I love death metal

I cant believe I used to think that was some clip from Jurassic Park :lol:

None so Vile is tied with Carcass' "Necroticism" for the best death metal album ever btw.

i love necroticism. i tend to think The Rack is one of the best ever. and honestly, i still love listening to Unorthodox and conjuration of the spectral empire.

anyone still listen tp elvenifris?

well i've been reading, and Massacra is suppose to be straight up death thrash. dont lke slayer but i havent given up on this type of sound, which is where massacra comes in, with a sound more deathy

thanks Henrik. most people are pointing to onward to golgotha and diabolical conquest and some MCD as Incantation's best.

Unanimated are suppose to sound sound like Velvet Creation and Somberlain, but (and it is a big but), Unanimated's stuff was released back in the early 90's. So like North From Here, it was probably ignored.

Anyone know about Demigod's "Slumber of Sullen Eyes"? It was re-released, so it's easy to get now. Worth getting?

J. said:
thanks Henrik. most people are pointing to onward to golgotha and diabolical conquest and some MCD as Incantation's best.

Unanimated are suppose to sound sound like Velvet Creation and Somberlain, but (and it is a big but), Unanimated's stuff was released back in the early 90's. So like North From Here, it was probably ignored.

Anyone know about Demigod's "Slumber of Sullen Eyes"? It was re-released, so it's easy to get now. Worth getting?

"Onward To Golgotha" is an excellent release. It's got a distinct old-school feel to it, but it's still one of the most brutal releases from the early 90s. "Diabolical Conquest" is another quality release of theirs, perhaps a bit more epic in its approach than "Onward".

"Mortal Throne Of Nazarene" is also worth checking out - one of the heaviest and most intense DM records ever, featuring the most skullcrushing basstone in the history of brutal DM. I'd also give "Decimate Christendom", their 2004 effort, a chance if I were you.

Demigod and Unanimated are mandatory for all ANUSites. I'm not particularly keen on any of them, but you may very well end up digging them.

Henrik Main said:
Demigod and Unanimated are mandatory for all ANUSites. I'm not particularly keen on any of them, but you may very well end up digging them.

Ah, so that's where they come in. I do read ANUS for the reviews, but cant understand them. THough I read forums a lot more as well as CoC and those albums are sometimes recommended. I've just ben on a blackened death kick with Dissection, Eucharist and Necrophobic, and I read I thnk on M-A that unamimated is a wise choice.

JayKeeley said:
He doesn't have the first one, 'cos I bought it off him. :loco: (Unless he had a spare, heh). It's ok - doesn't touch Testimony. Haven't heard the other one yet....I should.

Consuming Impulse is the counterpoint to Morbid Angel's Altars Of Madness.

Those were the two all extreme death metal was gauged against at that point in time.

And, J, Incantation (all of it) is mandatory.

been getting back into death metal. enjoying Death a lot. gathering up gorguts and atheist. anyone else still play the oldies?

OMG A POST ABOUT METAL?

Playlist:

Darkified - A Dance On The Grave
Edge Of Sanity - Unorthodox
Sargatanas - The Enlightenment
Entombed - Left Hand Path
Amorphis - The Karelian Isthmus
Massacre - From Beyond
Depravity - Silence Of The Centuries
Demigod - Slumber Of Sullen Eyes