I need website help....

ArtGarceau

Jan 24, 2007
Chicago
I want to create an upload form for my clients to upload their files to my server (some people aren't FTP inclined). Gavin had one to upload MP3s to the Sneap server, and although I'm not internet retarded, I can't figure out how to make a simple upload form pointing to a directory on my server.

Anyone know how to do this? I've googled but haven't come up with anything that I understand.

piece of cake.
does the server support PHP?
if so I can give you a small script that you simple upload via FTP to your server and point your browser to it.
any restrictions on file upload needed? like file size, type etc.

piece of cake.
does the server support PHP?
if so I can give you a small script that you simple upload via FTP to your server and point your browser to it.
any restrictions on file upload needed? like file size, type etc.

Yep...it supports PHP. No limits on file size because the folder itself will have a 200 gig limit.

I just made a lil script for you.

Do this:

1) Copy the sourcecode of this file
http://www.keinezeit.de/sources/upload.phps

2) Paste it into a blank document, change your email where it says test@test.de, change your target upload folder and name the file upload.php

3) Create a new folder below your www/htdocs folder via FTP.

4) Give this folder public write permissions (IE chmod 0777 to give all rights).

5) Upload your upload.php file to this new created folder.

6) Point your browser to it.

7) Put a file in the form field and press "Upload now!".

8) Wait until the success message appears.

9) Done. The file should now be in the very same folder.

If you need some kind of accessability to this folder or have some questions let me know ;-)