I Need Some Help With Tapping

Well, first, are you perfectly good at making pull off and hammer on (only with your left hand.. well, if you're righthanded). If not, start praticing this. Then, as everyone will say, start trying tapping with only one finger of your right hand and just two of your left hand, but very slowly!

Just try a simple 15 12 10, but tapping the 15 with your right hand finger. Only pull off (...but an hammer on for the tapped note). The trick is to try it very slowly. Then get it faster, and then try to more complicated moves, with more fingers and on different strings.

And if by "too hard" you mean slapping your neck with your right hand! hehe, you only need to do it as hard as you do a "standard" hammer on with your left hand. I know those tips are quite... well, they seem stupid... but since I don't know what you are doing when you try it, maybe that you are going way too fast.

an important thing about tapping is getting the rythm right, try this exercise
12 - 8 - 5 - 0 - 5 - 8 - 12 - 7 -4 - 0 - 4 - 7 repeat
if you try saying merrily merrily, that gives you the rythm that you want to tap in,it sounds wierd but it works, you have to be able to feel the rythm before you can play it accuratly