I might be a little behind here...

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California, USA
I dunno if this has been discussed before or not, i searched the old threads and didnt find anything, so im posting it!

i was going through some old duran duran albums last night looking for "the promise" to compare it with the Novembre version... when i came across the song "the chauffeur", i hadn't listened to any duran duran in probably 15+ years and i always liked that song so i put it on... second verse in the song i hear "swim seagull in the sky". i had to check the lyrics just to be sure and yeah that's what he says. :)

after listening to a couple of the old duran duran albums i can tell theres some simon lebon influence in some of carmelo's vocal patterns/melodies.

have a nice day:heh:

Aeterea said:
"The Promise" was originally performed by Arcadia, a side project of duran duran members ;)

Do you know from where I can download this song?? :err:

NovemberMourning said:
after listening to a couple of the old duran duran albums i can tell theres some simon lebon influence in some of carmelo's vocal patterns/melodies.
In a certain way, I think it too :)
20 years ago or something like that, I was mad about D.D., but I knew only the singles passed on tv and radio.
The cover of 'The promise' is really nice, I like the bass lines.

i looked everywhere online, and i cant get the album here until weeks after its out... so i just downloaded it to hold me over till it shows up. no way was i going to wait!

and yes "the promise" cover is great! as well as "Geppetto".

Hey! Did you happened to know that :worship: David Gilmoure guests appearance at Arcadia's So Red the Rose? He recorded the guitars for The Promise and Missing... For the ones that are not into :worship: Pink Floyd:worship: yet, I really recommend you to listen to them. I've been rediscovering their music lately and now I can say they are the fathers of emotional music. :worship: