I need some advice...

I'd dig Yuzhno Sakhalinsk but like everyone has mentioned, it's all about researching the two before you go. I don't know where in Japan you have been but it's my understanding that northern Japan near Russia in comparison with a place like Kyoto would be a significant difference.

If you have the option to, I'd see about making a couple trips to both towns/cities so you can get a feel for them. You can only learn so much about a place from pictures; it's best to breathe the air. I'd pay attention to other things as well, including crime rates and cost of living.

QFTooth?

Yes Yuzhno Sakhalinsk has cheaper whores, i ordered a mail order bride from there several months ago. I got crabs but, it could of been worse.

Oh, and good luck on the move :)

:lol: Cheers guys!

I've been to Northern Japan and it was horrible for about a week - everyone was incredibly rude.

BECAUSE they thought I was Russian, and they hate Ruskies! Once they realised I was Scottish, I got the royal treatment.

I'm among those who didn't know you'd go... (I mean, how would I get that info at all?...)
whichever place you choose, with your type of spirit, I believe it will be great. congrats and have fun! :)