THE NEW Sneap Forum FTP!!

Relating to the post regarding uploading cover songs, I was thinking it may be a good idea to add some guidelines regarding what is and isn't acceptable to upload to the FTP. It would not be good to lose another place for storing our resources.

Relating to the post regarding uploading cover songs, I was thinking it may be a good idea to add some guidelines regarding what is and isn't acceptable to upload to the FTP. It would not be good to lose another place for storing our resources.

It's very simple, one rule.

1) Do not upload anything that isn't freely distributable. This includes cover songs, commercial software/samples, copyrighted content of any kind where you yourself are not the original copyright holder.

aaah, ok, call me whatever you want but i can't seem to figure out how to make a directory :S
anybody?
and i can't seem to find out how to delete files i uploaded either (otherwise i would remove the file i accidentally uploaded into the root directory, sorry for that)

cheers

i did the same thing sorry man:oops:

Is there any chance to make downloading by http:// link possible without login and password (so someone can post link to file on ftp without posting link to page containing account information)? Or it is not great idea to post links to files on other forums?

Is there any chance to make downloading by http:// link possible without login and password (so someone can post link to file on ftp without posting link to page containing account information)? Or it is not great idea to post links to files on other forums?

No, I will never change the way in which the login/password is enforced. If the server becomes too popular it will AUTOMATICALLY shut itself down. Pretend this is 1992 and you're in the Norwegian black metal scene - it's not about being mainstream, it's about being one of the pretentious "enlightened" nerds in corpse paint.

If you want real permanent web hosting, I can steer you in a great/inexpensive direction if you PM me. :cool:

I don`t mean hosting for myself - some peoples on other forums frequently ask questions something like: "Where I can find GuitarHack impulses?" (of course in russian).
And what is best place to find it? :)
So now I understand your position well.
But what about if I steer some peoples in direction of first page of this topic (if they want to get some goodies from ftp)?

I don`t mean hosting for myself - some peoples on other forums frequently ask questions something like: "Where I can find GuitarHack impulses?" (of course in russian).
And what is best place to find it? :)
So now I understand your position well.
But what about if I steer some peoples in direction of first page of this topic (if they want to get some goodies from ftp)?

Should be no big deal. I do have ads to support the site and as long as you don't link directly to files anywhere but here I'm ok with it.

Guys, it's time for an update on the FTP...

I've found a ton of violations of policy on the FTP today. Namely:

1. Whole sessions (Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo, etc., gigabytes worth of session files!)
  2. Pirated commercial software

I can't tolerate this and I have deleted all files that fit this description.

Troyanasy - you posted pirated software on the FTP. Never post anything on my FTP again or it gets shut down and everyone will know who to blame.

Anyway, keep it cool guys. My rules are simple and pretty generous. Sorry for the downer post.

OK - another update (012908) - I've decided to close off FTP access for now, leaving only the web front end open. I am working on the next version of this service and will keep everyone posted.