I love death metal

Immolation is a must J. That album is actually my favorite by the band, but like ars said, you can't go wrong with them. Their 2007 album 'shadows in the light' ruled immensely (and the e.p that goes with it had a great death metal instrumental).

Another dm band you should check out; dead congregation. Some influences from immolation which is never a bad thing. dodens and swizzle will back me on this :loco:

the new amon amarth is solid. i like it more than the last one.

what's the verdict on deathevokation? i keep reading hints of amorphis and unleashed in their sound

Deathevokation has been one of the more refreshing old school death metal acts in recent times, without a doubt. The Chalice Of Ages was very high on my list last year. A split with some band, I can't remember exactly who (it might be Tzun Tzu?) is in the works, scheduled to come out through Nuclear War Now next year probably.

Edit: it's a split 7" with Graveyard (Esp), and it's supposed to be out this year, but we'll see about that.

cool. i ordered it from gorespastic records or something for $10 p/p

honestly, is any cannibal corpse worth hearing? im just asking in case i see one for cheap.

im going after immolation, runemagick and dismember first.

so, Terrorizer's Top 40 Death Metal:

1. Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
2. Deicide - Deicide
3. Entombed - Left Hand Path
4. Death - Leprosy
5. Carcass - Necroticism: Descanting the Insalubrious
6. Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten
7. Obituary - Slowly We Rot
8. Morbid Angel - Blessed are the Sick
9. Autopsy - Mental Funeral
10. Atheist - Unquestionable Presence
11. Repulsion - Horrified
12. Cannibal Corpse - Tomb of the Mutilated
13. Death - Human
14. Nile - Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka
15. At the Gates - Slaughter of the Soul
16. Sepultura - Arise
17. Bolt Thrower - Realm of Chaos
18. Carcass - Symphonies of Sickness
19. Massacre - From Beyond
20. Dismember - Like an Ever Flowing Stream
21. Nile - Black Seeds of Vengeance
22. Sepultura - Beneath the Remains
23. Carcass - Heartwork
24. Pestilence - Testimony of the Ancients
25. Cynic - Focus
26. Cryptopsy - None So Vile
27. Cancer - Death Shall Rise
28. Carnage - Dark Recollections
29. Obituary - Cause of Death
30. Death - Scream Bloody Gore
31. Napalm Death - Harmony Corruption
32. Bolt Thrower - Warmaster
33. Vader - De Profundis
34. Entombed - Clandestine
35. Malevolent Creation - Retribution
36. Death - Symbolic
37. Darkthrone - Soulside Journey
38. Gorguts - Obscura
39. Nocturnus - The Key
40. Immolation - Failures for Gods

Not that I think Terrorizer is gospel, but I think this list is solid. Taking this list as a template, are there opinions on the stuff from Nocturnus, Cancer and Carnage?

Never cared much for Nocturnus, sold my Cancer material (regret that on occasion), and still enjoy Carnage.

The list itself, of course, is fairly damaged. They have a good number of releases correct, but there are at least a few that don't belong.

Carnage is equal if not better than most on that list. I'd say it rivals Dismember's first and Seance's first for one of the best OSDM from Sweden.

Dark Recollectons rules!

Nocturnus - The Key is fucking brilliant, and criminally underappreciated. Carnage is one of the best death metal bands Sweden ever produced. I still need to hear Cancer aside from the third album.

The list itself, of course, is fairly damaged. They have a good number of releases correct, but there are at least a few that don't belong.

True. But they got the jist.I know people will point to the AtG album and asked why is it not TRitSiO. Or Onward to Golgotha (which I found just OK, Diabolical COnquest was better), or Dawn of Possession instead of Failures for Gods. Or why the fuck is Sepultura in there?

Still, a decent template.

Myself, I would have added THe Rack.

True. But they got the jist.I know people will point to the AtG album and asked why is it not TRitSiO. Or Onward to Golgotha (which I found just OK, Diabolical COnquest was better), or Dawn of Possession instead of Failures for Gods. Or why the fuck is Sepultura in there?

Still, a decent template.

Myself, I would have added THe Rack.

Agreed. I think they have a large majority of the correct bands on there, but not necessarily the best album choices.

Should it?

That said, any list acknowledging Slaughter of the Soul as anything but sell-out crap with sprinkles of homo on it automatically invalidated on all levels.