed and respected what the members all came from. Massacre broke no new ground, but they put out a solid album that I still enjoy.

i just never investigated the classics too much. i got into asphyx, the chasm, amorphis, bolt thrower, and the swedish NWOMDM, and then promptly moved to black metal

no worries.

i still remember finding amorphis' tales from the thousand lakes at blockbuster music and buying it because of the cool cover art. my first death metal album........

one florida band i would like to hear is obituary.

also autopsy's severed survival.

I don't think you'll like Obituary but Autopsy should really be up your alley ... really dirty, grungy, death metal. Critical Madness on Severed Survival is wort the price of admission alone.

ran to the local music store before my eye appointment. got there at 10 (when they open), and waited 20 minutes for the fucker to open up. since i waited, he gave me a pick of a free used CD

I paid under $10 for both Autopsy and Melechesh CDs.

FYI: these contacts make my eyes feel like they're on fire.

i know it's considered pussy death metal, but I still dig Skydancer after all these years. DT's best IMO.