I need information about Death Metal.

Sep 2, 2003
London, England
I'm creating a presentation on Death Metal for one of my classes at college and I need to find some sites like ANUS.com's Metal section, which aren't shit. I'm looking for information on the history of Death Metal, important bands and album of both past and present, and information about the different styles of DM.

I welcome any help at all. cheers.

well you should not do a presentation about something you dont know shit about dickhead.
Ur just a wannabe.

Ageless said:
I'm creating a presentation on Death Metal for one of my classes at college and I need to find some sites like ANUS.com's Metal section, which aren't shit. I'm looking for information on the history of Death Metal, important bands and album of both past and present, and information about the different styles of DM.

I welcome any help at all. cheers.

http://lara.rstel.net/~pvlado/death_en.htm

www.deathmetal.org

Hope that helps \m/

Sonicarnal Artist said:
Unbearable pretension. It does not damage the readability, but the self-righteous and overblown egos of the writers leave a bad taste in the readers' mouths.
You enjoying the Miles Davis? Did you manage to get the Freddie Hubbard from me as well? 'Red Clay' is fucken' quality.

SlSk is not exactly reliable so you should trying looking for it from someone else, but if the search function is still buggered I'll try my best to get on so you can DL it.

well heres something that should help you, the band possessed made a song, track 10 on their cd seven churchs, called death metal that inspired the name for the genre, as i recall.

and i reckon something you could include in your report is that bands were commonly inspired by thrash metal acts such as slayer, sepultura, kreator, annihilator, and the such and that death metal started with bands like morbid angel, cannibal corpse, and all that good stuff, id otn know too much about it, but i know a little about dm.

SLAYER85 said:
well heres something that should help you, the band possessed made a song, track 10 on their cd seven churchs, called death metal that inspired the name for the genre, as i recall.
They brought out a demo in 1984 by the same name.

I pretty much covered the history aspect, i'm just looking for information on the different scenes, like who main bands that started it

Ageless said:
They brought out a demo in 1984 by the same name.

I pretty much covered the history aspect, i'm just looking for information on the different scenes, like who main bands that started it
I think Hypocrisy were highly influencial in the Swedish Death Metal scene, or so I recall because peter spent time in Florida and was influenced by the bands he heard there.