I Need some New albums

I just had a listen to some samples from Porcupine Trees In Absetia. I think this one will be a go-er. Sounds good.

Had a listen to MAZE and HOLE IN MY HEAD from Dokken. Dont mind that either. I might start with a best of. The harmonies sound cool

Yeah, I dont want powermetal, but I have wanted to check out NFIME for ages and only just remembered.

So I take it that Frameshift is pretty good? I dont have Vanishing POints first album yet either. Might add that.

I've only heard bits of Frameshift, but what I've heard is really excellent. I've got it on my own list :) And ooh. Have you heard any of the upcoming Ayreon? Put that on your list, it's amazing.

In Thought doesn't get me as much as Tangled in Dream...it's good and all, but if I'm in the mood to play a VP album, it's almost always TiD.

Edit: Vanden Plas :headbang:

Spruce Goose said:
Had a listen to MAZE and HOLE IN MY HEAD from Dokken. Dont mind that either. I might start with a best of. The harmonies sound cool
There's only one song from Dysfunctional on the best of. And it's not a good one. :erk:

Mmmmmmm....... sexy

I listened to Tangled in Dream last night. That is one fuck off album! It's so good. Never walk away is the shit. I love the crazy drumming at the end, and the way Silvio's vocal lines go off in tangents :headbang:

Come to think of it, Silvio is fuckin awesome with his vocal lines, the way that he sings the chrorus is different ways towards the ends of songs and adds "Miiiieeieieieieiiiieeennn" Instead of 'Mine'.

VP :headbang:

Dokken are essential - my favourites Under Lock & Key, Tooth & Nail, Back for the Attack. Also Don Dokken's Up From the Ashes. The rest really are sub par by Dokken standards I think. Disfunctional I think is average when you compare it to the above 3 classics.

Rush. A band of many era's 2112 and Hemespheres are classics! Moving Pictures just as great but more accessible but just as essential. Alex Lifeson's Victor is another nice side step that is worthy.

Other newer things I am listening to that I can recommend.

Pink Cream 69 - Thunderdome
Kansas - device - voice - drum (double live)
TNT - My Religion (another essential hard rock band)
Last Autumn's Dream - (Europe style - well three of em with diff guitarist and singer)
HIM - And Love Said No (greatest hits?) (rock version of Type O Negative)