The Andy Sneap Forum FTP!

@Lepersmeesa Aight dez!

and am i the only one who cant use Kazrogs ftp? every time i try to connect in CuteFTP it tells me that the password or host validation is wrong. Which is bull as I've even copy and pasted it!

On the HTTP i can browse but not download :S

Thought he closed this some time ago from someone posting illegal shit. Is there even a Sneap ftp anymore through anyone?

Yeah, I had to shut down the FTP access because people were abusing it. So I've left the http server up as a time capsule.

We should just have one person managing the uploads. I.e. you contact the person, send them the file via a file share site, then that person uploads it. Now people can only download.

I've got a 6Tb limit per month and I'm only using ~200gb a month.

It's possible, but ineffective. IP bans effectively have the same impact as telling bouncers "Okay, that guy in the blue shirt is a tool, don't let anyone else with blue shirts in..." to keep idiots out.

Jeff

It's possible, but ineffective. IP bans effectively have the same impact as telling bouncers "Okay, that guy in the blue shirt is a tool, don't let anyone else with blue shirts in..." to keep idiots out.

With the added annoyance that the tool in blue is usually smart enough to change his shirt on the spot and just pass right through while the bouncers are none the wiser :lol:

Not everyone always has the same IP, basically anyone using DSL just has to flip their modem on and off and they are back on.
which is nice, for me.

Your computer will change it's IP address, your network doesn't. Just ask the cop that showed up at my door because someone said some shit on AIM to a girl on another computer on my network...

Guys, the point is that IP bans don't work. Let's move on to trying to find a better solution.

Kazrog, maybe limiting write access to a few trusted users and having everything go through them? I'll volunteer, as I know many will (*ahem*!) if you take that route, just to ease the load a bit.

Jeff

Guys, the point is that IP bans don't work. Let's move on to trying to find a better solution.

Kazrog, maybe limiting write access to a few trusted users and having everything go through them? I'll volunteer, as I know many will (*ahem*!) if you take that route, just to ease the load a bit.

Jeff

Alright, I suppose it's time I respond, since this is actually a reasonable idea. I will work on getting this set up, and post in this thread as soon as I do. Sorry about the redirect. :lol:

OK, the Sneap Forum FTP is back!

As before, to access on the web go to:
http://sneapforum.kazrog.com
login: sneapforum
password: sn3apf0rum

I am giving the actual FTP password to JBroll, so if you want to post something, arrange it with him - but he is busy and let's make sure not to overload him with requests. Let's keep it down to stuff that is of potential interest to everyone here, e.g. if you want to upload an mp3 clip or something, just use SoundClick or similar services. However, if you want to post Revalver or Pod XT presets, impulses, DFHS 2.0 templates, drum samples you've made, etc., the FTP is a great place for stuff like that.

Any other forum regulars interested in helping out? There are quite a few of you here I would trust to be cool about this.

Wait, I can see why you'd have restricted uploads, but why also password protected downloads? To free up bandwidth?