I love this line up better!!!!!!

IntoPhagist said:
i like the versions of the old school songs with bush singing, hes AMAZING wtf is is wrong with him, he is the best replacement for anthrax , joey is classic but bush seems like he sounds better live

I don't agree and I have seen both line ups, Bush 4 times, classic 3 times. Joey does an amazing job live, I am amazed at how good he actually sounded after all those years...

metalugene said:
it's so metal! bush sucked he was too LA, way too comercial and they sold out when the got him!!!!!
i am so happy for anthrax they were always way heavier and faster with dan and joey, a real thrash band!!!! not some polished hard rock like saint, i hate them. speed metal LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes: :puke:

metalugene said:
it's so metal! bush sucked he was too LA, way too comercial and they sold out when the got him!!!!!
i am so happy for anthrax they were always way heavier and faster with dan and joey, a real thrash band!!!! not some polished hard rock like saint, i hate them. speed metal LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!
Douchebag.

Why was this thread resurrected?

Okay, so I am new on here but here are my thoughts.
The Joey era is the classic that got most of us into Anthrax right? Then we all got pissed when Bush came in, then we liked it and got very used to it. For those of us that started on Joey this "reunion" is great and welcomed. I'm not saying that John sucks or is not as much a member of the band as Joey. He was and will always be a strong member of the band. But seriously the band will do what they do and we all need to mosh on whatever that is. We support them right? We know they have withstood a ton of shit over the years and we have all been there for them. This is, or could be, a new chapter. Enjoy it!

I really couldn't get into the Bush Era Anthrax and I did try. I never heard it all but a decent ammount. I did see them live on the SOWN tour and it was all good. But I lost interest and I honestly always found his voice very generic.. Anyway, I was pretty pumped for the reunion and I am really hoping they record a new album with this one.. I also am dying to see them live.. They only cam ehere once and it was opening for Judas Priest who I do not like... I was waiting for them to Headline which I guess was a mistake cause they never did that here.....

The ATL line-up does kick ass!!

tomass74 said:
I really couldn't get into the Bush Era Anthrax and I did try. I never heard it all but a decent ammount. I did see them live on the SOWN tour and it was all good. But I lost interest and I honestly always found his voice very generic.. Anyway, I was pretty pumped for the reunion and I am really hoping they record a new album with this one.. I also am dying to see them live.. They only cam ehere once and it was opening for Judas Priest who I do not like... I was waiting for them to Headline which I guess was a mistake cause they never did that here.....

The ATL line-up does kick ass!!

I respect your opinions on Bush. Sometimes it's hard to swallow the bitter pill that is a band member change; especially when it comes to singer.

But how can you be so faithfull to the Belladonna era of Anthrax back when they were all thrash and not like Judas Priest?

And why would you let that get in the way of seeing the version of Anthrax that you feel so strongly about?

They headlined an off date for that tour here in the D.C. area I think. But I would have preferred an Anthrax/Judas Priest bill.

AlexStomp said:
I respect your opinions on Bush. Sometimes it's hard to swallow the bitter pill that is a band member change; especially when it comes to singer.

But how can you be so faithfull to the Belladonna era of Anthrax back when they were all thrash and not like Judas Priest?

And why would you let that get in the way of seeing the version of Anthrax that you feel so strongly about?

They headlined an off date for that tour here in the D.C. area I think. But I would have preferred an Anthrax/Judas Priest bill.

Dunno, I just never got into Priest... I definnately do not consider them Thrash by any means. They have some good songs.. The reason I didn't go was because Anthrax was opening and I didn't want to pay teh 50 bucks to see them do a shortened set. They were gonna headline after and I assumed that would do a Headlining show in Boston (I was wrong). Also I couldn't find anyone else that wanted to go mainly for teh same reasons and because the Sox and Yankees were palying a big game that night.

metalugene said:

Mirror%5C2006%5C6%5C2%5C6%5C612006234551203612006234535828%5Cimages%5Cimgm1s12.jpg

Crouchy says.... ''mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, your talking.....''

A-Load-of-bollocks.jpg

I love the Bush haters who didn't like the "new" sound of Anthrax.
Who is it who writes those songs anyway?
The band's sound was changing no matter who was singing (although I'm sure it was a smoother transition with Bush taking over.)

So assuming they release a CD with Joey do you think it will sound closer to ATL or WCFYA?

If you truly don't like the music on the last 4 CDs you probably won't like a new one (regardless of singers.)

hellzapoppin said:
I love the Bush haters who didn't like the "new" sound of Anthrax.
Who is it who writes those songs anyway?
The band's sound was changing no matter who was singing (although I'm sure it was a smoother transition with Bush taking over.)

So assuming they release a CD with Joey do you think it will sound closer to ATL or WCFYA?

If you truly don't like the music on the last 4 CDs you probably won't like a new one (regardless of singers.)
Agreed! :Smug:

metalugene said:
I have not posted in forever, I guess one can say I "got a life" outside of the internet (GASP!!). I have only one thing to say about "selling out" and all that crap. It is not my words, but from the immortal Cliff Burton and James Hetfield.
"People think you sold out if you signed on a major label, or that you dont play a thousand miles an hour anymore. If that is selling out, then, whatever..."

Heaven forbid if a band or person does something they think is a good musical decision. Its selling out if you change to be more accessable, it is even more selling out to not change. Anthrax is Anthrax. Metal is METAL and goddamn, aint it great?