i love my phiolsophy class...

dreaming neon darkspot

natures' retard
May 13, 2002
in times of grace
i'm curretly writing a paper about how the song "Flying Whales" by Gojira illustrates the idea of life as a journey. for my first paper in the class, i used the lyrics of "Lost" as an example of poetry. my papers are such shit, but it's awesome using metal songs in assignments.

φιλοσόφια? more like παιδοφίλια

am I rite?

i'm curretly writing a paper about how the song "Flying Whales" by Gojira illustrates the idea of life as a journey. for my first paper in the class, i used the lyrics of "Lost" as an example of poetry. my papers are such shit, but it's awesome using metal songs in assignments.

philosophy is amazing, i love it so much. I am gonna get Aristotals volumes when i can afford it, my brother has a major in philosophy so he got me into it.

Have you read a book called "Sophies World"

i recommend it...please check it out if you haven't already.

havent read it, but my teacher (have him for this class and an intro class i had last semester) recommended it and brought it up in some of his lessons in the first class. i honestly dont remember what it was about though

I took philosophy-intro last year and it was possibly the shittiest class I've taken (and i've taken a lot of engineering related courses).

Seriously, what a shitty class.

Mine was a bunch of wankery. Jackasses chiming in about how animals have rights and using emotional arguments for EVERYTHING, and one of our 'guest speakers' was a loon from the Nation of Islam who called himself Ricky X and used his invitation to speak about poverty to talk about how bankers wanted to take over the world, how Bush Senior had started a 'New World Order' (with his supporting evidence being a Youtube clip of him saying the words 'New World Order', and how Jesus predicted everything that's going on today... his supporting 'evidence' was the Bible, the Koran, numerology, and a few quotes from a conspiracy theorist who sincerely believes that aliens are controlling the world with the Illuminati using telepathy. The teacher was a badass, but I can't stand fucking philosophy students.

Jeff

I took philosophy-intro last year and it was possibly the shittiest class I've taken (and i've taken a lot of engineering related courses).

Seriously, what a shitty class.

Did you take highschool level Sociology? That's the shittiest most worthless class ever. It's not a debatable subject.